Crack on frame P4P
1000 5 2017-5-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kingdaddy413
lvl.1

United States

I just noticed a crack on the frame of my less than month old P4P. Ive never flown hard. No hard landings. No crash. Ive always babied it. Any suggestions on what I should do?
20170520_230422.jpg
20170520_230356.jpg
2017-5-21
Use props
Kingdaddy413
lvl.1

United States

Also I forgot to mention. 2 other arms have very small cracks apearing. Not as big as the crack in the picture, but nonetheless there.
2017-5-21
Use props
Mr Pete
lvl.2
Flight distance : 404219 ft
United Kingdom

I would take this back to where you purchased it and exchange for a new one. You could send it back to DJI but they often replace with a refurbished unit, contact them and see if they can give you assurance it will be a new one.
2017-5-22
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Sorry for the cracks, may I know you've contacted our tech support to report it and got a case number to send it in?
If no, you can submit a case number online: https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/Area
We'll evaluate it after it arrives and take care of it for you.
2017-5-22
Use props
Kingdaddy413
lvl.1

United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-5-22 01:38
Sorry for the cracks, may I know you've contacted our tech support to report it and got a case number to send it in?
If no, you can submit a case number online: https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/Area
We'll evaluate it after it arrives and take care of it for you.

I have contacted dji chat and best case senario is a warranty repair. I asked nicely, begged for a exchange/ replacement new unit, as I feel I deserve it. The unit is less than 3 weeks old. I have babied it. No hard landings. No rough flying. Especially no crash. I havent even flown in sports mode. I never fly in windy conditions. It always goes into the supplied case it came with. I dont understand how I can get these cracks, when ive been so careful with it trying to avoid the very thing that ended uo happening anyways. I dont feel comfortable sending in for repair so a new shell can be put on, if excessive vibration is causing this thsn the new shell will just get cracks too. I dont feel comfortable sending it in to recieve a refurbished unit that might of previously been in a crash and now has weaker components that are just waiting to show uo 2 hours in. I spend alot of good hard money on this to recieve these things. Its less than 3 weeks old! My P4 has 45 hours with zero cracks, my Mavic has almost 30 hours with zero cracks, my inspire has 25 hours with zero cracks. I dont know. Im losing faith
2017-5-22
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Kingdaddy413 Posted at 2017-5-22 22:47
I have contacted dji chat and best case senario is a warranty repair. I asked nicely, begged for a exchange/ replacement new unit, as I feel I deserve it. The unit is less than 3 weeks old. I have babied it. No hard landings. No rough flying. Especially no crash. I havent even flown in sports mode. I never fly in windy conditions. It always goes into the supplied case it came with. I dont understand how I can get these cracks, when ive been so careful with it trying to avoid the very thing that ended uo happening anyways. I dont feel comfortable sending in for repair so a new shell can be put on, if excessive vibration is causing this thsn the new shell will just get cracks too. I dont feel comfortable sending it in to recieve a refurbished unit that might of previously been in a crash and now has weaker components that are just waiting to show uo 2 hours in. I spend alot of good hard money on this to recieve these things. Its less than 3 weeks old! My P4 has 45 hours with zero cracks, my Mavic has almost 30 hours with zero cracks, my inspire has 25 hours with zero cracks. I dont know. Im losing faith

I totally understand how you feel, sorry for the cracks on your phantom 4 Pro.
Since you have owned it for about 3 weeks, it is out of the replacement service period, we're not able to help you get it replaced, sincerely sorry for the inconvenience caused.
If you're willing to send it in, we'll help you handle it soon.
R.png
2017-5-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules