Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
wobbles
lvl.4
Flight distance : 547438 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi Guys,
Just thought i would share my SECOND flight today, and the importance of pre flight checks..

Got to a local park where they were doing a canoing competition and had asked if it was ok for me to practice around the lake ,but NOT DIRECTLY above anyone , they agreed..
so got set up .
Mega excited and scared, but took my time to check all the settings and took off and had i practice out the way of taking off landing on my pad i have made , and general manoveros ..all was good till i decided to try RTH setting so flew it away (still in sight ,just incase) and pressed the RTH button...ONLY I HAD TURNED CONTROLLER OFF BY MISTAKE..
panic set in .but noticed drone had just stoppped and hovered , so thought take a breath ....
WHAT DO I DO NOW .Then the drone went up and started coming back , meanwhile i was rebooting the controller and the drone came back and landed PERFECTLY in center of my pad just as i regained controll..i am so glad i have read posts on here about doing pre flight checks as i had set the setting "if signal lost return to home"...i know i could see the drone even if i had not set this , but its so reassuring that that one of the failsafes from DJI worked like a dream ....
I contiuned to film for the 2 batterys i had with amazing confidence even swithing modes , to sport , follow , and tripod mode ...
one very happy DJI customer here folks , refreshing after the horry sories you read on here LOL

2017-5-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Good job wobbles, great to hear everything worked out, this technology is great.
2017-5-21
Use props
Nigel_
lvl.4
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

"I contiuned to film for the 2 batterys i had with amazing confidence"

Don't get too confident, it is very easy for things to go wrong when the pilot makes mistakes, take things easy while you are learning and also follow the UK Drone Code http://dronesafe.uk/drone-code/.
2017-5-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules