Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Pro Controller battery died by charging it
1218 3 2017-5-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
melns
New
Flight distance : 141535 ft
Latvia

Hi!
Have anyone experienced killing Mavic Controller by charging it with original charger?

I put it to charge over night and in the morning found blinking controller display with ~88% on it.

By disconnecting it - didn't respond at all. Didn't turn on. Weird smell (chemical).
Well obviously - battery died or something like that.

P.s.
I noticed that controller battery was loosing charge very fast since first day. After few hours after charging it dropped to 78% and less (while not using it (yes, power off)).

I sent it back to DJI. Will see what they think happend.

Am I the only one?

2017-5-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Definitely looks like it's dead warranty should cover it.
2017-5-23
Use props
Jenee 2
Captain
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

Just for future reference, it is never a good idea to leave a lipo or anything containing a lipo on charge overnight. I know the charger is supposed to turn off but things happen.
2017-5-23
Use props
melns
New
Flight distance : 141535 ft
Latvia

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-5-23 22:11
Just for future reference, it is never a good idea to leave a lipo or anything containing a lipo on charge overnight. I know the charger is supposed to turn off but things happen.

Self-turn-off is major thing for charging devices. I think majority put there devices charging over night, so they can use them during the day. But point taken #galaxynote7
2017-5-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules