Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Holteng
New
Flight distance : 38143 ft
Norway

Hello!

I'll start with a bit of background info:
I bought my Mavic about a month ago, and had three short flights with success. But of course, as most, I had a crash with a tree. Just plain stupidity. But I've learned my lesson! The Mavic fell from 2,5 meters of height and down on grass and dirt. Didn't look too good in the beginning, but after some cleaning and replacement of three broken propellers and a gimbal cover, all seem to be OK. The next test flight went well, except for the gimbal. The drone itself was as before. Steady and without any new sounds that might point towards a damage. But the gimbal was another story.
So to the problem:
The gimbal just tilted up and down a few times before starting it all over. Must be the POST (Power ON Self Test). The screen message was of course "...gimbal overloaded... remove clamp..."-something. After some research on the web, I desided to order a ribbon cable to see if that might fix my problem. Two days ago I replaced the ribbon cable and that did it for the movement of the gimbal, except for a new small problem. One or more of the gimbal motors are shaking. This is not continously, but still a big problem. When I move the drone by hand (without propellers of course), the shaking stops and it comes back again. The time from when it goes away and it comes back varies. Movement can also make it come back. A calibration of gimbal or IMU had no effect.

I'm working with computers, servers, tablets, phones and other electronics on a daily basis, so doing repair on the drone is nothing new for me. And there is'nt any repairshop locally as far as I know of here i Oslo, Norway.

This new problem is nothing I find much of on the web, but a few confirming that they have experienced the same. Could this be a result of a low quality ribbon cable or that it might have been damaged during replacement?
Anyone that have thoughts or experiences that might point me towards a solution?

https://youtu.be/5p_A5-YefYw
2017-5-23
Use props
Holteng
New
Flight distance : 38143 ft
Norway

The first video did'nt upload to Youtube. Here's the new and working upload:
2017-5-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now