1005 3 2017-5-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
user45062be949
New
Flight distance : 60512 ft
Sweden

Hi,

I crashed my Phantom 4 from about 3-4 metres.
A prop broke and has been replaced, but other than that it both looks fine and have no problems flying..
The gimbal however is acting very wierd. When I tilt the aircraft, the gimbal both rolls and tilts the camera, same behaviour when I roll.
Also the yaw is very unstable and seems to have problems stabilizing, the slightest yaw movement makes it shake back an forth.
There is no stabilizing problems on the roll and tilt, just that the movement is not correct.

I have tried calibrating the gimbal but it doesn't help.
I have also checked for obstructions but I can see or feel any, if feels perfectly smooth to manually move the gimbal between the mechanical stops(While turned off)

Do I have to buy a new gimbal or is there some other calibration or reset I can try? Any suggestions?

All help/suggestions is greatly appreciated!

//Markus

2017-5-21
Use props
Tmygun
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2972497 ft
  • >>>
United States

You should do a complete IMU and compass recalibration and then see if you can duplicate the behavior.

If the gimbal/camera does the same thing it might be damaged enough to cause a problem but might not be visible to the naked eye, but enough to throw the balance off...you might need to send it into DJI for repairs.

Good Luck.
2017-5-21
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Markus, sorry to hear about the crash, we would suggest you send it in, get it evaluated and repaired by our engineers.
You could submit a case here: https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/Area
2017-5-22
Use props
Mike_97
lvl.1
Flight distance : 210715 ft
United States

I've had an 'incident' where my P4P ran into an overhead power cable. Grrr.
Watch here:

Now the camera wiggles (probably an out-of-balance gimbal) and I wonder if I can get gimbal parts to replace to replace them myself ?

If not, how much can I expect to pay for DJI service to repair my drone, and how long will it take?  (The DJI Repair website doesn't give a clue about that. )
2017-6-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules