Received a used drone after i sended it for repair
3534 24 2017-5-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans46af8ca6
lvl.1
Netherlands

20 days ago i sent my mavic for repair because it would not update its firmware, a couple of days ago i tought i received my drone back but i was not my drone it was a diffrent drone. when i opened the box i first saw i broken gimbal cover part when removing the grey thing on the gimbal cover i saw so many scratches on the gimbal cover. the drone was also very dirty and there were a couple of damaged spots on the drone. My drone which i sended to dji was as new i almost never flew with it and now have a used drone.
I also decoded the serial numbers but i cant say its correct.

My which i bought is manufactured: 17 februari 2017
The drone which i received is manufactured: 11 november 2016

Can it be possible that i just received a used drone from someone else because in november dji did not had any drones in stock?
Now i contacted the support many times and it does not seem the take the problem serious the answer is send the drone agian back for repair.
i dont really have the time to wait 30 more days why cant dji just send me my old drone or a new drone?

And its also totally nonsense that i receive a used drone. when i bring my new car to the garage without rust spots i also dont get a other used car back with rust spots?

2017-5-22
Use props
fans0722afc3
New

United States

In the fine print it says they can send you a used or reconditioned one. Had I realized this, I definitely would NOT have paid $100 for THAT privilege.
2017-5-22
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Could you please provide me your case number so I can look into it?
2017-5-22
Use props
fans46af8ca6
lvl.1
Netherlands

fans0722afc3 Posted at 2017-5-22 03:32
In the fine print it says they can send you a used or reconditioned one. Had I realized this, I definitely would NOT have paid $100 for THAT privilege.

But it was a software fault if the drone would be broken because i flew it into a tree for example i would understand but a software fault is that not just warranty?
2017-5-22
Use props
fans46af8ca6
lvl.1
Netherlands

DJI-Thor Posted at 2017-5-22 03:33
Could you please provide me your case number so I can look into it?

The case number is 547840 at zendesk
2017-5-22
Use props
fans42b101d8
lvl.1
Flight distance : 161519 ft
United States

Feel luck you even received a drone back. I am on day 40 and still no drone shipped. I paid full price for a replacement (new) drone and after I paid I was told it would ship within 48 hours. It then went into the "repair" status. This company has the worst customer care ever. It's now 11 days after I paid without any shipping. Better off to buy a new drone and sell off what you don't need. Horrible "repair" facility!! Good luck getting anywhere on your case.
2017-5-22
Use props
Woodwanger
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I can guess how you feel, I have now got to return my Mavic and RC because Ive had problems getting it to connect ever since I received it from DJI, I have been putting off having to send it back hoping a firmware update would resolve it but it has not, DJI have just told me its a hardware issue now,
I have care refresh but I don't see why I should it as it was faulty when shipped to me, I hope they send me a brand new replacement what I paid for not something second hand!
2017-5-22
Use props
Idssie
lvl.1
Netherlands

The communcation of the support is also perfect, not. I just received a RMA pickup but i dont now for what? are they gonna fix the damaged spots and replace the gimbal cover?
I did not heard something like, apologies that we gave u a second hand drone we will immidately send u a new mavic and when the postman delivers the drone we pick up the used drone.
No i just receive a random mail with pickup RMA information 9 hours after i had contact.

2017-5-22
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator

fans46af8ca6 Posted at 2017-5-22 04:01
The case number is 547840 at zendesk

Just checked your previous case , we provided you a replacement under warranty.   As for the replacement , we can not guarantee a brand new product, but it will be in good working order and at least functionally equivalent to the original one. For details, please visit: http://www.dji.com/service/policy  .  Please check whether it works fine,  should you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.
换机.png
2017-5-22
Use props
Yraegel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1411811 ft
United States

DJI-Thor Posted at 2017-5-22 18:51
Just checked your previous case , we provided you a replacement under warranty.   As for the replacement , we can not guarantee a brand new product, but it will be in good working order and at least functionally equivalent to the original one. For details, please visit: http://www.dji.com/service/policy  .  Please check whether it works fine,  should you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.

My drone is on the way to replace an arm. Is it possible to cancel the repair and get the drone I sent in returned? I would prefer that to one that functions but is physically scarred or damaged.
2017-5-22
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator

fans42b101d8 Posted at 2017-5-22 09:16
Feel luck you even received a drone back. I am on day 40 and still no drone shipped. I paid full price for a replacement (new) drone and after I paid I was told it would ship within 48 hours. It then went into the "repair" status. This company has the worst customer care ever. It's now 11 days after I paid without any shipping. Better off to buy a new drone and sell off what you don't need. Horrible "repair" facility!! Good luck getting anywhere on your case.

So sorry for the delay , I've replied your thread, please check it.
2017-5-22
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator

Yraegel Posted at 2017-5-22 18:55
My drone is on the way to replace an arm. Is it possible to cancel the repair and get the drone I sent in returned? I would prefer that to one that functions but is physically scarred or damaged.

Could you please provide me your case number so we can look into it?
2017-5-22
Use props
Idssie
lvl.1
Netherlands

DJI-Thor Posted at 2017-5-22 18:51

If i knew this i would never sended my drone for repair. My drone was in perfect shape without any damages. i received a drone full with damages scratches on the gimbal cover and a broken piece of plastic in the box. This service is unbelieveable i paid more then 1400 euro's for everything with dji care. i could also just buy a second hand drone immidately. The service of dji is awfull compared to other companies. and i only receive a at least functionally equivalent to the orginal so dji can send everyone drones that are used for months with damages all over the drone.
If i would bring a car back to the garage for repair in the warranty period, i dont receive a car back with scratches all over the car
If i would bring a camera back for repair in the warranty period , i dont receive a camera back with rust spots because it was damaged by salt water.
If i would bring a tv back for repair in the warranty period, i dont receive a tv with spots and scratches on the screen

I would suggest everyone, dont send your drone for repair to DJI if u have software faults there is a change that u will receive a secondhand drone.

My drone which i send to dji was in perfect shape i was so carefull with it, the drone which i received back from repair was in awfull shape with damages everywhere.
2017-5-23
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator

Idssie Posted at 2017-5-23 00:02
If i knew this i would never sended my drone for repair. My drone was in perfect shape without any damages. i received a drone full with damages scratches on the gimbal cover and a broken piece of plastic in the box. This service is unbelieveable i paid more then 1400 euro's for everything with dji care. i could also just buy a second hand drone immidately. The service of dji is awfull compared to other companies. and i only receive a at least functionally equivalent to the orginal so dji can send everyone drones that are used for months with damages all over the drone.
If i would bring a car back to the garage for repair in the warranty period, i dont receive a car back with scratches all over the car
If i would bring a camera back for repair in the warranty period , i dont receive a camera back with rust spots because it was damaged by salt water.

I sympathize with your disappointment, I’ve reported your case to the management to see what we can do to make your experience with us better, we will have someone to contact you soon. Thank you for your patience.
2017-5-23
Use props
Safari
lvl.4
Flight distance : 67703 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

Idssie Posted at 2017-5-23 00:02

This is why i prefer to buy this kind of products through an official reseller in my country. I got 2 years of warranty on my mavic. If something goes wrong i can just bring it back in person. Also i didn't trust the care refresh as i knew i would mostly get a refurbished product in case i send my drone in. I definitely prefer to deal directly with my trusted shops.
2017-5-23
Use props
Yraegel
lvl.4
United States

DJI-Thor Posted at 2017-5-22 21:41

CAS-643906-K4R7X5
It should be arriving today. I am happy to repair it myself. I apologize for not understanding that it would be replaced with a refurbished drone.Then again, a refurbished product really should be "like new". If you are able to get it simply returned, that would be great.
2017-5-23
Use props
Idssie
lvl.1
Netherlands

Safari Posted at 2017-5-23 02:16
This is why i prefer to buy this kind of products through an official reseller in my country. I got 2 years of warranty on my mavic. If something goes wrong i can just bring it back in person. Also i didn't trust the care refresh as i knew i would mostly get a refurbished product in case i send my drone in. I definitely prefer to deal directly with my trusted shops.

That's not true i bought it at an official reseller and they could not help me they told me to contact the DJI support.
I Bought it at mediamarkt its one of the biggest resellers in nothern europe i think.

2017-5-23
Use props
Idssie
lvl.1
Netherlands

Yraegel Posted at 2017-5-23 04:54
CAS-643906-K4R7X5
It should be arriving today. I am happy to repair it myself. I apologize for not understanding that it would be replaced with a refurbished drone.Then again, a refurbished product really should be "like new". If you are able to get it simply returned, that would be great.

In The Netherlands its allowed to send refurbished drones back to the customers when the product cant be repaired, but when there are damages or any small scratches its not allowed to send it as a replacement. but official rules are not important for dji i think. I would look into it if its allowed in the US

The drone i received was full of damages

2017-5-23
Use props
Yraegel
lvl.4
United States

DJI-Thor Posted at 2017-5-22 21:41

I chatted with Support and they said they would repair the drone if reparable and  return. I only have leg damage so it should be fine. Thanks Thor.
2017-5-23
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator

Yraegel Posted at 2017-5-23 15:11
I chatted with Support and they said they would repair the drone if reparable and  return. I only have leg damage so it should be fine. Thanks Thor.

Hi Yraegel, I’ve asked our appropriate team to look into your case soon, we will keep you updated.
2017-5-23
Use props
Yraegel
lvl.4
United States

DJI-Thor Posted at 2017-5-23 23:53
Hi Yraegel, I’ve asked our appropriate team to look into your case soon, we will keep you updated.

I missed a phone call from a tech support supervisor. Apparently it's not a "repair center". They analyze the drones to determine charges then ship out a refurbished drone. Everyone explains how they're flight tested and fully functional but no one ever mentions cosmetic damage, scratches, scars, etc. that do not affect operation. I will be recording when I get and open the box. Not sure what to expect at this point.
2017-5-24
Use props
MickRennie
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I have had a similar scenario with DJI myself, I sent my drone back due to a gimbal fault, the drone was immaculate and still looked brand new (It was a couple of months old). DJI sent me a refurbished drone with obvious markings where somebody had tried to prize off one of the arms, or it had been repaired badly. I have complained but the support team have chosen to ignore my mails now so I am seeking legal advice through the British trading standards.

If I'd wanted a second hand drone I would have purchased a second hand drone
2017-5-25
Use props
Idssie
lvl.1
Netherlands

@DJI-Thor why do we all get second hand drones?
2017-5-26
Use props
fans3539173e
New
United States

I sent my drone in to repair the camera focus with isn't working in both manual and auto.

Wow!  After reading all the comment of getting back a piece of crap from DJI's repair facility, I don't know what I would do.  Let's say I would be extremely angry  if my new Mavic Platinum Pro (purchased May 30th 2018, with less than 30 minute total flight time was returned to me used.  Don't take my drone experience away from me.  Let's hope DJI does not rub me the wrong way because I am not the one to be played with.
2018-7-31
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

fans3539173e Posted at 2018-7-31 07:49
I sent my drone in to repair the camera focus with isn't working in both manual and auto.

Wow!  After reading all the comment of getting back a piece of crap from DJI's repair facility, I don't know what I would do.  Let's say I would be extremely angry  if my new Mavic Platinum Pro (purchased May 30th 2018, with less than 30 minute total flight time was returned to me used.  Don't take my drone experience away from me.  Let's hope DJI does not rub me the wrong way because I am not the one to be played with.

Hi there, sorry for the troubles with the camera focus, no worries, our repair center will take care of your drone when it arrives, if there is any problem, please let us know without hesitation.
2018-7-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules