DJI P3 Crash After Errors
1012 4 2017-5-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans5e88b4da
New

United States

Hello, I just got my DJI P3 after a crash that I was very confused with. I have included a photo to help maybe shed some light of what I experienced before I go back up in the air. "Note prior to this fight I had 4 successful flights that day as well."

After warming up and everything was good to go, I auto launched my P3 to go up and take some video and photo. When I was up I brought the P3 up to an altitude of 100 feet and then flew it. At the point on the map photo I included by P3 turn abruptly in a 180 degree turn and then cartwheeled to the ground which it caused damage to the blades and gimbal. I'm wondering if anyone can explain what might have happened and how this can be prevented for future flights. At the time was when it fell out of the sky I got these following two errors: "Warning: abnormal compass function or GPS detected. Aircraft switched to ATTI Mode." And " warning compass error, switch to P-GPS Mode."

Note this fall and error happened within seconds with no time to react to anything.
IMG_2617.PNG
2017-5-23
Use props
fansc8a9c3ba
lvl.1
Flight distance : 46604 ft
Chile

Hello, glad to help, if you could attach the cvs file of that flight will be much more usefull than this pictures, cheers dude.
2017-5-24
Use props
karldoblehmuk
New
United Kingdom

Hey I could really use some help, my DGI Phantom 3 went under a bridge last year and essentially lost connection to my remote, and crashed into the bridge. Since then, it's not been used. The camera gimbal was completely busted so I removed it but the battery itself turns on, it either flashes completely green or one bar green, and it even flashes when it's not on. Sometimes it'll just turn on randomly without me even being near it. The drone still works, it turns on but will not fly, do I
a. need a new battery
b. need a new drone?

Thanks.
2017-5-24
Use props
NPR
lvl.1
Flight distance : 46604 ft
Chile

karldoblehmuk Posted at 2017-5-24 22:38
Hey I could really use some help, my DGI Phantom 3 went under a bridge last year and essentially lost connection to my remote, and crashed into the bridge. Since then, it's not been used. The camera gimbal was completely busted so I removed it but the battery itself turns on, it either flashes completely green or one bar green, and it even flashes when it's not on. Sometimes it'll just turn on randomly without me even being near it. The drone still works, it turns on but will not fly, do I
a. need a new battery
b. need a new drone?

Please upload there the cvs file is the flight when crashed , no need buy another one, need to check what was the problem first.
2017-5-27
Use props
OrlyP
lvl.4
Flight distance : 36916 ft
Philippines

The way you described what happened suggests that it lost a prop or the propulsion was somehow compromised mid-flight. The sudden turn and cart-wheeling is the main clue here. A bird strike would be my 2nd guess.

The compass and/or GPS errors you got were probably as a result of the violent movement the aircraft when it started free-falling.
2017-6-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules