P3S Camera Compatible on a P34K?
658 7 2017-5-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
stuka75
Second Officer
Flight distance : 85682 ft
United States

Should the camera on a p34k need replacing, would a camera from a Standard be compatible?
2017-5-23
Use props
Michgolden
Second Officer
Flight distance : 822851 ft
United States

I doubt it because the Standard isn't 4K. I do believe that the 2 systems aren't compatible in any way.
2017-5-23
Use props
stuka75
Second Officer
United States

Michgolden Posted at 2017-5-23 12:48
I doubt it because the Standard isn't 4K. I do believe that the 2 systems aren't compatible in any way.

The reason I ask is that I can not find a p34k camera replacement anywhere. And the P34K  other than 4k  and vision system is essentially a standard. At least as its treated in various forums.
2017-5-23
Use props
Michgolden
Second Officer
United States

I'm not sure what part of the US you're in but there's a UAV repair shop here in MN that you could check. It's in New Brighton and the link is under the repair shop tab on phantomhelp.com. Give him a call and see what he says, he usually has spare parts. Also there are a couple links on phantomhelp that may point you in the right direction. Otherwise I just googled that camera and a few popped up but they were about $300. What happened to yours?
2017-5-23
Use props
stuka75
Second Officer
United States

Michgolden Posted at 2017-5-23 17:46
I'm not sure what part of the US you're in but there's a UAV repair shop here in MN that you could check. It's in New Brighton and the link is under the repair shop tab on phantomhelp.com. Give him a call and see what he says, he usually has spare parts. Also there are a couple links on phantomhelp that may point you in the right direction. Otherwise I just googled that camera and a few popped up but they were about $300. What happened to yours?

Actually Im in central Wisconsin and recently recommended that shop to a friend in Mpls. The camera is fine for now. Im just thinking about future issues. I really dont need a 4K camera. Were yoy aboe to find cameras specific  to the p34k. Most descriptions I found   were vague as to its application to the p34k, Sounded like a pro camera.
2017-5-23
Use props
Michgolden
Second Officer
United States

Drone Nerds has one listed as "Phantom 3 4K (not for professional)" on their site for $299. I also seen that DJI has one on their site listed as Phantom 3 4K @ $299 but also has a separate one listed as 4K Professional. I see what you mean that they are quite vague in the descriptions on some of them. The Pro and Adv are compatible due to the same board but that as far as it goes.  
2017-5-24
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

No, the P3S camera would not be compatible with the P34K aircraft.
2017-5-24
Use props
stuka75
Second Officer
United States

Okay, thanks all.
2017-5-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules