IMU calibration issue
2720 7 2017-5-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans4519b93d
lvl.1

South Africa

Experiencing IMU calibration issue on start up after a change of battery or a restart...will not let me start the drone and continualy states "IMU calibrating, please wait until calibration is complete". However, it never gets complete....I am not experiencing the issue on a fresh start up. Please assist in resolving the issue.
2017-5-21
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Four hours and nobody has responded to your thread.

Your post is confusing.  It sounds like you're doing an IMU calibration in the field?  That's unusual.  

At any rate, sounds like the system crashed.  So I'd turn it off, wait a few secs, turn it back on and watch that it boots correctly.  Then turn it off.  Go home.  Go to a desktop to do your IMU calibration.  Be sure Phantom is perfectly level before you start.  See your manual for more details.  
2017-5-21
Use props
pasaytenpete
lvl.3
Flight distance : 47346 ft
United States

IMU calibration should be on a flat level surface free of vibration.  Even free from vibration of walking around.  It should best be done on a cool drone and battery and immediately after turning power on.  And read the manual as the above poster mentioned.  :-)
2017-5-21
Use props
fansabcea982
lvl.1
Brazil

I have same problem..
2017-5-22
Use props
fansabcea982
lvl.1
Brazil

I have same issue, stop here in never go

2017-5-22
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Just to make sure I'm on the same page, you did not initiate the IMU calibration process, correct? Did you notice this happening after a firmware update, app update, or a hard landing? What mobile device, firmware and app version are you running?
2017-5-22
Use props
charlesP4P
lvl.2
Flight distance : 130230 ft
United Kingdom

Sorry to be negative. but my first Phantom 4 Pro showed IMU errors straight out of the box. It would fly, but continuously said IMU calibration was needed However the calibration procedure always got stuck on screen 1 and the settings menu reported "data error" against ACC0.  I tried all firmware versions. After this I got total IMU cal failure and it refused to fly at all. on day 2 out of the box....
2017-5-22
Use props
charlesP4P
lvl.2
Flight distance : 130230 ft
United Kingdom

charlesP4P Posted at 2017-5-22 22:27
Sorry to be negative. but my first Phantom 4 Pro showed IMU errors straight out of the box. It would fly, but continuously said IMU calibration was needed However the calibration procedure always got stuck on screen 1 and the settings menu reported "data error" against ACC0.  I tried all firmware versions. After this I got total IMU cal failure and it refused to fly at all. on day 2 out of the box....

Meant to add............  Luckily I paid a bit more to get it from a good retailer (Jessops in the UK) and within 2 working days they had swapped it for a brand new unit which is 100% OK so far
2017-5-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules