Feedback on Mavic video, please!
723 8 2017-5-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bcjkdem1
lvl.4
United States

I would greatly appreciate any feedback you guys can provide on this Mavic video I put together. I got some really great replies about my last video, and hope to get some more constructive criticism about this one as well. Thank you in advance!

2017-5-20
Use props
FlyingSmasher
lvl.2
United States

Good flying but the entire movie was little bit overexposed. Also you kept going back to same place.
2017-5-20
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Looks like a really cool place to fly.
2017-5-20
Use props
bcjkdem1
lvl.4
United States

FlyingSmasher Posted at 2017-5-20 14:43
Good flying but the entire movie was little bit overexposed. Also you kept going back to same place.

Very small town! But yes, I was hoping for some more footage of different angles, but only had about an hour to fly/shoot.

And that's funny you say it was overexposed, because almost every shot was way UNDER-exposed, before post... Maybe I went a little overboard bringing up the lighting levels to compensate.. I'll have to watch it on a few different screens before posting next time. Thanks for the feedback!!
2017-5-20
Use props
FlyingSmasher
lvl.2
United States

bcjkdem1 Posted at 2017-5-20 14:56
Very small town!  But yes, I was hoping for some more footage of different angles, but only had about an hour to fly/shoot.

And that's funny you say it was overexposed, because almost every shot was way UNDER-exposed, before post... Maybe I went a little overboard bringing up the lighting levels to compensate.. I'll have to watch it on a few different screens before posting next time. Thanks for the feedback!!

You are welcome. It looked like the colors were washed out especially when looking at the clouds and the dry brown grass.

Also active track would have been nice on the boat coming in to the harbor.
2017-5-20
Use props
bcjkdem1
lvl.4
United States

FlyingSmasher Posted at 2017-5-20 15:00
You are welcome. It looked like the colors were washed out especially when look at the cloud and the dry brown grass.

Also active track would have been nice on the boat coming in to the harbor.

Yeah, in some of the shots, the grass was close-to-black-underexposed, before post. I did what I could to salvage those clips, but would have liked to have better exposed shots to work with from the start. Still getting used to which ND/PL to use and when, as I was testing a new set of Polar Pros, that were different from the ones I was using before.
Thank you so much for the feedback! I will be making a lot more of these, and each comment I receive really goes a long way for me, when tweaking the next video.
2017-5-20
Use props
FlyingSmasher
lvl.2
United States

bcjkdem1 Posted at 2017-5-20 15:11
Yeah, in some of the shots, the grass was close-to-black-underexposed, before post. I did what I could to salvage those clips, but would have liked to have better exposed shots to work with from the start. Still getting used to which ND/PL to use and when, as I was testing a new set of Polar Pros, that were different from the ones I was using before.
Thank you so much for the feedback! I will be making a lot more of these, and each comment I receive really goes a long way for me, when tweaking the next video.

Will keep watching for your vidoes. I am reviewing a lot of youtube vidoes to get me up to speed.
2017-5-20
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
Second Officer
Flight distance : 324442 ft
United Kingdom

I quite like the slightly washed out look, stylish and I assumed intentional... really nice shots out to sea with the sun. 2 minutes long would of helped me keep my attention

I really liked it and clicked the green thumb thing, no idea what it does but hey..
2017-5-20
Use props
bcjkdem1
lvl.4
United States

Matt-and-Riley Posted at 2017-5-20 16:15
I quite like the slightly washed out look, stylish and I assumed intentional... really nice shots out to sea with the sun. 2 minutes long would of helped me keep my attention

I really liked it and clicked the green thumb thing, no idea what it does but hey..

Haha! Thanks! I believe your comments on my last Colorado video are what inspired me to cut the length of this one down significantly from the length of that one. I believe you were the one to tell me that one was too long, and could use some cross fades (which I took to heart for this one).
I may have a hard time cutting a video down to 2 minutes because I'm a musician-type, and it's hard for me to find a snippet of a song to use that's only 2 minutes long, and a has a nice crescendo to work with...
I greatly appreciate the constructive criticism you provide, and hope to hear your thoughts on the next one I'm working on.
2017-5-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules