Air Encoder Error (0x100000)
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RichfromHowellN
Second Officer
Flight distance : 508255 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm seeing an error in my "Overall Status" - "Air Encoder Error (0x100000)". "Restart Aircraft. Contact DJI Support if it persists after restart."
I have noticed that under Visual Navigation Settings, "Display Radar Chart" switch so that I can enable or disable (although green) is grayed out so I can't change this even if I wanted to do so.  
I have also noticed that under Aircraft Status under vision Sensors I'm seeing "Landing gear lowered".  "Obstacle Avoidance Disabled"

I've rebooted my Inspire 2 several times and the problem does not clear up.  I when I go to land I have to manually lower my landing gear because it will not sense the ground.  I also noticed that the Radar Chart no longer displays for my obstacle avoidance.

App Version 4.0.8
Aircraft Version 01.00.0330
Remote Controller Version 01.00.0110
Flight Database Version 00.00.01.04
App Database Version 00.00.01.04

In DJI Assistant 2 - I refreshed the Aircraft Version, and recalibrated the vision sensors (both from and bottom).

I even reset to factory default settings from with DJI Assistant 2.  I'm inclined to downgrade my firmware to the previous firmware but that sounds pretty scary.

Has anyone see this problem?
2017-5-20
Use props
snath
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5045295 ft
  • >>>
United States

Do you have your camera attached to the aircraft?
2017-5-20
Use props
RichfromHowellN
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

snath Posted at 2017-5-20 11:52
Do you have your camera attached to the aircraft?

I put my camera on and rebooted.  All looks good except under Aircraft Status/Vision Sensors I'm seeing

Landing gear lowered.  <--- okay that makes sense because it is on the ground with the leading gear lowered
Obstacle Avoidance Disabled <---- when I take off, this message goes away

Landing Gear comes down automatically now too!  Woohoo!

With my Mavic, when I get too close to something, it will bring up the Radar Bars.  I guess that does not work with the Inspire 2?  Radar bars are not visible but the visual avoidance system does signal me by an audible sound.
2017-5-20
Use props
snath
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5045295 ft
  • >>>
United States

RichfromHowellN Posted at 2017-5-20 12:07
I put my camera on and rebooted.  All looks good except under Aircraft Status/Vision Sensors I'm seeing

Landing gear lowered.

It is correct on both points,  obstacle avoidance normally goes away once the arms go up. You may want to check the buttons that are active on the Inspire 2, they are not all set when you get it initially. You can select ones you want active.
2017-5-20
Use props
RichfromHowellN
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

snath Posted at 2017-5-20 18:45
It is correct on both points,  obstacle avoidance normally goes away once the arms go up. You may want to check the buttons that are active on the Inspire 2, they are not all set when you get it initially. You can select ones you want active.

Would you be know the answer to this:

With my Mavic, when I get too close to something, it will bring up the Radar Bars.  I guess that does not work with the Inspire 2?
2017-5-21
Use props
nzfritz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 263796 ft
  • >>>
Indonesia

I've also noticed this error if the camera isn't attached.  Would like to be able to fly without the camera though so I can attach other payloads....
2017-5-26
Use props
RichfromHowellN
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

nzfritz Posted at 2017-5-26 15:50
I've also noticed this error if the camera isn't attached.  Would like to be able to fly without the camera though so I can attach other payloads....

Would be nice if we got a more meaningful error message .... something like camera not attached.
2017-5-28
Use props
nzfritz
lvl.2
  • >>>
Indonesia

RichfromHowellN Posted at 2017-5-28 21:04
Would be nice if we got a more meaningful error message .... something like camera not attached.

It says that now after the new app update
2017-6-2
Use props
nzfritz
lvl.2
  • >>>
Indonesia

RichfromHowellN Posted at 2017-5-28 21:04

2017-6-2
Use props
fans74ab8255
lvl.2
Flight distance : 137175 ft
  • >>>
United States

I also have the same error. I have tried updating and refreshing the firmware and calibrating but nothing seems to fix the air encoder. To be clear, yes I have the gimbal attached (X4S). I have heard you need to format the SD card and when I try to do that it says there is no SD card. Any help would be appreciated. I'm thinking it is probably just a bad camera and a new one would probably fix the Air Encoder Problem.  
2017-6-2
Use props
RichfromHowellN
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

nzfritz Posted at 2017-6-2 01:15

Awesome!  Thanks
2017-6-3
Use props
RichfromHowellN
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

fans74ab8255 Posted at 2017-6-2 07:10
I also have the same error. I have tried updating and refreshing the firmware and calibrating but nothing seems to fix the air encoder. To be clear, yes I have the gimbal attached (X4S). I have heard you need to format the SD card and when I try to do that it says there is no SD card. Any help would be appreciated. I'm thinking it is probably just a bad camera and a new one would probably fix the Air Encoder Problem.

Did you try a different SD Card?  What size card are you using?
2017-6-3
Use props
fans74ab8255
lvl.2
Flight distance : 137175 ft
  • >>>
United States

RichfromHowellN Posted at 2017-6-3 03:16
Did you try a different SD Card?  What size card are you using?

Yes I tried another SD card and was still getting the same errors. I tried the 16GB that came with the drone and then tried a Sandisk Extreme 32 GB and it still said no SD card when I turned it on.  
2017-6-5
Use props
RichfromHowellN
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

fans74ab8255 Posted at 2017-6-5 04:57
Yes I tried another SD card and was still getting the same errors. I tried the 16GB that came with the drone and then tried a Sandisk Extreme 32 GB and it still said no SD card when I turned it on.

I hate to say but it maybe time to open a support case with DJI.
2017-6-5
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

RichfromHowellN Posted at 2017-5-21 01:49
Would you be know the answer to this:

With my Mavic, when I get too close to something, it will bring up the Radar Bars.  I guess that does not work with the Inspire 2?

Yes, the I2 has the radar chart bars. You need to make sure the slider is turned on under Visual Navigation Settings. "Display Radar Chart"

IMG_0180.PNG

Hope that helps you
Rich
2017-8-3
Use props
RichfromHowellN
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-8-3 17:50
Yes, the I2 has the radar chart bars. You need to make sure the slider is turned on under Visual Navigation Settings. "Display Radar Chart"

[view_image]

RichJ53 .... thank you for your response.  As in your display that option is grayed out for me and I'm not able to turn it on.  Were you able to toggle this feature on/off on your Inspire 2?
2017-8-7
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

RichfromHowellN Posted at 2017-8-7 22:52
RichJ53 .... thank you for your response.  As in your display that option is grayed out for me and I'm not able to turn it on.  Were you able to toggle this feature on/off on your Inspire 2?

Rich
I will recheck this and get back to you. But the warning bars were working the last time I flew.
Rich
2017-8-8
Use props
RichfromHowellN
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-8-8 08:39
Rich
I will recheck this and get back to you. But the warning bars were working the last time I flew.
Rich

Thanks RichJ53 .... I'm very much interested to find out if your option is grayed out.
2017-8-10
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

RichfromHowellN Posted at 2017-8-10 03:26
Thanks RichJ53 .... I'm very much interested to find out if your option is grayed out.

I checked it  out today extensively and the radar chart is not available anymore when flying. It shows the feature turned on, but it is not available to change.  The OA sensors are working and you get the remote beeping, but no warning on the camera view. This must have just happened with the last Go 4 update?
Rich
DJI Mindy, please report this to the R&D team to fix this in the next up date
Screen shot below

IMG_0201.jpg
2017-8-10
Use props
RichfromHowellN
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-8-10 15:19
I checked it  out today extensively and the radar chart is not available anymore when flying. It shows the feature turned on, but it is not available to change.  The OA sensors are working and you get the remote beeping, but no warning on the camera view. This must have just happened with the last Go 4 update?
Rich
DJI Mindy, please report this to the R&D team to fix this in the next up date

@RichJ53 - Thank you for confirming.  I didn't realize this until after I got my Mavic and thought ... well that is a pretty cool feature an figured my Inspire 2 would do the same thing.  Hopefully DJI will be able to fix this problem in a future firmware update.  Again, thanks for confirming!
2017-8-15
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

RichfromHowellN Posted at 2017-8-15 01:41
@RichJ53 - Thank you for confirming.  I didn't realize this until after I got my Mavic and thought ... well that is a pretty cool feature an figured my Inspire 2 would do the same thing.  Hopefully DJI will be able to fix this problem in a future firmware update.  Again, thanks for confirming!

Hi Rich

I know it was working on the Inspire 2 because I was impressed how far away the radar (distance) was detecting on the display. I wanted to test the OA on my Inspire 2 just to know what to expect in real world situations

Rich
2017-8-15
Use props
RichfromHowellN
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-8-15 07:25
Hi Rich

I know it was working on the Inspire 2 because I was impressed how far away the radar (distance) was detecting on the display. I wanted to test the OA on my Inspire 2 just to know what to expect in real world situations

But it is not working now for you ... correct?
2017-8-16
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

RichfromHowellN Posted at 2017-8-16 00:40
But it is not working now for you ... correct?

All I get is the beeping from the remote when you get close to something. I see nothing on the App showing me the distance or radar bars...

I will be flying again today
Rich
2017-8-16
Use props
RichfromHowellN
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-8-16 07:41
All I get is the beeping from the remote when you get close to something. I see nothing on the App showing me the distance or radar bars...

I will be flying again today

Yes this is exactly what I get on my Inspire 2.  I now understand that this feature used to work on your Inspire 2.  I know it works on my Mavic Pro and still works on my Mavic Pro.  At some point this feature stopped working on my Inspire 2 and it sounds like it stopped working on yours.  Hmmmm I'm wondering if this feature is dependent on some other feature being turned on/off in the DJI Go 4 app for the Inspire 2.
2017-8-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules