Phantom 3 Standard upgraded remote, car charger, 2 batteries, & more
1074 7 2017-5-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Clapper
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1528392 ft
United States

Not sure what happened, but lost my Phantom 3 Standard drone flying in the mountains today. My best guess is that it tried to return home and the altitude was too low and it hit the side of the mountain. Bummer. I really loved that drone and shot some great stuff with it. I think I am going to get a Mavic Pro next. Selling my upgraded remote and accessories for the Phantom 3 Standard cheap. Would like to sell together which is why I am offering this awesome deal. Here's what you get:

Phantom 3 Standard upgraded remote with 1x DBS STANDARD ITE-DBS01.4 Antenna upgrade  (routinely flew 2 miles out plus works great)DIGIPOWER® - Re-fuel 3 Port Multi Charger for DJI Phantom 3 (charges three batteries at a time)
Anbee Car Charger & Adapter for DJI Phantom 3 Quadcopter Batteries
2 DJI Intelligent flight batteries (both good working order, maybe 50 flights each)
I will throw in some new propellors too.

Altogether this kit would cost you about $600.00 or more. Your price for this kit - $299.00 firm. PayPal only - no checks or other forms of payment accepted. Shipping ground to US only included. No international shipping - sorry. Email rt4rider@gmail.com to purchase. Thanks.

2017-5-20
Use props
djordan2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 79291 ft
United States

Are you going to try and find the old drone?  There should be enough information in the logs to give you a good place to start looking.  Can you upload to Google Earth and show me the file?  If you aren't too far away, I'll go look for it.
2017-5-20
Use props
dankar
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10499 ft

United States

i will take it email  dan-kar@comcast.net
2017-5-20
Use props
Clapper
lvl.2
United States

Sent you email.
2017-5-21
Use props
Clapper
lvl.2
United States

djordan2 Posted at 2017-5-20 17:39
Are you going to try and find the old drone?  There should be enough information in the logs to give you a good place to start looking.  Can you upload to Google Earth and show me the file?  If you aren't too far away, I'll go look for it.

Did make an exhaustive grid search of the coordinate area and expanded out 1/4 mile from multiple vantage points above and below with very good binoculars and no luck. It must be stuck somewhere undercover or the GPS coordinates are off.  Searched about four hours and nothing. Without technical climbing skills or another drone I am not going to look closer and would not want anyone else to unless they were a seriously skilled climber with technical gear and backup who could come down from above. Already ordered my Mavic Pro, and will use it to search more when it comes. At least it won't crash into the mountain, hopefully. I think the only salvagers who have a shot at getting my drone are the big horn sheep and mountain lions.
Cautionary tale: Make sure your RTH is set way high - I messed up and forgot to increase it while flying around a lot of high stuff. Dumb = lost bird.

Really had some great footage on the SD card too. Had an eagle encounter and a lot of other great stuff on there I will never see now. Oh well. Here is where it went down according to the log. BTW, it is a lot steeper in reality than it looks in this picture. You would need ropes or risk dying to get at that spot, and who knows if it is even there. Could not see it with the binculars.

Where Airbug went down .jpg
2017-5-21
Use props
djordan2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 79291 ft
United States

Didn't your viewing device record the video as well.  Mine does.  After looking at the terrain, I don't think I want to looking up there either.  Searching with another drone is a great idea.  Where is this?
2017-5-21
Use props
fans727218f7
lvl.3
Flight distance : 11004 ft
United States

Does the magic return by the same flight path?  You may want a P4 if not to prevent a reoccurance.  Good luck.
2017-5-21
Use props
Clapper
lvl.2
United States

fans727218f7 Posted at 2017-5-21 21:30
Does the magic return by the same flight path?  You may want a P4 if not to prevent a reoccurance.  Good luck.

Well even if it does return on the same flight path, it has collision avoidance so it won't just fly into the mountain. As I understand it, the Mavic will try to go around an obstacle in RTH mode. Not really sure though. But even if it just stops and hovers, that would be good enough.  I had time to jump in my car and drive around the point to reacquire signal - if my P3S had been hovering I could have flown it out with plenty of battery left. But it was lying on the mountainside or canyon floor. Poor Airbug. :-(
2017-5-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules