Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Aperture changement
857 6 2017-5-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Xavier1984
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1579088 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

Hi,

what is your advice / solution to change quickly the aperture with the remote control ? With custom button, tactile / touch action ?

In effet, i mainly fix ISO to 100, fix the shutter speed to 2x FPS, use ND filter, so by the way the only setting that i have is the aperture to adjust the exposition viewing in realtime the histogram.

Thanks,
Xavier
2017-5-21
Use props
Arwon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 226404 ft
Australia

I personally use the RHS wheel. However this can sometime (most imes) change the brightness in your video if filming and is hard for me to correct.  I now try to start slightly under exposed with a higher f- number then touch up in post
2017-5-21
Use props
Xavier1984
lvl.4
  • >>>
Switzerland

Yes, the goal is to search the best method during filming. For still photography, all parameters are set manually and i can take the time to choose the best setup.

During filming, for sure the exposition will change but it will change only when i want (between 2 scenes) so it is not a issue (i must avoid a randomly change of exposition due to automatic parameters).

Generally speaking is it better with this sensor to underexpose or to overexpose when recording ?

Thank you :-)
2017-5-21
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Xavier1984 Posted at 2017-5-21 22:10
Yes, the goal is to search the best method during filming. For still photography, all parameters are set manually and i can take the time to choose the best setup.

During filming, for sure the exposition will change but it will change only when i want (between 2 scenes) so it is not a issue (i must avoid a randomly change of exposition due to automatic parameters).

'Generally speaking is it better with this sensor to underexpose or to overexpose when recording ?'

Neither. Use the histogram to expose it correctly, which is to the right without pushing it into the right side, and you should be fine.
2017-5-21
Use props
Xavier1984
lvl.4
  • >>>
Switzerland

Okay so by the way it's "exposed on the right" so a little bit overexposed (not satured). It's a common way in exposition strategy to avoid noise in shadow and it's easy to recovery in highlight.
Thanks !
2017-5-21
Use props
theGrindLab.com
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1375846 ft
  • >>>
United States

Xavier1984 Posted at 2017-5-21 22:10

Slight under exposure is better, as you can always adjust brightness/contrast/levels in post to get the look you want. There is nothing in post you can do about overexposure though. If highlights are blown out, you cannot get them back. You can clean up a bit of noise due to underexposure though. Keep in mind, use of the histogram (as Geebax) mentioned will help you find the sweet spot. If you can't get it perfect, go for a slight underexposure.
2017-5-22
Use props
Xavier1984
lvl.4
  • >>>
Switzerland

Hum, are you sure ?
Generally it's easy to recover highlight than shadow (noise). I mean slightly overexpose / underexpose but in any case "full black or full white"
The ETTR (Expose To The Right) method seems to be very used.
2017-5-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules