Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Introducing the SPARK- Seize the Moment
1234Next >
35579 150 2017-5-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dgc4rter
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8717 ft
United Kingdom

And so, DJI launch a product that will appeal to all the youngsters who won't give a t0ss about where and how they fly these things only to find out that that's been seriously restricted by the software/firmware anyway. They release videos demonstrating improper use whilst killing the threads about our concerns about the imminent upgrade. Hmmm! Not impressed!
2017-5-25
Use props
cy .sg
lvl.1
Flight distance : 51404 ft
Japan

it seems on the online store that the $499 version comes with remote controller? when i was purchasing it yesterday it did not?
2017-5-25
Use props
Silvo0
New
United Kingdom

fans6916e6f9 Posted at 2017-5-24 08:24
I would have hopped you could use the Mavic controller to operate this but it looks like they maybe using a different technology then the mavic for down link.  Hopefully I am wrong.

Just ordered one, so I am hoping the same. In the pictures shown the controller looks similar, lets hope.
2017-5-25
Use props
Silvo0
New
United Kingdom

Having just ordered one, I am hoping the same!
2017-5-25
Use props
Silvo0
New
United Kingdom

fans6916e6f9 Posted at 2017-5-24 08:24
I would have hopped you could use the Mavic controller to operate this but it looks like they maybe using a different technology then the mavic for down link.  Hopefully I am wrong.

Having just ordered one, I hope so two.
2017-5-25
Use props
ufoseeker1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 397 ft
Australia

Silvo0 Posted at 2017-5-25 01:41

No controller
2017-5-25
Use props
Ozmo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1423061 ft
United States

Silvo0 Posted at 2017-5-25 01:41

[You can control it using the 3D Goggles just like the Mavic - so looks like the same radio transmission tech..]Edit: on more research - it doesnt appear to be possible to use Mavic remote- and you may need spark remote to use DJI Goggles.

The Spark controller didn't appear to have a screen on the controller?
2017-5-25
Use props
ufoseeker1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 397 ft
Australia

You will need the Fly More Combo for the controller or by it separate.

Looks like the controller has clips for your phone
2017-5-25
Use props
Pocket Sized
lvl.1

United States

I'm gonna stick with my P2 in ATTI mode for as long as possible... I don't think today's drones are for me
2017-5-25
Use props
Mr Smith
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3621066 ft
  • >>>
United States

Loving this thing! So many amazing features, definitely planning on ordering one soon.

What is the max speed when not in sport mode?
2017-5-25
Use props
Skold
lvl.1
Flight distance : 239170 ft
United States

I hope this flops to teach DJI a lesson.  This is an overpriced hipster drone.  I think it will backfire on them and instead of bringing more positive impressions to the hobby, it will just cause more people to be annoyed by them.  Hopefully, they will put some of the tech they developed for it to good use for the next good product they come up with (3D vision on the Mavic 2).  
2017-5-25
Use props
Mr Smith
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Barney2k Posted at 2017-5-24 23:05
Looks good!

The gesture control is definitely an impressive innovation.

Apparently "The aircraft's body color is conditional on the color you chose on purchase."

Dji Spark
2017-5-25
Use props
fans43fe3452
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22359 ft
United States

Do I need to register SPARK on the FAA web site? At least so far is not listed on the "Requeired Drones" page.
2017-5-25
Use props
kaisweep
New
Netherlands

DJI Joe Posted at 2017-5-24 08:34
$499 for aircraft, and $699 for the Fly More bundle.

Are the quickshot modes also available for the mavic? Or will they be?

Hope so
2017-5-25
Use props
9KA
lvl.3
Flight distance : 854567 ft
  • >>>
Slovenia

Great, cant wait to have it
2017-5-25
Use props
Mr Smith
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

fans43fe3452 Posted at 2017-5-25 06:07
Do I need to register SPARK on the FAA web site? At least so far is not listed on the "Requeired Drones" page.

The U.S. no longer requires drones to be registered unless it is for commercial use. The FAA recently lost it's court case and the whole registration thing was ruled out, so if you're just flying for fun, no need to waste $5.

Drone Registration Appeal
2017-5-25
Use props
fishelectronics
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6864 ft
Finland

Did you fix hot red spot problem that Mavic's sensors has?
2017-5-25
Use props
tokenbrit
First Officer
Flight distance : 384094 ft
United States

Any idea what max wind speeds it's able to operate in?
2017-5-25
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

tokenbrit Posted at 2017-5-25 16:17
Any idea what max wind speeds it's able to operate in?

Spark can withstand wind speeds between 13‑18 mph (20‑28 kph).
2017-5-25
Use props
Cabansail
Second Officer
Flight distance : 136686 ft

Australia

One questioned answered - No RAW, so that mostly rules me out.

How much does it weigh?

Edit: Just found it 190 grams without battery. Battery weighs 95 grams. That makes it a total of 285 grams, so 45 grams too heavy to use in the sub 250 gram category which exempts it from many of the rules in Australia. If it was 46 grams lighter there would be a lot of applications.

2017-5-25
Use props
boostedford
Second Officer
Flight distance : 144478 ft
United States

damn out of stock already
2017-5-25
Use props
PimpDawg
First Officer
Flight distance : 1204754 ft
United States

Will this camera allow for filters to be installed and used?
2017-5-25
Use props
pritchiedotcom
Second Officer
Flight distance : 125738 ft
United Kingdom

mavicme Posted at 2017-5-24 09:01
would have been nice if the arms can fold inwards

I agree.. seems a bit obvious to make it fold similar to the Mavic for thoughtless storage so it's always with you.  I really like the idea, however I feel they missed the target on this one attribute.  I am still saving for a Mavic.  I am also not sure about trusting a flying drone to hand gestures.  My Sumsung TV has put me off the reliability of using hand gestures, however I am sure DJI has done a better job after watching the video.
Finally, the marketing video has also put me off.  I like the idea of getting above those annoying iPad users (smart phones I can live with), however what I wouldn't want to be is the annoying person with a drone distracting from the main event of my child running in a race.  The first person (eg. average member of the public I feel this devices is aimed at) to fly one of these into a group of kids using hand gestures at a public school is going to hit the headlines (even if I don't feel this is big enough to cause any major injuries).  Also, I'd be surprised any karting company will let you fly an average member of the public top fly inside they're building due to health and safety concerns (they risk being sued, and invaliding their own liability insurance).  
The drone looks cool, I really love the idea, I am hoping version 2 will be even better and I look forward to trying one out.  Mavic first for me though.. then maybe the Inspire once I've won the lottery.  :-)  without dreams, how you going to have a dream come true!
Thanks DJI for all the wonderful gadgets!
2017-5-26
Use props
pritchiedotcom
Second Officer
Flight distance : 125738 ft
United Kingdom

pritchiedotcom Posted at 2017-5-26 06:00
I agree.. seems a bit obvious to make it fold similar to the Mavic for thoughtless storage so it's always with you.  I really like the idea, however I feel they missed the target on this one attribute.  I am still saving for a Mavic.  I am also not sure about trusting a flying drone to hand gestures.  My Sumsung TV has put me off the reliability of using hand gestures, however I am sure DJI has done a better job after watching the video.
Finally, the marketing video has also put me off.  I like the idea of getting above those annoying iPad users (smart phones I can live with), however what I wouldn't want to be is the annoying person with a drone distracting from the main event of my child running in a race.  The first person (eg. average member of the public I feel this devices is aimed at) to fly one of these into a group of kids using hand gestures at a public school is going to hit the headlines (even if I don't feel this is big enough to cause any major injuries).  Also, I'd be surprised any karting company will let you fly an average member of the public top fly inside they're building due to health and safety concerns (they risk being sued, and invaliding their own liability insurance).  
The drone looks cool, I really love the idea, I am hoping version 2 will be even better and I look forward to trying one out.  Mavic first for me though.. then maybe the Inspire once I've won the lottery.  :-)  without dreams, how you going to have a dream come true!

I've watch it again.
I still not sure about the hand gestures, however the demo is impressing enough for me to want to learn more.  the micro USB charge is VERY COOL for me, as it means I can charge it via my car, l solar panel (just what I wished for remote camping) and using the same charge as my phone (saving backpacking space).
I am excited by it, more so by the USB charging and (what should be) an excellent low light image sensor than all the fancy other stuff.  (oh and the price is really good)
I hope they improve the stowed away form factor with future versions.  For now I plan to put it safely in a padded sandwich  tub.  Ok.. ok the more I think about it the more I want it over a Mavic now.. Dam you DJI.. :-P
2017-5-26
Use props
DonBishop
lvl.1
United States

I like DJI products, but customer support is so friggin' horrible that I just can't bring myself to buy another item from them.  I have the Mavic Pro, Osmo, z-axis, and Osmo mobile.  I am looking for a small, indoor drone, but ... DJI refused my warranty on the z-axis because I bought it on eBay, new, from a DJI authorized dealer.  Even after sending the proof of purchase and the dealer's DJI certificate, they refused to repair it.  It is coming back to me, then going to the vendor, then back to DJI, costing me pretty much two months of time.  The Osmo went in for a broken SD card holder and I haven't seen it in over a month.  I paid for the repair on the Osmo, and even after I got the notice that the Osmo would be coming back to me, DJI continues to send me bills for it.  Maybe they think I'll forget and pay twice?  
2017-5-26
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Yawn...........
2017-5-26
Use props
AtvRacer
New

United States

This or the mavic pro interested in both.
2017-5-26
Use props
fans8ed83837
lvl.1

Spain

I'm not pretty sure, if I buy an EEUU version (2km range) can I make it fly in Europe with that range? Or it reconfigures itself automaticly when detecting it is in Europe?
2017-5-27
Use props
TheFlyingDutchm
lvl.4
Flight distance : 717336 ft
Norway

Looks like the frame rate is 30P  only. Would be nice if a FW could add 25p for PAL users.
2017-5-27
Use props
TheFlyingDutchm
lvl.4
Flight distance : 717336 ft
Norway

It looks like the transmission distance outside FCC area is only 1/4 (0.3 miles vs 1.2 miles). Previous DJI drones had about half the distance in CE mode vs FCC.
2017-5-27
Use props
macarius
Hong Kong

Can the mavic controller be used for Spark ? Or the other way round ? Interchangeable ?
2017-5-27
Use props
fans8ed83837
lvl.1

Spain

macarius Posted at 2017-5-27 09:53
Can the mavic controller be used for Spark ? Or the other way round ? Interchangeable ?

No, has its own controller
2017-5-27
Use props
beeper
Second Officer
Australia

Spark 2 will be out before December don't worry if you miss this one. Then DJI will stop firmware updates for the spark just before the release of Spark 2(all Spark owners will be Beta Testers for Spark 2) like they have done for the phantom 4.
2017-5-27
Use props
1q85stmJOyLz
lvl.1
Germany

Are there info on the noise of the Spark? From all those YouTube videos it seems way louder than the Mavic.
2017-5-27
Use props
harrismix
lvl.1
United States

fans0cbcfa59 Posted at 2017-5-24 20:42
Uses a different battery to the mavic

It wouldn't be possible to use a bigger battery and keep it small would it?
2017-5-28
Use props
aviscomi
lvl.4

United States

Well I ordered the Fly More package.  I figured that since I have owned just about every other DJI product, why not this one.  Besides, I think that I can get my wife to fly this without being intimidated due to its small size.
2017-5-29
Use props
NoSale
lvl.4
Flight distance : 460958 ft
United States

Interesting form factor.  It will be more interesting to see what market or application this will find as its sweet spot........
2017-5-29
Use props
Tim the Toolman
lvl.1
Flight distance : 275817 ft
Australia

phillbarnes Posted at 2017-5-24 08:57
Nice features but too small for me as I have a hard time keeping the Mavic pro in sight

I'm thinking of buying one the sticker packs and making mine bright yellow so I can see it...
2017-5-29
Use props
ChrisH64
New
United States

Can the Mavic Pro controller be used with the the Spark?
2017-5-30
Use props
fans9c2e5d70
lvl.1
Flight distance : 237359 ft
France

HI DJI, are you going to propose 25FPS recording? Thanks!
2017-5-31
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules