Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Camera not taking images sometimes
3784 9 2017-5-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Draken413o
lvl.1
Flight distance : 678346 ft
Singapore

Hi! Hope everyone has been flying well and safe.
Recently, I've come across a problem with my phantom 4 pro. I've noticed when I do bracket shots (5 AEB) where I press the shutter button from the remote controller it works as intended but sometimes if I were to press the shutter button again to get another 5 AEB, I will hear the shutter clicking sounds from the ipad mini 4 but I notice that images are not written to the card and also if I were to look at my drone, the red LED lights did not go off which I assume the camera is not taking any photos.

If I were to wait for abit where I see the indicator around the shutter button on the app stop (meaning the writing of the images to the microsd card) and press the RC shutter button, it normally does reduce the frequency of the issue. However there are times the same problem would occur even with the waiting. The only real way for me to know if the images have been taken is to look at the capacity in the app if the number goes down.

I don't think this issue had happened before when I was using the iphone7plus but I noticed it recently on a flight with an ipad mini 4.

I've refreshed my drone latest firmware and am using up to date dji go app but it still does occur.

I'm wondering if anyone has the same issues or could this problem have been introduced recently with the firmware?

2017-5-20
Use props
robert.camerawi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 743077 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have had the same problem.
2017-5-24
Use props
gabriel.magana
lvl.1
Flight distance : 177254 ft
United States

It's been reported here on other threads. Some guy was really angry about it because he traveled a long way to take the pics and then did not check on location, so he found out he was missing pics after coming back from the remote location.

Can't say i disagree: Dropping pics without telling the user is probably the worst possible way to handle full image buffer in the drone.
2017-5-25
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Did you notice this after updating firmware, or was it happening prior? Could you verify what firmware versions the unit reads at in the Go app? Have you made any changes in SD cards as well?
2017-5-25
Use props
fansdeea98f2
Flight distance : 891732 ft
United States

I have the same problem.  Happened again today at two different shoots.  I've learned to check the photo library after every shot to make sure they're being recorded, and sometimes they're not.  At least I know I need to check and retake the photos by checking each time though.

Would be nice if it didn't do this though.  Just noticed it happening in the last couple of months.  Off and on, no rhyme or reason to when it happens.  Using the latest firmware, full battery, iPad 4 Mini & iPhone 6.
2017-7-26
Use props
Grant Ballot
New

I have had the same problem a few times. At first, I thought it was caused by me formatting my cards on my computer. Then today, I had the same issue and decided to exit out of the app completely while the controller and drone we still connected. I relaunch the app but clicking on the DJIgo4 app icon and that seemed to work for me. All of the functionality came back. After changing my battery, I started up the drone again and the same issue happened so I did the same thing and it worked.

It sucks that we have to have  a work around but I'm sure they will fix it soon.

I use a Samsung 7
2018-8-1
Use props
Grant Ballot
New

I have had the same problem a few times. At first, I thought it was caused by me formatting my cards on my computer. Then today, I had the same issue and decided to exit out of the app completely while the controller and drone we still connected. I relaunch the app but clicking on the DJIgo4 app icon and that seemed to work for me. All of the functionality came back. After changing my battery, I started up the drone again and the same issue happened so I did the same thing and it worked.

It sucks that we have to have  a work around but I'm sure they will fix it soon.

I use a Samsung 7
2018-8-1
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

There is no real buffer in the camera system, so it can take some time to write images to the SD card. The best two things you can do is buy a faster SD card, such as a Sandisk Extreme Pro, and watch the progress indicator before shooting again. The issue has nothing to do with what phone or tablet you have on your RC unit, it is entirely within the aircraft camera.
2018-8-1
Use props
KedDK
Captain
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Grant Ballot Posted at 2018-8-1 20:32
I have had the same problem a few times. At first, I thought it was caused by me formatting my cards on my computer. Then today, I had the same issue and decided to exit out of the app completely while the controller and drone we still connected. I relaunch the app but clicking on the DJIgo4 app icon and that seemed to work for me. All of the functionality came back. After changing my battery, I started up the drone again and the same issue happened so I did the same thing and it worked.

"It sucks that we have to have  a work around but I'm sure they will fix it soon."

Did you notice the age of the thread?

Only issue in this regard i see is that after stopping movement, the shutter seem to inactivate for a sec or two, seen by the green box fade out shortly. Pressing shutter or record button in right that moment, no action is done and trigger have to be repeated when the 'fade' is over.
Strange thing is that there is no issues while flying, only when i stop to frame it right it happen.

Don't think it has been like this in all versions or perhaps it now is taking longer time to do what ever it does ...
2018-8-1
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

KedDK Posted at 2018-8-1 22:49
"It sucks that we have to have  a work around but I'm sure they will fix it soon."

Did you notice the age of the thread?

As far as I am aware, it has been happening since the P3, so there is nothing new about it. And from my understanding (going back to the P3) the whole camera process is a solution bought by DJI from another company. It seems that DJI have nothing to do with the firmware that controls the process. And of course, shooting in RAW only makes it worse because it makes larger files which take time to process and write.
2018-8-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules