Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Gimbal Obstruction Problem
3446 5 2017-5-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans404de438
lvl.1
Canada

Hello,

I am receiving an error that there is a "gimbal obstruction" and the camera seems to be freaking out when i first power on my drone. I've never crashed the drone, never hit anything so this is most certainly a hardware problem.

DJI, I've seen this issue in many other cases and will require a solution, what are my next steps in YOU fixing this problem?

Other cases - http://mavicpilots.com/threads/gimbal-malfunction-no-crash.12245/

2017-5-21
Use props
fans404de438
lvl.1
Canada

Still awaiting a response from DJI?
2017-5-22
Use props
fans404de438
lvl.1
Canada

Quick update. Spoke with DJI, did all the trouble shooting and drone has to be sent in. I will update everyone here on what the outcome is and what DJI will do to remedy this hardware/software issue. Thanks,
2017-5-24
Use props
Soulhawk
lvl.1
United States

ugh i was hoping i wouldn't see a post like this again. I had this problem back in mid December and just assumed if was a firmware issue. Since i live in New England i put the drone away for hibernation in a case hoping that by the time the weather warmed up again and a couple of firmware updates later this would be resolved. Looks like i better take it out of hibernation , do all the necessary firmware updates and test it out.
2017-5-24
Use props
fans404de438
lvl.1
Canada

Ya, I'd suggest going through all of the troubleshooting and if that fails, get it to DJI
2017-5-24
Use props
I am the E
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

fans404de438 Posted at 2017-5-24 15:30
Ya, I'd suggest going through all of the troubleshooting and if that fails, get it to DJI

If you did NOT send it yet, try the following.

With the AC off, hold the gimbal firmly between two fingers, move the gimbal GENTLY to both extreme ends but do not force it beyond each point.

Then turn the AC on and do an AUTO gimbal calibration. You might need to do it several times so be patient. Let me know! Good Luck!
2017-5-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules