2634 9 2017-5-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Deanopeps
lvl.3
Flight distance : 233474 ft
United Kingdom

Hi,

Thought i would share my very simple hand catching soloution for the Inspire 2 using a GoPro float and cutting it down to the right length (103mm).

I recently did a shoot where i had to take off and land from a small boat and caught it by the feet but that caused all sorts of issues so I think these will work.
IMG_0312.JPG
IMG_0313.JPG
2017-5-23
Use props
Mims
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1686991 ft
  • >>>
United States

Been looking for a solution. I assume the float comes with the attachment hardware as well?

You mentioned catching by the feet causing problems. Can you elaborate?
2017-5-23
Use props
Deanopeps
lvl.3
Flight distance : 233474 ft
United Kingdom

Mims Posted at 2017-5-23 06:33
Been looking for a solution. I assume the float comes with the attachment hardware as well?

You mentioned catching by the feet causing problems. Can you elaborate?

Hi sure,

We grabbed the back legs when landing but the aircraft thinks it needs to counter and powers up more rather than let you switch off when holding the right stick back. The Inspire 2 is a beast compared to the Phantom and quite powerful so you certainly need to have your whits about you.
I have disabled the in flight motor stop but that was another option i could have used perhaps?

I am hoping having the two handles will overcome these issues.
2017-5-23
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1943159 ft
Australia

Some in other posts suggested to catch the belly where the batteries are. Is it a feasible solution? I am particularly worrying about the weight of the machine on a one handed catch.
2017-5-24
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

No problems catching the craft's belly. Lots and lots of people do it.
2017-5-24
Use props
Mark Guille
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

DTK Posted at 2017-5-24 16:29
Some in other posts suggested to catch the belly where the batteries are. Is it a feasible solution? I am particularly worrying about the weight of the machine on a one handed catch.

If you are concerned about the weight, I would try to catch it above your head, it is a lot less strain on the arms and keeps the blades away from your face. Just make sure you have VPS and adaptive landing gear set to off.

Mark G.
2017-5-25
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1943159 ft
Australia

Thanks, guys. I did a couple of practice catching it by the belly. It works well just need more practice to get it perfectly safe and prompt.
2017-5-25
Use props
I2 Air Wolf
lvl.2
Flight distance : 466171 ft
United States

DTK Posted at 2017-5-25 15:45
Thanks, guys. I did a couple of practice catching it by the belly. It works well just need more practice to get it perfectly safe and prompt.

This is my solution

Hand Catch

Hand Catch
2017-5-27
Use props
snath
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5045295 ft
  • >>>
United States

Where did you get this from, can you share?
2017-5-27
Use props
I2 Air Wolf
lvl.2
Flight distance : 466171 ft
United States

snath Posted at 2017-5-27 10:28
Where did you get this from, can you share?
* Foto&Tech 5 Pieces Metal 1/4" to 3/8" Convert Screw Adapter for Tripod Monopod Ballhead DSLR SLR

* CAMVATE Camera Handle Grip Support Mount Video Camcorder Stabilizer with 1/4"-20 Thread on the Top

* CAMVATE Aluminum Camera Monitor Mount/Rod Clamp for Ronin-M Gimbal Stabilizer with 1/4" and 3/8" Thread Hole for Attach Accessories (Red-2)

I don't know how to do the link thing... above are the items, do a search on Amazon.

Sure, it was a little expensive compared to other solutions (https://forum.dji.com/thread-91126-1-1.html)but I liked this idea, plus the seacraft handle have been out of stock for a while, not to mention they come from China... sometimes it takes for ever to get something ship to the U.S.  You will need rubber strip or electrical tape, I happen to have the GoPro bike handle that had a rubber strip.  I hope this helps.
2017-5-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules