Samsung Galaxy S4
4077 8 2017-5-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BLH
New
United States

I just received my DJI Mavic today and I'm having problems connecting to the drone. How do I fix it?
2017-5-22
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

You need to give us some more information.
Is the DJI GO 4 app running?
Are you starting everything in the correct sequence - RC controller, app, Mavic. Or you can try RC controller, Mavic, app.
2017-5-22
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Like Jenee2 mentioned,  give us more details for better assistance. What is showing on the screen of the RC?  What is the message on the app?
2017-5-22
Use props
Barney2k
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Update the app too - DJI GO4 is what you want.
2017-5-22
Use props
BLH
New
United States

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-5-22 22:08
You need to give us some more information.
Is the DJI GO 4 app running?
Are you starting everything in the correct sequence - RC controller, app, Mavic. Or you can try RC controller, Mavic, app.

Yes, the DJI GO 4 app is running.

I can't connect my phone to the RC controller. All the cords that came with the DJI don't fit my phone.  My USB cable phone charger fits the RC controller but doesn't connect either. What can I do?

The drone and controller are fully charged. When I turn the RC on it says BAT 100 PCT and the app runs but says disconnected.
2017-5-23
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Australia

BLH Posted at 2017-5-23 14:07
Yes, the DJI GO 4 app is running.

I can't connect my phone to the RC controller. All the cords that came with the DJI don't fit my phone.  My USB cable phone charger fits the RC controller but doesn't connect either. What can I do?

What version of Android is your phone running? From what I can see, the Samsung S4 uses a micro usb and there is certainly a cable in your box that should fit that. Are you inserting the cable the right way up?
2017-5-23
Use props
BLH
New
United States

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-5-23 20:19
What version of Android is your phone running? From what I can see, the Samsung S4 uses a micro usb and there is certainly a cable in your box that should fit that. Are you inserting the cable the right way up?

Ok, I connected the micro USB to my phone. I turned everything thing on and still the same thing. When I turn the RC controller on it says BAT 110 PCT and then turns off. When I turn the drone on the green lights don't stay on. Are the lights supposed to stay on when I turn on the power for the drone? The app still says disconnected.
2017-5-24
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Australia

BLH Posted at 2017-5-24 14:32
Ok, I connected the micro USB to my phone. I turned everything thing on and still the same thing. When I turn the RC controller on it says BAT 110 PCT and then turns off. When I turn the drone on the green lights don't stay on. Are the lights supposed to stay on when I turn on the power for the drone? The app still says disconnected.

I don't think you are turning the RC and drone on correctly. You need to press once quickly and then press a second time and hold for a few seconds. On the RC when you press and hold the second time you will see the screen saying connecting. Let your finger go then on the Mavic on the second press after holding for a couple of seconds you should see the 4 lights on the battery assuming it is fully charged. Just try that then start the app and wait until everything connects.
2017-5-24
Use props
BLH
New
United States

Thanks, for all the help! Everything is connected now, but I live in a no-fly zone area.  I live on a Military base and I don't think we are allowed to fly drones here.
2017-5-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules