Is Mavic Care/Replace worth it?
2832 12 2017-5-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Oregonizm
lvl.1
Flight distance : 265154 ft
United States

Several weeks ago I sent my damaged drone to DJI for repair or replacement.  It was a minor problem with the gimbal that was damaged in a very slow speed, low altitude mishap.  My Care/Replace case was accepted, my drone was accepted by DJI and damage was assessed.  I was sent an invoice for $79 and it was noted that the invoice was for replacement.  Before I approved and paid the replacement invoice, I asked for the price quote for repairs as per our DJI Care/Refresh policy and then I could decide whether to utilize one of my two replacements or pay for the repairs myself.  I was told that the repair estimate would be emailed shortly.  After waiting three or four days for the repair estimate I decided that the only way that I was going to see my drone in time for my upcoming vacation was to authorize and pay for the replacement, which I did.  My case started moving forward again ... payment was received, replacement was authorized and my replacement drone was being prepared for shipment.  The website said that it would take "one day for shipping confirmation and to wait patiently".  I have been waiting patiently ever since but my patience has now grown thin.  That was a week ago, my replacement has not shipped and my Lake Shasta trip starts tomorrow ... and I still have not been notified of the cost to repair even though it's a mute point now.

So you decide for yourselves ... is DJI Care/Refresh worth it?  Do you really get preferential treatment?  Do you really get timely results?  Does DJI live up to their side of the terms of the policy?  NOT IN MY EXPERIENCE!  

Case number:   CAS-627764-P1X6F2
2017-5-22
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Oregonizm, thanks for bringing this to our attention, we do understand how frustrating it must be. Sincerely sorry that you did not receive the quotation for repair because of the lack of communication.
Apologize for the delay in shipment process, we've forwarded your concern to the local management, and asked them to look into it and contact you for a detailed explanation soon.
We cannot guarantee it will be delivered before you leaving for trip, while we'll try our best to see what we can do for you, thanks you very much for your patience and support!
2017-5-22
Use props
Oregonizm
lvl.1
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-5-22 20:30
Oregonizm, thanks for bringing this to our attention, we do understand how frustrating it must be. Sincerely sorry that you did not receive the quotation for repair because of the lack of communication.
Apologize for the delay in shipment process, we've forwarded your concern to the local management, and asked them to look into it and contact you for a detailed explanation soon.
We cannot guarantee it will be delivered before you leaving for trip, while we'll try our best to see what we can do for you, thanks you very much for your patience and support!

Thanks for your assistance.  I did receive a phone call today but it was nothing that I wanted to hear.  I was told that due to DJI relocating their facility, there is a super large bottleneck in the shipping department.  There is no estimate for how long it may be before shipping my replacement but that I will receive an email when it does ship.  I have read many similar stories here in the forum.  Natalia, does your company realize what this costing them in regards to customer retention and referrals?  SOMETHING MORE THAN LIP SERVICE NEEDS TO BE DONE!  Customers that are extremely happy with the product are leaving ... we're ordering drones from your competition and selling our DJI products when they finally do get returned.  Customers that are extremely happy with the product are telling their friends, and anybody else that will listen, about their customer service horror story.  It  really wouldn't take that much ... an extension to their Care/Refresh policy, a Mavic backpack, a T-Shirt and letter of apology ... something more than lip service.  Rant over!
2017-5-23
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Oregonizm Posted at 2017-5-23 20:05
Thanks for your assistance.  I did receive a phone call today but it was nothing that I wanted to hear.  I was told that due to DJI relocating their facility, there is a super large bottleneck in the shipping department.  There is no estimate for how long it may be before shipping my replacement but that I will receive an email when it does ship.  I have read many similar stories here in the forum.  Natalia, does your company realize what this costing them in regards to customer retention and referrals?  SOMETHING MORE THAN LIP SERVICE NEEDS TO BE DONE!  Customers that are extremely happy with the product are leaving ... we're ordering drones from your competition and selling our DJI products when they finally do get returned.  Customers that are extremely happy with the product are telling their friends, and anybody else that will listen, about their customer service horror story.  It  really wouldn't take that much ... an extension to their Care/Refresh policy, a Mavic backpack, a T-Shirt and letter of apology ... something more than lip service.  Rant over!

Apologize for the inconvenience caused, we're aware of this situation and working very hard to speed up the process so you can get it back to fly soon.
I checked your case again, it's under process now, will get it addressed as soon as possible, thank you very much for your patience and support!
2017-5-24
Use props
Oregonizm
lvl.1
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-5-24 04:44
Apologize for the inconvenience caused, we're aware of this situation and working very hard to speed up the process so you can get it back to fly soon.
I checked your case again, it's under process now, will get it addressed as soon as possible, thank you very much for your patience and support!

I received an email last Saturday saying that my replacement aircraft has been shipped and was given the following UPS tracking number:  1ZE80E404248018317

As of today, Tuesday, UPS has no record of that tracking number.  More delays, it has now been a month.
2017-5-30
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Oregonizm Posted at 2017-5-30 11:14
I received an email last Saturday saying that my replacement aircraft has been shipped and was given the following UPS tracking number:  1ZE80E404248018317

As of today, Tuesday, UPS has no record of that tracking number.  More delays, it has now been a month.

Would you please track it again?
I checked the tracking number online, it has been updated already, hope you could receive it soon.
2017-5-31
Use props
Oregonizm
lvl.1
United States

I'm anxiously awaiting a UPS delivery truck this morning ... my replacement drone is out for delivery!  Still not happy that I had to use up one of my two Care/Refresh replacements for this but happy that I'll soon be flying again.  I have done some research on the problem that I was having and have discovered that it may have been a very simple fix that I MAY have been able to take care of myself.  I had a very slow speed and low altitude collision with a wall.  It resulted in a fall of about 5' for my Mavic.  Everything looked good and after replacing propellers I launched it again and the camera had a terrible shake.  I didn't see any obvious damage when I inspected the gimbal so I requested the shipping label and boxed it up for return/repair.  I have since found out that it is common for the gimbal to get knocked out of place and end up below one or two of the "drop protection plates" and when that happens it is a simple process of re-positioning the gimbal above the plate.  DJI has a video that explains the process and what to look for.  I hope this saves someone else from returning a perfectly good aircraft for this simple fix.
2017-6-2
Use props
jimmybbq
lvl.1
United States

Oregonizm Posted at 2017-6-2 08:46
I'm anxiously awaiting a UPS delivery truck this morning ... my replacement drone is out for delivery!  Still not happy that I had to use up one of my two Care/Refresh replacements for this but happy that I'll soon be flying again.  I have done some research on the problem that I was having and have discovered that it may have been a very simple fix that I MAY have been able to take care of myself.  I had a very slow speed and low altitude collision with a wall.  It resulted in a fall of about 5' for my Mavic.  Everything looked good and after replacing propellers I launched it again and the camera had a terrible shake.  I didn't see any obvious damage when I inspected the gimbal so I requested the shipping label and boxed it up for return/repair.  I have since found out that it is common for the gimbal to get knocked out of place and end up below one or two of the "drop protection plates" and when that happens it is a simple process of re-positioning the gimbal above the plate.  DJI has a video that explains the process and what to look for.  I hope this saves someone else from returning a perfectly good aircraft for this simple fix.

This very thing happened to me. I ended up getting jello-effect. Found a video online that said to check those tabs.. Mine was the back one, it was on top of the tab.. They charged you $79 for to put that back in????
2017-6-4
Use props
Jimmers
lvl.4
Flight distance : 49623 ft
United States

I have read nothing but nightmares when it comes to using the DJI Care Refresh. I purchased it for my Mavic but hop I never have to use it. I recently ordered a Spark but I'm not sure that I'll be ordering the DJI Care Refresh for it.
2017-6-4
Use props
The Rev
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1256837 ft
United Kingdom

Jimmers Posted at 2017-6-4 06:46
I have read nothing but nightmares when it comes to using the DJI Care Refresh. I purchased it for my Mavic but hop I never have to use it. I recently ordered a Spark but I'm not sure that I'll be ordering the DJI Care Refresh for it.

The bad reports seem to be in the US and the service in the UK seems to be a lot better even thou we have to send them back to the Netherlands.
My turn around time from fault being logged to a replacement arrival was 21 days.
Not brilliant but acceptable .
2017-6-4
Use props
Jimmers
lvl.4
Flight distance : 49623 ft
United States

The Rev Posted at 2017-6-4 07:58
The bad reports seem to be in the US and the service in the UK seems to be a lot better even thou we have to send them back to the Netherlands.
My turn around time from fault being logged to a replacement arrival was 21 days.
Not brilliant but acceptable .

Not sure what the problem is in the US but maybe DJI needs to take some advice from the DJI Netherlands customer service,  21 days isn't too bad.
2017-6-4
Use props
bcjkdem1
lvl.4
United States

5 words - State Farm personal article policy... Then you just get a $1,000 check cut to you, regardless of the cause/if you can recover it.
2017-6-4
Use props
Oregonizm
lvl.1
United States

jimmybbq Posted at 2017-6-4 06:21
This very thing happened to me. I ended up getting jello-effect. Found a video online that said to check those tabs.. Mine was the back one, it was on top of the tab.. They charged you $79 for to put that back in????

No, they didn't give me the option of having my Mavic repaired as per the Care/Refresh agreement.  They just invoiced me for a replacement ($79) and sent a brand new aircraft.  It took about 5 weeks total.
2017-6-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules