Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New to the Mavic, got a couple questions!
1320 9 2017-5-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
wms
Captain
Poland

Hi, I'm a noob when it comes to the mavic, just got it last week and I  have a couple questions. With all my issues with a P2 I got pretty paranoid I  guess...

1. I only tried flying it in my back yard, which sadly is on the edge of  a red restricted zone (stadium). when I attempt to take off, I get a  warning, then it proceeds as normal. Except, all the time I'm getting  2-3 green flashes followed by one long (like 2 second) red flash, this  happens while on the ground too. Is it due to the NFZ nearby or could it  be another problem? All status indicators in the app say Normal, plus I  powered it up somewhere else earlier today and didn't get any red  lights, though I didn't take off.

2. When I turn the aircraft off, the top green LED on the battery stays  on as it powers down, for like a second or two after everything else  goes off. The battery looks fine in the app, is this behaviour normal? -- I've been informed that this is perfectly normal

3. I'm going to mount a separate GPS tracking device on my Mavic, the TK102 GSM/GPRS tracker. Now I've read up on this and there seems to be an issue with GPS or compass interference in most obvious places. Does anyone use a tracker mounted on the side, near the SD card door (velcro or double-sided tape or whatever)? I've seen someone post a video saying it works just fine there (at least I think it was, the vid was in French) but I'd like to hear some more opinions.

Sorry for dumb paranoid questions but **** I don't wanna crash it or worse the first time I take it out somewhere nice lol                                                
2017-5-22
Use props
wms
Captain
Poland

Anyone?
2017-5-23
Use props
RAMJET-1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2180843 ft
United States

Hello wms,

I have looked and can not find any documentation on the led (G,G,G, -R-) flash pattern that you are experiencing with your Mavic. In regards to the battery, I am not sure if there is a problem. According to the battery manual this isn't described as an indication for anything.

Questions...
Did you buy the Mavic Pro new or used.

What version firmware is loaded on the Mavic and have you updated the firmware since you purchased the Mavic?

What version app are you running on your smart device?
2017-5-24
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

1/ you should find out why it's NFZ and then you can choose to opt out by going to opening page of this app and going through procedure.

2/ yes it's normal last green light for couple of seconds

3/ adding tracker what ever tracker you add you will need to preform compass calibration with it on so it doesn't interfere with compass and compass takes on parameters of having it on your Mavic. I'm not to sure best place to put it on the Mavic as I don't use them , so check out you tube or someone else here can answer that for you.

I would advise going to some open ground to fully test out your Mavic .
Good luck..
2017-5-24
Use props
wms
Captain
Poland

Thanks for the answer! Sadly, the zone I'm speaking of is red so there's no way to bypass it I guess. Doesn't matter to me though, I was mainly wondering about the red light on the back of the Mavic when flying nearby.
2017-5-24
Use props
wms
Captain
Poland

RAMJET-1 Posted at 2017-5-24 02:27
Hello wms,

I have looked and can not find any documentation on the led (G,G,G, -R-) flash pattern that you are experiencing with your Mavic. In regards to the battery, I am not sure if there is a problem. According to the battery manual this isn't described as an indication for anything.

Yeah neither is in the manual. My Mavic is brand new, still on .400 fw with up-to-date GO app. I guess I'll just try to fly it somewhere else during the weekend and see if the light keeps appearing.
2017-5-24
Use props
RAMJET-1
lvl.1
United States

wms Posted at 2017-5-24 04:38
Yeah neither is in the manual. My Mavic is brand new, still on .400 fw with up-to-date GO app. I guess I'll just try to fly it somewhere else during the weekend and see if the light keeps appearing.

I am suspicious of the app. (4.0.7) might not be 100% compatible with firmware .400 ?? Not sure. You can downgrade the GO4 app. as I did (your choice) and not worry about glitches: i.e. processor memory overload and video lagging etc...which I and many others have experienced with GO4 app ver. 4.0.5 and later.  If you want to downgrade the app uninstall the GO4 app, go into the file manager and delete all DJI files out of memory (to remove anything related to the Go4 app code). Then go to www.apkmirror.com (it is trustworthy). Search for DJI GO and all of the GO 3 and GO 4 versions apps are available to download and install on android devices (you can not downgrade Apple devices).   If two variants are listed, Variants 1 is for smart phones and variants 2 are for tablets. I am using GO3 ver. 3.1.3 on my Samsung TAB A6 with firmware .400 on the Mavic Pro. I would suggest to stay with .400 . It is very stable and safe. Choose the app you wish to download. When complete, since the app wasn't downloaded from the Google Play Store, you will more than likely have to give permission in "Settings" for the download to install on your android device. Do a lot of reading on the forum and learn what you can. Lots of good info on the form from knowledgeable pilots. Good luck and fly safe.

EDIT: Note that if using any GO3 app. when you connect to the Mavic it will advise that the DJI Go (3) app is no longer supported for Mavic Pro or Phantom 4 pro. This is true because DJI released the GO4 app to support updates for the Mavic Pro, Phantom 4 Pro and Phantom 4 Advanced. However, the DJI Go 3 version 3.1.3 and later ( I haven't used earlier versions) will work just fine with Mavic Pro. You just don't receive any new updates for the app to support Mavic Pro and the Phantom 4 Pro and Phantom 4 Advanced.
2017-5-25
Use props
wms
Captain
Poland

I'm on iPhone 7, so can't downgrade. Anyway yeah, I'll try flying in the countryside this weekend and report back, possibly update to .700 too.
2017-5-25
Use props
wms
Captain
Poland

Just to follow up on this, yes the blinking red status light on the back during normal operation was due to being on the edge of a red NFZ. I managed to get a couple batteries worth of flight time last weekend in the countryside and it didn't appear once, but came up again once I took off back home. So, nothing to worry about.

On a side note, if anyone wants to attach a GPS tracker to their Mavic, velcro it to the side near the SD card door and calibrate compass afterwards, you won't get any interference or balance issues. Remember though, if you later take off without it, you'll get mild drifting to the side until you calibrate again!
2017-5-30
Use props
RAMJET-1
lvl.1
United States

wms Posted at 2017-5-30 22:34
Just to follow up on this, yes the blinking red status light on the back during normal operation was due to being on the edge of a red NFZ. I managed to get a couple batteries worth of flight time last weekend in the countryside and it didn't appear once, but came up again once I took off back home. So, nothing to worry about.

On a side note, if anyone wants to attach a GPS tracker to their Mavic, velcro it to the side near the SD card door and calibrate compass afterwards, you won't get any interference or balance issues. Remember though, if you later take off without it, you'll get mild drifting to the side until you calibrate again!

Thank you for the follow-up regarding the blinking red light issue and GPS tracker.
2017-6-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules