12Next >
5198 79 2017-5-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans62c763c9
lvl.2
Flight distance : 812064 ft

Hong Kong

My drone just fell into the sea... i swim and get back the body.let me discript :
I was flying around the cliff, when my battery low to 40%, I fly back and get close to my Home Point(where I controlling) to make it easier to land avoid a very low level.
Then my drone is 24M away to me and 17m higth within my vision. I remember the battery is about 30% left and I check Dji Go after it shows 29%, suddenly in drone disconnected, so me and my fd look at the drone, the drone was hover for about 5-10 second, then it turns off its motor , fall straight into the sea. I have swim out and pick back the body.

So, if Dji responsible to this kind of fault case? Seems it's cause by the abnormal react of the drone.

If Dji can still analyze the data from my phone and my drone? What I supposed to do at this time? If the drone cause by the drone itself , will I get a new drone of full pay refund?

Please reply ASAP, I am losing confidence of this product now... please advice

2017-5-21
Use props
Nigel_
lvl.4
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

If you sync your flight in DJI Go and then contact DJI support they will look into it.

You can also upload your flight log to http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/upload/ for us to have a look  (follow the instructions on the page and post a link to your flight here).

How old is the aircraft, how many flights?

If it is still under warrantee then they may replace it if the logs show that it was an aircraft problem and not a pilot problem.
2017-5-21
Use props
fans62c763c9
lvl.2

Hong Kong

Thank you so much Nigel, it should still under warranty and I would try to upload to the portal, thanks for help.
But I don't have conference since the Dji Go was disconnected before fall into the sea...
2017-5-21
Use props
fans62c763c9
lvl.2

Hong Kong

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/TPI3QIROO0CTO7BFAXZ7/
the last log is uploaded, please help.
2017-5-21
Use props
fans62c763c9
lvl.2

Hong Kong

do you have any idea if any of the flight log can recovering by my dried drone?
2017-5-21
Use props
Nigel_
lvl.4
United Kingdom

fans62c763c9 Posted at 2017-5-21 07:01
do you have any idea if any of the flight log can recovering by my dried drone?

DJI can easily recover the flight log if you send it in to be repaired, probably they will treat it as a warrantee repair if your story is correct.

You may be able to read it using DJI Assistant 2 software, but it is probably better not to power the aircraft on if it has been in the sea, you may cause further damage.  The battery should be disposed of safely, do not use the battery, it will not be safe, do not store it where a battery fire could cause problems.

On first look of your log I see nothing unusual except the disconnect.  (This is good because it matches your story.)
2017-5-21
Use props
fans62c763c9
lvl.2

Hong Kong

Yes there were no abnormal can show is in the record, I won't power up my drone for sure but what about the battery? If I dispose it will I receive a new new from Dji?
Since this is a very horrible case...
Lucky that I get back the drone body, otherwise Dji can't do anything help me out right?
So now I have to contact repair center and send the drone to them right?
2017-5-21
Use props
fans62c763c9
lvl.2

Hong Kong

Further more... since the warranty period is difference between each components... will Dji repair only the coverage part but not the drone? But what if the drone fell is cause by an abnormal parts? Will have a complete repair to my case?
2017-5-21
Use props
Nigel_
lvl.4
United Kingdom

fans62c763c9 Posted at 2017-5-21 07:49
Yes there were no abnormal can show is in the record, I won't power up my drone for sure but what about the battery? If I dispose it will I receive a new new from Dji?
Since this is a very horrible case...
Lucky that I get back the drone body, otherwise Dji can't do anything help me out right?

Sometimes there is enough information in the phone log for them to replace the aircraft under warrantee in a situation like this even if it is lost.  Since you have the aircraft logs there will almost certainly be enough information for them to know what happened.

I expect they will replace everything including the battery, however water damage is not covered by the warrantee so it depends on how nice they are being and maybe how old it is, warrantee on the battery is 6 months.  Contact DJI support and send it in under warrantee, they will tell you if it is covered or how much it will cost to repair before they do anything.  Be nice to them and hopefully they will be nice to you.
2017-5-21
Use props
Nigel_
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Do not send them the battery, explain that you are not sending it because it is not safe after being in the sea.
2017-5-21
Use props
fansbaf1ec9c
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7293 ft
United States

Just curious ,  did the drone sink to the bottom and did you have to dive for it?
2017-5-21
Use props
PartsGuy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 418346 ft
United States

fans62c763c9 Posted at 2017-5-21 06:47
http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/TPI3QIROO0CTO7BFAXZ7/
the last log is uploaded, please help.

I'm curious why you were switching modes throughout the flight. Why where you using active track? Were you filming something or somebody? You must have had the VPS off, it shows nothing. It went from P-GPS to active track to atti mode and then back to P-GPS in just a few seconds. Were you playing with the mode settings or were those changes intentional?
2017-5-21
Use props
fans62c763c9
lvl.2

Hong Kong

Nigel_ Posted at 2017-5-21 08:03
Do not send them the battery, explain that you are not sending it because it is not safe after being in the sea.

Nigel, thank you so much for all your advice, it makes me feel much better. Btw, I am still not so believe what's going on to my drone.
2017-5-21
Use props
fans62c763c9
lvl.2

Hong Kong

fansbaf1ec9c Posted at 2017-5-21 08:48
Just curious ,  did the drone sink to the bottom and did you have to dive for it?

Yes it is. You can click my link above it show the last location it is where the drone fells, you will see me and my fds just watching the drone fall into water by suddenly turning off all the motors. And we are all flyers and we are all looking to my screens and say " wow, why would the drone disconnected by this close distance?" And than we all look at the drone and it is hovering, than I will wait for the reconnect, few seconds later it falls, all peoples around including us screaming...
you know when you have more than 200 times flying records and the situation I face is absolutely unbelievable...
Kind of lucky that it is on the water bottom but not very deep. And you won't believe the drone looks completely no damage not even a scratch but it dive for more than few mins since we can not go straight into water because the wave is very strong... again, lucky that it's not hurting anyone's.
2017-5-21
Use props
fans62c763c9
lvl.2

Hong Kong

PartsGuy Posted at 2017-5-21 13:42
I'm curious why you were switching modes throughout the flight. Why where you using active track? Were you filming something or somebody? You must have had the VPS off, it shows nothing. It went from P-GPS to active track to atti mode and then back to P-GPS in just a few seconds. Were you playing with the mode settings or were those changes intentional?

Yes I am playing around with my drone and filming, I am not exact know your question but I would say it's nothing about a crash, that last miles of my battery I play safe just don't want to reach a  too low level of battery, I am happy that for answering any of question because I want to share this experience to all flyers that this might happen to all you guys... again I am still can't believe what's going on...
I really hopes Dji can find something on my drone because I need to know what's happening, otherwise I would have shadows for flyings by this scary experience...
2017-5-21
Use props
PartsGuy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 418346 ft
United States

fans62c763c9 Posted at 2017-5-21 15:29
Yes I am playing around with my drone and filming, I am not exact know your question but I would say it's nothing about a crash, that last miles of my battery I play safe just don't want to reach a  too low level of battery, I am happy that for answering any of question because I want to share this experience to all flyers that this might happen to all you guys... again I am still can't believe what's going on...
I really hopes Dji can find something on my drone because I need to know what's happening, otherwise I would have shadows for flyings by this scary experience...

One correction to my statement. For the first half or so of the flight VPS was working. The latter part it wasn't because you were too high. The reason I asked about the different modes is because of the rapidity of the mode changes. The first time you went active track-joystick-atti mode back to p-gps in about 7 seconds.  One other question. What were your low battery selections? Did you have it set to land or RTH? And at what percentages?  It seems the most popular setting is 30% to notify of low battery and 10 % to land in place. Also, did you pull the video off of the SD card? just curious if that would tell more of the story.
2017-5-21
Use props
fans62c763c9
lvl.2

Hong Kong

PartsGuy Posted at 2017-5-21 16:28
One correction to my statement. For the first half or so of the flight VPS was working. The latter part it wasn't because you were too high. The reason I asked about the different modes is because of the rapidity of the mode changes. The first time you went active track-joystick-atti mode back to p-gps in about 7 seconds.  One other question. What were your low battery selections? Did you have it set to land or RTH? And at what percentages?  It seems the most popular setting is 30% to notify of low battery and 10 % to land in place. Also, did you pull the video off of the SD card? just curious if that would tell more of the story.

Oh, because I had setup a very limited movement of my P-Mode for a smoother video capture purpose , so I will use atti mode to move point to point (define a capture path start and end), than change to P mode for capture.
My low battery alert setup to 30% , 10% is very low and RTH when the drone disconnected .
I am not capturing due to the fault happening.
Hope this can provide you a better picture, thank you for your questions ;)
2017-5-21
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hey,like Nigel mentioned, please sync the DJI GO flight record  and then send this drone in ,  should you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us at any time, we're glad to help.http://www.dji.com/support  

2017-5-21
Use props
fans62c763c9
lvl.2

Hong Kong

DJI-Thor Posted at 2017-5-21 19:48
Hey,like Nigel mentioned, please sync the DJI GO flight record  and then send this drone in ,  should you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us at any time, we're glad to help.http://www.dji.com/support

Will do, already sent an email and waiting for reply, hopefully can find out the root cause asap, thank you for your attention
2017-5-21
Use props
Nigel_
lvl.4
United Kingdom

fans62c763c9 Posted at 2017-5-21 23:36
Will do, already sent an email and waiting for reply, hopefully can find out the root cause asap, thank you for your attention

Let us know the result please.

Normally when they fall in the sea they are lost forever so we don't see cases like yours!  Also when P4s fall out of the sky like this it is normally on their first flight, or in the first week, it is very unusual for one with 100s of flights to fail in this way.

2017-5-22
Use props
fans62c763c9
lvl.2

Hong Kong

Nigel_ Posted at 2017-5-22 00:01
Let us know the result please.

Normally when they fall in the sea they are lost forever so we don't see cases like yours!  Also when P4s fall out of the sky like this it is normally on their first flight, or in the first week, it is very unusual for one with 100s of flights to fail in this way.

Oh dear, I made my 200 times not only by this P4, but this unit have more than 50 in record. I never seen this horrible things happen... I will keep your guys updated, now the Dji support asking me to upload my phones record to the cloud, I replied and mentioned hopefully they can start creating a case and let me send my drone for further analysis, I loss all my videos and my SD card... I don't know if the card can be read again or not since it get suck into my Phantom...
2017-5-22
Use props
Nigel_
lvl.4
United Kingdom

fans62c763c9 Posted at 2017-5-22 02:08
Oh dear, I made my 200 times not only by this P4, but this unit have more than 50 in record. I never seen this horrible things happen... I will keep your guys updated, now the Dji support asking me to upload my phones record to the cloud, I replied and mentioned hopefully they can start creating a case and let me send my drone for further analysis, I loss all my videos and my SD card... I don't know if the card can be read again or not since it get suck into my Phantom...

I would get some pliers and pull the card out by force.  If you send it to DJI then I guess you will not see it again!

The card will probably be readable if you get it out, they don't mind sea water, although the last video file may be corrupt.
2017-5-22
Use props
fans62c763c9
lvl.2

Hong Kong

Nigel_ Posted at 2017-5-22 02:28
I would get some pliers and pull the card out by force.  If you send it to DJI then I guess you will not see it again!

The card will probably be readable if you get it out, they don't mind sea water, although the last video file may be corrupt.

Omg!! I was wondering to let them help... thank you very very much for your remind!! Btw the contact is just a very little but the only way is "Pull" right? I didn't try too hard since I am afraid to break it, i will try a little bit later and let u know the result, thanks again in advance ;)
2017-5-22
Use props
fans62c763c9
lvl.2

Hong Kong

Nigel_ Posted at 2017-5-22 02:28

My card looks petty bad when I pull out... then I clean it with alcohol... all data read perfectly

But it doesn't come with the fells footage for sure since I didn't capture due to the battery is low, otherwise I will go a very special video in my life
IMG_8617.JPG
IMG_8619.JPG
2017-5-22
Use props
Nigel_
lvl.4
United Kingdom

fans62c763c9 Posted at 2017-5-22 08:13
My card looks petty bad when I pull out... then I clean it with alcohol... all data read perfectly

But it doesn't come with the fells footage for sure since I didn't capture due to the battery is low, otherwise I will go a very special video in my life

Disappointing, I was hoping for some underwater video

It would have been interesting to see how long it lasted underwater, probably wouldn't have reached the bottom.
2017-5-22
Use props
fans62c763c9
lvl.2

Hong Kong

Nigel_ Posted at 2017-5-22 08:21
Disappointing, I was hoping for some underwater video

It would have been interesting to see how long it lasted underwater, probably wouldn't have reached the bottom.

Oh yea, and mine one will be extremely special, because more of the diving video flapping around, and I see my drone fells with 4 motors on top and dive in a straight line...
Btw, thank you again for saving my card ;)
2017-5-22
Use props
fans62c763c9
lvl.2

Hong Kong

Little Update:
"Please don't ship the drone back due to it fell into the water. We will not repair the drone into the water. We would love to provide a coupon after data analysis. "

Since they told me to upload my flight record for analysis, and I was mentioned the drone was disconnected before fall in to water and ask if I had to send unit back to further investigation. I am expected they won't collect enough information to state the incident...
Anyone or Djis can advise on this?
2017-5-22
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

fans62c763c9 Posted at 2017-5-22 21:00
Little Update:
"Please don't ship the drone back due to it fell into the water. We will not repair the drone into the water. We would love to provide a coupon after data analysis. "

I'm sorry for your loss. Just to clarify, how much of the flight did it get into (time wise) before it disconnected? It seems like it got a good amount of the flight. Syncing the flight logs and letting them evaluate it would still be the best course of action to have the incident evaluated. Just to make sure I'm on the same page, you were using the Go app when the incident occurred, correct?
2017-5-22
Use props
fans62c763c9
lvl.2

Hong Kong

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-5-22 21:23
I'm sorry for your loss. Just to clarify, how much of the flight did it get into (time wise) before it disconnected? It seems like it got a good amount of the flight. Syncing the flight logs and letting them evaluate it would still be the best course of action to have the incident evaluated. Just to make sure I'm on the same page, you were using the Go app when the incident occurred, correct?

Thank you for your attention, it's a full charged battery and the disconnection happen after 16mins flight with 29% left.
Yes i am using Dji Go for flight and my last flight log have been uploaded to Dji Cloud under my account and I had post it on page 1, you can take a look with it.
As I said the behavior is very unusual and I really want Dji take a look with it... I mean my drone was disconnected and hover for few maybe 10 seconds, I was wondering there maybe some radio interruption etc so I waiting for reconnect and look at my drone,even my fd said how come it show disconnected by this distance, yes we are all looking to my drone, then it turns off it's motors... all surrounding peoples was screaming... then I take off my cloths and pant, dive for the body, and the people's I don't know they are taking pictures and videos I look like a fool... hopeful I won't get too famous on YouTube or Facebook...
2017-5-22
Use props
fans62c763c9
lvl.2

Hong Kong

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-5-22 21:23

For the moment it drops is very straight... not propellers louse or anything, not landing... it is all motors turn off suddenly durning a hover...
2017-5-22
Use props
Nigel_
lvl.4
United Kingdom

fans62c763c9 Posted at 2017-5-22 21:00
Little Update:

Maybe they have already found the problem and do not need the log files from in the aircraft?
2017-5-22
Use props
fans62c763c9
lvl.2

Hong Kong

Nigel_ Posted at 2017-5-22 23:36
Maybe they have already found the problem and do not need the log files from in the aircraft?

"Once we have confirmed that you have synced your flight records, it will take 3 or 5 business days for us to conduct data analysis."

Quote this this words from Dji earlier, seems it's not yet to start the investigation....fingercross...
2017-5-23
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

fans62c763c9 Posted at 2017-5-23 00:24
"Once we have confirmed that you have synced your flight records, it will take 3 or 5 business days for us to conduct data analysis."

Quote this this words from Dji earlier, seems it's not yet to start the investigation....fingercross...

Most Support centers do not work on the weekends, so I could take a bit of time. I understand that the wait can be unnerving, but they will get back to you soon.
2017-5-23
Use props
fans62c763c9
lvl.2

Hong Kong

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-5-23 09:30
Most Support centers do not work on the weekends, so I could take a bit of time. I understand that the wait can be unnerving, but they will get back to you soon.

Oh,sorry for the confusion, I just mean I don't have conference on the positive feedback on my case by my local flight record. I will keep this post updated once I have feedback by Dji, cheers
2017-5-23
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

fans62c763c9 Posted at 2017-5-23 18:51
Oh,sorry for the confusion, I just mean I don't have conference on the positive feedback on my case by my local flight record. I will keep this post updated once I have feedback by Dji, cheers

Ah, I see. Thanks for clarifying.
2017-5-23
Use props
fans62c763c9
lvl.2

Hong Kong

"Since the drone has dropped into the water, i am afraid the center board include the data chip are not usable anymore and we could only conduct the issue by your flight record.
Kindly note we have submitted your flight record to our data analysis team and it normally will take 3-5 business to confirm the responsibility and after that, our data notification team will inform the verdict by email."

Oh ... not a good sign...
2017-5-24
Use props
fans62c763c9
lvl.2

Hong Kong

"For your claimed case CAS-660415-C4F8K5, we have already finished the analysis, and the result is as follows:

1.The aircraft was controlled by pilot in GPS mode;
2.Pilot was pushing 100% pitch stick forward.T=16:14,h=17m,d=24.3m,flight record interrupt. Return Height:100m.

With the record ended without any sign of abnormality, we could not verify what happened afterwards. "

Um... this is the latest reply and they offer a discount to me to buy another craft...
This is absolutely not I can accepted... I take myself in risk to take the body back but they don't even look at it...
Anyone / Dji can help here? Can you advise them team to analyze the record on my drone and really refunding me the real cost what I loss?
2017-5-27
Use props
fans62c763c9
lvl.2

Hong Kong

DJI-Thor Posted at 2017-5-21 19:48

May I ask if anyone can advise them to check on my drone record? Seems they don't find any abnormal on my Dji Go app and just offering a discount for a craft item....
But my case is seriously danger and the offer and not cover what I lost... any my drone is still activated under a year...
2017-5-27
Use props
fans62c763c9
lvl.2

Hong Kong

Nigel_ Posted at 2017-5-22 23:36

Hi Nigel, please have my latest update... they don't found any abnormal in my app and offering a discount for a craft item... I rejected the offer and request again and again Dji to look at my drone and refund to all my lost...
Me and my friends(watch the incident happen) suggest me to disclose this case to media to let Dji really look at the problem...  I am still waiting for a positive reply from Dji...
2017-5-27
Use props
Nigel_
lvl.4
United Kingdom

fans62c763c9 Posted at 2017-5-27 15:59
Hi Nigel, please have my latest update... they don't found any abnormal in my app and offering a discount for a craft item... I rejected the offer and request again and again Dji to look at my drone and refund to all my lost...
Me and my friends(watch the incident happen) suggest me to disclose this case to media to let Dji really look at the problem...  I am still waiting for a positive reply from Dji...

It seems very odd that they wouldn't even look at the aircraft logs when they are available!

I've noticed that you have moved from USA to Hong Kong during this thread, maybe they have a different policy in Hong Kong?

If they wont look at them then I guess it is possible for you to extract the memory card with the logs on yourself, not sure how readable they are straight off the card though...
2017-5-29
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules