Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Lost video after 20 min of flight
624 2 2017-5-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Spyder3534
lvl.3
Flight distance : 32375 ft
United States

I was out flying today and my video cut out.  It went from a good video feed to basically nothing (black screen with occasional green bars) during the coarse of a 20 min flight, even at close range.  I landed and reset everything (quad, controller, app)... same problem.  When I quit flying I found the quad was hot.  It was hot today with a realfeel of 95 degrees F with 80% RH (South Carolina).  I removed the battery, let the drone and battery cool then fired it up inside to find the video transmittion working properly.  Any one have thoughts on this?  Have you ever lost video due to high temps?  Might my battery be giving off too much heat (it is an old battery with around 75 flights on it)?
2017-5-22
Use props
Spyder3534
lvl.3
Flight distance : 32375 ft
United States

Does the full flight record have a temperature field?
2017-5-22
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

There have been cases where the video processing chip in the aircraft overheats. There have also been suggestions of how to fix it, but they are complex and not recommended for people who do not have a solid electronic knowledge. My only suggestion is to avoid flying in high temperatures. I believe the flight record does record temperature, but I don't know how you go about displaying it.
2017-5-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules