3016 14 2017-5-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ShadyDealer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 983428 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Genuinely love the Goggles. Think what they do is fantastic. Well designed and executed well with the Mavic.

I like the clarity, ease of use setting them up and ability to control settings, Mavic etc via the Goggles.

However, as I've previously vented, I am little disappointed with th apparent piece of muck that appears to be on the inside of th Goggles sitting on the screen. This is not always obvious but that's not the point. Should I decide to watch a film on them it would almost certainly irritate me more.

With cost of £500, yes I'm fussy but they are not cheap and it's not like I have had possession of them for months.

I've emailed DJI with my concerns with no reply just yet. Been into contact with a customer service chap via online chat which yielded little to no help. I then called the UKs customer service number and spoke to a lady.l called Yana that politely attempted to help me. Unfortunately after explaining my predicament I was advised to email DJIs technical support.

Why is it so difficult to get an answer on what my options are? Why can I not return/exchange them?

Any mods care to look in to this I would be most appreciated.

What's the other Goggle users experience so far?
2017-5-23
Use props
Michael Kaine
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1217520 ft
  • >>>
United States

No experience here I decided to wait a few weeks and order my sets from local vendors, I use the DJI customer experience store for my first pre order and B&H for the second. DJI is the Absolute worst at support
2017-5-23
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

We are sincerely sorry you are experiencing difficulties on  Goggles and our service.
Could you please PM me the e-mail address and phone number you used to contact us? We'd love to help you escalate it.
For the product issue you reported, we can arrange a replacement for you. We'll handle it soon once receiving your contact info, thank you very much.
2017-5-23
Use props
ShadyDealer
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-5-23 04:01
We are sincerely sorry you are experiencing difficulties on  Goggles and our service.
Could you please PM me the e-mail address and phone number you used to contact us? We'd love to help you escalate it.
For the product issue you reported, we can arrange a replacement for you. We'll handle it soon once receiving your contact info, thank you very much.

Thanks Natalia. Appreciate your swift response
2017-5-23
Use props
fansd84d7237
lvl.2
Flight distance : 64928 ft
France

Received my DJI Goggles today.
Seems like there aren't clean at all on the inside. Also, looks like some scratches but can't confirm.
I can't see them on bright background but on darker ones, you can see it clearly.
I don't know if there are 3 dead pixels on mine or if it's the reflection of the scratches.

Awesome piece of technology, pretty disappointed in the QC.
2017-5-23
Use props
ShadyDealer
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fansd84d7237 Posted at 2017-5-23 06:49
Seems like there aren't clean at all on the inside. Also, looks like some scratches but can't confirm.
I can't see them on bright background but on darker ones, you can see it clearly.

Wow, sounds like yours are worse than mine. It's on a bright white background the small debris shows on mine.

Agree with you, great technology, let down a little by the final assemble process. I'm in the process of trying to get mine exchanged but I'm even more concerned I'll get somebody else's rejects!
2017-5-23
Use props
fansd84d7237
lvl.2
Flight distance : 64928 ft
France

ShadyDealer Posted at 2017-5-23 13:12
Wow, sounds like yours are worse than mine. It's on a bright white background the small debris shows on mine.

Agree with you, great technology, let down a little by the final assemble process. I'm in the process of trying to get mine exchanged but I'm even more concerned I'll get somebody else's rejects!

Yeah I too, am afraid of having either a refurbished model or a "bad" batch product, which, clearly, wouldn't be that bad (I think)...

Have yours given you "reflections" on the main screen when you watch a video ?
I tried watching a movie, and I can see the reflections of "lights" from the scene > Like "ghost type" thing.
2017-5-23
Use props
LoveJ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 43379 ft
China

Looks like QC and CS are the short plates for DJI. Hope that they can improve them in the future.
2017-5-23
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

ShadyDealer Posted at 2017-5-23 05:27
Thanks Natalia. Appreciate your swift response

Thank you, we've informed our local support team to take care of your case, will contact you and guide you to send it in for replacement.
Should you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us, thanks.
2017-5-24
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Sorry to hear about that, could you please upload a picture showing the scratches if convenient?
If you can only see the pixels on very dark background, which will not affect its performance.
2017-5-24
Use props
ShadyDealer
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It effecting performance is an argument but when you pay a lot of money for these things they should be 100% - no question. Could argue my issue isn't effecting performance but it's an irritant.m, which effects my satisfaction.
2017-5-24
Use props
ShadyDealer
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-5-24 03:48
Thank you, we've informed our local support team to take care of your case, will contact you and guide you to send it in for replacement.
Should you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us, thanks.

Thanks Natalia. Will try and and get it sent back asap.
2017-5-24
Use props
fans3b81503f
lvl.1
Flight distance : 234098 ft
United States

I am having the same problem as both of you with a black spot on the left screen that only shows up on light backgrounds and a dead pixel that you can see on the right side on dark backgrounds. The black spot is most bothersome to me I want to exchange them, but I am worried how long it will take to get them back at this point I just want to use them without being defective out of the box.
2017-6-2
Use props
fans3b81503f
lvl.1
Flight distance : 234098 ft
United States

fans3b81503f Posted at 2017-6-2 07:58
I am having the same problem as both of you with a black spot on the left screen that only shows up on light backgrounds and a dead pixel that you can see on the right side on dark backgrounds. The black spot is most bothersome to me I want to exchange them, but I am worried how long it will take to get them back at this point I just want to use them without being defective out of the box.

I got some defective DJI goggles out of the box and it is so disappointing to me. Has anyone else experienced dead pixels on their goggles screen? I love the product over all, but they definitely seem to have some quality control issues. I am having a  problem with both screens on light and dark backgrounds. There is a black spot on the left screen that only shows up on light backgrounds, and a dead pixel that you can see on the right side on dark backgrounds. The black spot is most bothersome to me I want to exchange them, but I am worried how long it will take to get them back at this point I just want to use them without being defective out of the box. I made a case with DJI but the people I have talked to so far have not really been clear about the return exchange process. I shouldn't have to wait for them to be repaired or anything I just want a new pair sent to me as soon as possible which is what I believe they said would happen it was not all that clear. DJI could make the support process so much better I might send them back today just hope I don't have to wait a long time to get them replaced.
2017-6-2
Use props
fans06274521
New

Turkey

I have the same problem, I've really disappointed when I saw a big black spot on the right screen. I've paid a lot of money for hole system , whit this money I only want satisfied not a lot of problem I'm not happy with that, DJI need to have a very carefull quality control departman, and need to care with all the problem of the customera and also if need they would change with the new one I'm disappointed and angry
2020-2-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules