What is the spec of Mavic Pro, RTH. while RTH working, disconnect...
1419 6 2017-5-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansca98da88
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2441 ft
South Korea

My drone was gone,
Here is full story...
After changing battery, My drone took off from the home and flew forward by remote controller.

and I pushed return to home.

and then suddenly application on Android smart phone was crashed down.

I was trying to re-execute and the look around to find my drone but I could not see.
I just heard the sound of drone but suddenly remote controller make warning sound with disconnect sign.

there was no obstacles except for air between the dron and remote controller.

1. What is the specification RTH?
    I pushed RTH already and the was returning.
    If disconnect happen, is RTH command  deleted? or Does RTH still has to be working ?

2. As I know, Mavic pro also has GPS module.
    If RTH button is pushed, Mavic Pro has memory for RTH or smart phone give path through the remote controller ?
    Does RTH has to work without remote conroller connection if it has data of Home location coordinate  or not?

I think that if the Mavic Pro does not have memory to execute command like RTH, "disconnect" and "application crash" are very dangerous defect.
I want to know exact specification and operating scheme.

2017-5-22
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

We feel so sorry for the accident you have with the drone. Please sync the DJI GO flight record , then provide the your DJI account email  and  the date this occurred to support@dji.com, we will proceed an analysis  to find out what causes is. As for the RTH, please visit:  https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... ser+Manual+V1.6.pdf  (Page 13-16)
2017-5-22
Use props
UCBarkeeper
lvl.3
Flight distance : 616982 ft
Switzerland

there is lot of information missing here... have you found your drone?
did rth execute, did you hear the beeping?
did you press rth on the app or on the remote?
did you RTH against the sun?
did you take off on concrete/metal/reinforced stuff.what warning has been shown?
how high was your rth altitude?

the drone works perfectly without smartphone. if you press the RTH button on the remote, drone will come back if everything is k (gps/compass).

same if it looses the connection with the remote and so on.
2017-5-22
Use props
fansca98da88
lvl.1
South Korea

DJI-Thor Posted at 2017-5-22 23:12
We feel so sorry for the accident you have with the drone. Please sync the DJI GO flight record , then provide the your DJI account email  and  the date this occurred to , we will proceed an analysis  to find out what causes is. As for the RTH, please visit:  https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/mavic/20170428/Mavic+Pro+User+Manual+V1.6.pdf  (Page 13-16)

I already did the sync all flight data and sent e-mail to DJI Service.
but I want to know the exact spec. how the Mavic Pro RTH works when it lost signal from remote controller.

I think that RTH must work in the case that the drone received RTH command before "disconnect" happen.
I ask again What is the RTH spec. The RTH command already send to the Drone and then the Drone lost signal from the remote controller ?Home location coordinate already recorded by smart phone app, that meaned the drone had the home location cordinate.
2017-5-22
Use props
UCBarkeeper
lvl.3
Flight distance : 616982 ft
Switzerland

it does not matter, if the drone looses the connection to the remote, it will rth anyway (after 3 seconds afaik).
and you would know that, if you read the manual, or at least the part that has been quoted.
2017-5-22
Use props
fansca98da88
lvl.1
South Korea

UCBarkeeper Posted at 2017-5-22 23:27
it does not matter, if the drone looses the connection to the remote, it will rth anyway (after 3 seconds afaik).
and you would know that, if you read the manual, or at least the part that has been quoted.

Thank you.
I already read manual but the my drone did not return.
and I heard different things from SNS.
2017-5-22
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

fansca98da88 Posted at 2017-5-22 23:37
Thank you.
I already read manual but the my drone did not return.
and I heard different things from SNS.

I'm sorry for your loss, unfortunately I don't know what you mean by SNS to know what you may or may not been told. Like Thor mentioned, all pertinent infoamrion regarding RTH is on page 13-14 of the Mavic user manual. If the unit was already performing RTH when the app disconnected, it would not stopped the process since it's also tied to the RC. If you've already contacted Support about this incident, they would be able to review the flight records in order to evaluate it for a potential warranty claim. There are still a few details that were not mentioned. Did you hit the RTH button multiple times when this happened, or just once? What battery percentage were you at when this happeded? How far out from the home point were you? Was there any wind? What kind of area were you flying in?
2017-5-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules