Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Fishing line vs. P3P
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MJLSTUDIOS
First Officer
Flight distance : 1540131 ft
  • >>>
United States

A couple of days ago while flying near a fishing pier at the beach, the wind picked up one the the fishing lines and blew it into my P3P. My tuff 'ol bird (O' Black Betty) took most of that fishing line off the reel and wrapped it around her prop. I had lost signal, both radio and visual just prior this event and I was flying in VR. As told by several fishermen, 'O Black Betty spun down to about 1 foot above the water, righted herself into a stable hover until a 4 ft wave took her to the bottom. I made my way onto the pier and walked the 1000 ft lentgh to the end where several fishermen were looking over the rail down to the water. One of them had a heavy catch as another one lowered a basket to help bring (what I thought would be a shark) my P3P to the surface and back to me! I filed a claim with State Farm and recieved an electric tranfer of funds to my account the next day. P3P's are no longer manufactured and  am undecided to buy a P4 or P4 ADV. It seems there is a lot of problems with the P4's, and now I'm reading there are problems with the DJI GO 4 app! I can still purchase new P3P's online, but Im look for advice  from those who have (or had) flown both and which they preferred.

2017-5-21
Use props
MJLSTUDIOS
First Officer
Flight distance : 1540131 ft
  • >>>
United States

In Memory of 'O Black Betty. She was a tuff 'Ol Lady.  I still have Flaming Flo, shes my other P3P, may she have a long life!

20161022_172935.jpg
2017-5-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules