Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
A Question about Video Filenames and Management.
1654 4 2017-5-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jamesw
lvl.3
Flight distance : 169364 ft
Canada

I'm noticing that a lot of my files have the same name. I'm concerned that when I offload my MicroSD to my external HD I'm going to overwrite the old files. Whenever I offload a batch of new files, I put them into a new folder with date range they were recorded ( Folder name: 5/18/2017 - 5/21/2017 ) This prevent overwrites.
I have a couple questions:

Does anyone know how to change how Mavic names the files so it doesn't create names that have already been created?

What is the best workflow for offloading files? Copying vs. moving files?

What do you recommend for naming folders and folder structure?

Thanks in advance!
2017-5-22
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

In the DJI GO 4 app under camera settings, you can change the file naming to be continuous. That way every video or picture will never have the same file name.
It is always good practice to copy the files from the SD card to your computer then when you put the SD card back into the Mavic, the next time you turn everything on, you can use the DJI GO 4 app to format the card.
The naming of folders and the folder structure is really a personal preference. There is no right or wrong way with this. Just use the format that makes sense to you and makes it easier for you to find your files.
2017-5-22
Use props
jamesw
lvl.3
Flight distance : 169364 ft
United States

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-5-22 22:34
In the DJI GO 4 app under camera settings, you can change the file naming to be continuous. That way every video or picture will never have the same file name.
It is always good practice to copy the files from the SD card to your computer then when you put the SD card back into the Mavic, the next time you turn everything on, you can use the DJI GO 4 app to format the card.
The naming of folders and the folder structure is really a personal preference. There is no right or wrong way with this. Just use the format that makes sense to you and makes it easier for you to find your files.

I've been transferring the SD card straight to an external drive and skipping my laptop HD. Is this okay? I'm concerned that I could corrupt my files by going straight to the external or it may take just take longer.

Then again maybe transferring the files twice may create more opportunities to corrupt the files.
2017-5-23
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

jamesw Posted at 2017-5-23 11:00
I've been transferring the SD card straight to an external drive and skipping my laptop HD. Is this okay? I'm concerned that I could corrupt my files by going straight to the external or it may take just take longer.

Then again maybe transferring the files twice may create more opportunities to corrupt the files.

There is no problem transferring to an external drive and the chances of corrupting the files in the transfer are quite low. However, it is a good idea to copy files rather than move them.
2017-5-23
Use props
ToshoYankov
lvl.1
Flight distance : 144370 ft
Bulgaria

I have very similar question.
I have Mavic 2 Zoom, Spark and Osmo Acrion. All of them have naming DJI_XXXXX. This is not very useful, when you store all the files on your computer. Is there any option to change the prefix. For example pictures from Spark to be SPRK_XXX, from Mavic - MVC_XXXX and from Osmo action - OSM_XXX ?
2019-5-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules