Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Introducing the SPARK- Seize the Moment
1234Next >
35546 150 2017-5-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

SPARK
Seize the Moment

Spark is a mini drone that features all of DJI's signature technologies, allowing you to seize the moment whenever you feel inspired. With intelligent flight control options, a mechanical gimbal, and a camera with incredible image quality, Spark empowers you to push your creative boundaries.

Quick Launch
With FaceAware, Spark lifts off from your hand by recognizing your face.¹ It takes off and hovers in place within seconds of powering on.
170314_DJI_Mammoth_1352 .jpg    

Simple Control

Take amazing aerial photos using just hand gestures, without a remote controller or mobile device.¹

Create with Ease
Intelligent Flight Modes and intuitive controls help you create cinematic aerial videos with just a few taps.

Edit and Share
The DJI GO 4 app features automatic editing templates and an array of filters. Quickly edit videos and share them straight to social media.

Intelligent Flight Modes

Smart, reliable, and incredibly intuitive

03-INTELLIGENT FLIGHT MODES.jpg

QuickShot
Videos with a Tap
Let Spark take professional shots for you. QuickShots help you shoot amazing footage with cinematic composition.

Rocket   
Ascend with the camera pointing downward.

Dronie     
Fly backward and upward, with the camera locked on your subject.

Circle   
Circle around your target.

Helix   
Fly upward, spiraling around your subject.

TapFly
Flight at Your Fingertips
In TapFly mode, just envision your shot and Spark captures it for you. Tap your phone screen and Spark, using vision technology, flies in the direction of your tap or exactly where you tapped while actively sensing obstacles. Capture shot after shot with just your fingertips.

Coordinate     
Tap the screen and fly to that spot while maintaining altitude.
Tapfly-Coordinate.jpg

Direction     
Keep flying in the direction you tap on the screen.

ActiveTrack
Stay on Target
With ActiveTrack, Spark automatically recognizes objects of different shapes and sizes then tracks them according to what they are and how fast they move. This makes tracking much easier and more reliable.

Trace     
Track your target from in front or behind, or even circle around it.

Follow your subject from a fixed perspective.
ActiveTrack-Profile.jpg

Gesture
Your Moments, Captured
Gesture-Dronies.jpg
Deep learning gesture recognition allows you to take dronies with simple hand motions. With PalmControl mode, control Spark’s movement by hand. If you want, leave your remote controller and phone at home.

Selfies
Raise your arms, wave your hand, or make a frame with your fingers to maneuver Spark and shoot photos.

PalmControl
Spark can follow your hand movements or even take off and land on your palm.

High-Performance Camera
Amazing images and stabilized video   

Mechanical Gimbal Stabilization
Shake-Free Shots
Spark's 2-axis mechanical gimbal and UltraSmooth technology dramatically reduce shake and rolling shutter effect, keeping shots stable and detailed.

Powerful Lens
Capture the World
Powerful Lens.jpg
All Spark images are consistently sharp and vivid with very little color aberration and distortion. Spark's camera has an f/2.6 wide-angle lens with a 25 mm equivalent focal length. Five elements are arranged into a single group that fit into a compressed frame.

1/2.3 Sensor
Record More Details
1:2.3 Senso.jpg
Small and compact, Spark's camera features a 1/2.3 inch CMOS sensor, allowing you to shoot stabilized video at 1080p and stills at 12 MP. Larger pixels mean Spark is acutely sensitive to light and records colors precisely.

Multiple Shooting Modes
Versatile Photography

Spark adopts all previous DJI drone shooting modes while adding two new modes: Pano and ShallowFocus.

Pano
Spark shoots horizontal or vertical panoramas by automatically adjusting its gimbal and heading.

ShallowFocus
Spark uses its 3D vision technology to create photos with a shallow depth of field.

Flight Performance
Awesome potential, immersive experiences

Powerful Propulsion
Speed and Precision Control
Powerful Propulsion.jpg
With its aerodynamic, lightweight, and slick design, Spark soars through the air with minimal wind resistance. The gimbal and camera are flush with the aircraft, significantly increasing stability. Powerful propulsion offers steady flight in strong winds at up to 31 mph (50 kph) in Sport Mode.² And an advanced flight control system means flying is fun and intuitive.

HD Wi-Fi Video Transmission
Fly Farther, See More
HD Wi-Fi Video Transmission.png
Innovative HD Wi-Fi technology allows for 720p real-time video transmission from up to 1.2 mi (2 km) away.³

Stay in the Air
Uncompromised Flight Time
Stay in the Air.jpg
Even with all of Spark's intelligent features, flight time isn't compromised. Fly for up to 16 minutes with a fully-charged battery, capturing more footage.⁴

FPV Flight
Aerial Immersion
Switch to Sport Mode and unleash Spark's speed potential. Sport Mode sets the gimbal mode to FPV by default, so the camera moves with you as you fly. For an upgraded FPV experience, pick up a pair of DJI Goggles and see a different world.⁵

Flight Safety
Worry-free flight in the palm of your hand   

FlightAutonomy
Enhanced Awareness
FlightAutonomy-EN.jpg
Spark's FlightAutonomy system includes the main camera, vision positioning system (VPS), 3D sensing system, dual-band GPS, high-precision inertial measurement unit, and 24 powerful computing cores. This allows Spark to hover accurately anywhere with VPS assistance at up to 98 ft (30 m), sense obstacles from up to 16 ft (5 m) away, and land safely.

Return to Home
Worry-Free Flight
Return to Home.jpg
Like all recent DJI drones, Spark can return to its home point automatically with sufficient GPS signal. If the battery gets too low, connection is lost, or you hit the Return to Home (RTH) button, Spark flies back to the preset home point while sensing obstacles in its path. Spark’s downward-facing camera captures images of the area surrounding home point and references these images during RTH for a safe landing.

Flight Protection
Fly Smarter
DJI’s GEO system lets you know where drone flights may raise safety or security concerns, such as near airports or stadiums. This provides the information needed to fly Spark safely and responsibly.

Learn More

Intelligent Flight Battery
Power and Protection
Intelligent Flight Battery-EN.jpg
Spark uses a high energy density LiPo battery for optimal performance. 12 intelligent protection functions help deliver safe flight. Additionally, Spark’s battery estimates remaining flight time, letting you know when to land in real time.

1.    Propeller guards are recommended when using these functions.
2.    Remote controller (optional accessory) required.
3.    Unobstructed, free of interference, with remote controller when FCC compliant.
4.    Estimated flight time is based on flying in windless conditions at a constant speed of 12.4 mph (20 kph). Actual flight times may vary depending on your environment.
5.    Remote controller required; DJI Goggles compatibility coming soon.
2017-5-23
Use props
fans6916e6f9
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1790384 ft
Canada

I would have hopped you could use the Mavic controller to operate this but it looks like they maybe using a different technology then the mavic for down link.  Hopefully I am wrong.
2017-5-24
Use props
Bucefalo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 444944 ft
Italy

so finally is here... price?
2017-5-24
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

Bucefalo Posted at 2017-5-24 08:29
so finally is here... price?

$499 for aircraft, and $699 for the Fly More bundle.
2017-5-24
Use props
iAmChrisStone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2283609 ft
  • >>>
United States

does anyone know where i can watch the announcement event?  i was logged on, but had to take care of something so i actually missed it.  i love watching those!
2017-5-24
Use props
Sinamics
lvl.1
Flight distance : 837851 ft
Norway

Here is a spark review
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nujgBunvgBI
2017-5-24
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

iAmChrisStone Posted at 2017-5-24 08:40
does anyone know where i can watch the announcement event?  i was logged on, but had to take care of something so i actually missed it.  i love watching those!

2017-5-24
Use props
Alex Assenmache
Captain
Flight distance : 216430 ft
  • >>>
Spain

hope you like it

2017-5-24
Use props
wLpKNsjtyr6A
lvl.2
Mexico

Will the new quick shots be available for mavic?  
2017-5-24
Use props
phillbarnes
Captain
Flight distance : 40367 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Nice features but too small for me as I have a hard time keeping the Mavic pro in sight
2017-5-24
Use props
mavicme
lvl.2
Flight distance : 35738 ft
  • >>>
United States

would have been nice if the arms can fold inwards
2017-5-24
Use props
FlyingFish82
Captain
Flight distance : 3662503 ft
  • >>>
United States

Looks like a great product, but with all the new limitations and GEO fencing and Restrictions that drones are facing today and that will be added it seems like the marketing team went a bit too far in unrealistic situations of flying the spark, like the indoors Kart scene, so many people are going to want to try this themselves once they get a Spark, only to find out that drones are NOT allowed there, and they will be very dissapointed and give DJI a bad reputation. Instead of setting expectations so high they should focus on more practical and real life situation approach,  just a thought. All in all the product looks neat!
2017-5-24
Use props
digitalintruder
First Officer
Flight distance : 3652379 ft
United States

FlyingFish82 Posted at 2017-5-24 09:07
Looks like a great product, but with all the new limitations and GEO fencing and Restrictions that drones are facing today and that will be added it seems like the marketing team went a bit too far in unrealistic situations of flying the spark, like the indoors Kart scene, so many people are going to want to try this themselves once they get a Spark, only to find out that drones are NOT allowed there, and they will be very dissapointed and give DJI a bad reputation. Instead of setting expectations so high they should focus on more practical and real life situation approach,  just a thought. All in all the product looks neat!

Looks like an 'meh' product IMHO - it seems over-priced.
2017-5-24
Use props
fansf2b1617f
lvl.1
Flight distance : 175666 ft
Denmark

You might want to swap the videos on your sales page for the youtube ones in this post as the sales page ones hardly every load and never stream without buffering
2017-5-24
Use props
FI. Stanley
Second Officer
Flight distance : 148556 ft
  • >>>
Finland

I want to preorder this little tiny drone is amazing
2017-5-24
Use props
ShadyDealer
First Officer
Flight distance : 983428 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Can't help but feel DJI have missed a trick or two with this. A more compact design may appealed to more. Enabling Mavic remote control with the spark would have also been nice. A sub £500 price point also likely to tempt more. Not sure about it to be fair....
2017-5-24
Use props
ShadyDealer
First Officer
Flight distance : 983428 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fansf2b1617f Posted at 2017-5-24 09:41
You might want to swap the videos on your sales page for the youtube ones in this post as the sales page ones hardly every load and never stream without buffering

Seems to be all of there videos doesn't it?! Not just the new ones. Buffering extremely slow or non existent some times.
2017-5-24
Use props
I am the E
Second Officer
  • >>>
France

Already ordered one. Let see if it is as fun to fly as the mavic or will hand it down to the dog!
2017-5-24
Use props
microlinux
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2576972 ft
  • >>>
United States

OTOH, I generally expect people to think for themselves - not rely on commercials to tell them how to navigate life.

2017-5-24
Use props
FlyingFish82
Captain
  • >>>
United States

microlinux Posted at 2017-5-24 09:51
OTOH, I generally expect people to think for themselves - not rely on commercials to tell them how to navigate life.

Agreed, but you know know a days the reality is a lot of people want to do what they see others do. its a video giving them examples of how a product can be used.
2017-5-24
Use props
seleznev
lvl.2
Flight distance : 45627 ft
Russia

Very interesting to compare camera quality with Mavic. Because Mavic's warm spot is annoying.
2017-5-24
Use props
Masemoto
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5137425 ft
  • >>>
United States

Darn it... no RAW photo format!!  
2017-5-24
Use props
microlinux
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2576972 ft
  • >>>
United States

FlyingFish82 Posted at 2017-5-24 09:57
Agreed, but you know know a days the reality is a lot of people want to do what they see others do. its a video giving them examples of how a product can be used.

I get that, but that's still not any reason to shift personal responsibility to DJI. Marketing happens all day, every day in every industry. If we dumbed down everything for the MIllenials, we'd be walking around in those inflatable sumo suits and driving bumper cars.
2017-5-24
Use props
upinthesky
lvl.1
Flight distance : 73061 ft
United States

I second this.  There are several scenarios in the marketing videos that violate current FAA regulations for drone flight:  Piloting with FPV, flying over people, etc.  I'm not saying the the FAA regulations are reasonable (in many cases they are overly restrictive) but setting these expectations for the use of drones, in a US market does a disservice to the company and to it's customers.  As a commercially licensed sUAS pilot, I am constantly struggling with both public perception of drones and with keeping my flying within the allowable uses, while making a living flying a DJI drone.  Better to set realistic expectations and encourage uses that conform to current regulations -while working with the FAA to make those regulations more reasonable.
2017-5-24
Use props
Capo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 178196 ft
United States

This might be a product that puts a lot of pressure on governments to start relaxing drone rules. Most likely DJI will sell a ton of these to younger people.

Personally, I was hoping it would sneak under the 250gm limit that we have in Canada for the drone rules. Because of this, I am more likely to get a Mavic as a portable drone than the Spark. Under 250gms, it would have been a lock to carry the Spark with me everywhere I can't fly my Phantom.
2017-5-24
Use props
FlyingFish82
Captain
  • >>>
United States

microlinux Posted at 2017-5-24 10:19
I get that, but that's still not any reason to shift personal responsibility to DJI. Marketing happens all day, every day in every industry. If we dumbed down everything for the MIllenials, we'd be walking around in those inflatable sumo suits and driving bumper cars.

Hahaha i really hope we never get to that point! Cheers!
2017-5-24
Use props
weedhopper
Second Officer
Flight distance : 85686 ft
France

Again 4/3 Foto Size for my 16/9 TV !!!!!
2017-5-24
Use props
fans3596433f
lvl.2
Flight distance : 226713 ft
  • >>>
United States

digitalintruder Posted at 2017-5-24 09:34

Yep!  Apple syndrome...  I was sooooo in but at that price, and no 4K...??? (Couldn't believe that) Nope...

$399 Single
$599 Fly More

First time I feel like DJI missed it.  Great product, just overpriced.  
Also based on DJI's track record, these new flight modes will be coming to the rest of their line for sure!
2017-5-24
Use props
fans3596433f
lvl.2
Flight distance : 226713 ft
  • >>>
United States

digitalintruder Posted at 2017-5-24 09:34

Yep!  Apple syndrome...  I was sooooo in but at that price, and no 4K...??? (Couldn't believe that) Nope...

$399 Single
$599 Fly More

First time I feel like DJI missed it.  Great product, just overpriced.  
Also based on DJI's track record, these new flight modes will be coming to the rest of their line for sure!
2017-5-24
Use props
droneflyers.com
First Officer
Flight distance : 60709 ft
  • >>>
United States

Our extensive blog article as well as a video showing hand-on in terms of the construction of the unit.
http://www.droneflyers.com/dji-s ... -look-hardware-etc/

2017-5-24
Use props
droneflyers.com
First Officer
Flight distance : 60709 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mavic Pro cannot be compared - this is designed (according to DJI) to bring new people into the market.

If any of you "dronies" decide to go for it, buy the $699 package. Mobile range and control are hard for real RC pilots to get used to...besides, with the full package you can use it for Real Estate work, etc
2017-5-24
Use props
joe_gadget
Second Officer

Australia

Pity they couldn't up the camera to 60 fps. Would have been a real killer feature,. 4k - meh not so much.
2017-5-24
Use props
PimpDawg
First Officer
Flight distance : 1204754 ft
United States

Masemoto Posted at 2017-5-24 10:11
Darn it... no RAW photo format!!

I think this part might be a deal-breaker for me. I was thinking about buying this for my wife who is into photography and post production in Photoshop. Boo on no RAW format...
2017-5-24
Use props
digitalintruder
First Officer
Flight distance : 3652379 ft
United States

fans3596433f Posted at 2017-5-24 14:45

$399 Single

Not to mention 16 minutes of fly time ... total meh.
2017-5-24
Use props
Lucas775
Captain
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

It didn't do much for me.  I am more concern about the new DJI go app upgrade.
2017-5-24
Use props
boostedford
Second Officer
Flight distance : 144478 ft
United States

i see it as an everyday tool like your phone. youre not going to carry your mavic everywhere you go, but this is small enough to clip to your belt next to your phone. say you wanna get a quick picture or video of something. just unclip it from your belt, whip out your phone and fly! forget the rc imo cause youre not really gonna want to fly far with something so small. so thats how i see this product. think of it as a flying extension of your phone camera. the dji trailers of the spark make perfect examples of this. i do think a price range of 3-400 would be better though. this is just a drone for quick selfies and videos, not so much film making. which is why i can see why they went with only 1080p recording.
2017-5-24
Use props
fans0cbcfa59
lvl.1
Flight distance : 23504 ft
New Zealand

Uses a different battery to the mavic
2017-5-24
Use props
fans2f0d8514
New

Iran

I think it's not worse 500 box .what's your idea ?
2017-5-24
Use props
fans2f0d8514
New

Iran

PimpDawg Posted at 2017-5-24 16:57
I think this part might be a deal-breaker for me. I was thinking about buying this for my wife who is into photography and post production in Photoshop. Boo on no RAW format...

Buy her a mavic !
2017-5-24
Use props
Barney2k
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Looks good!

The gesture control is definitely an impressive innovation.

I've already pre ordered from a UK dealer:

https://www.heliguy.com/dji-c610/spark-c905

I've gone for White but I've got a soft spot for the red.

Will they be interchangeable at some point I wonder?
2017-5-24
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules