Disappointing repair experience
1477 11 2017-5-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans75505490
lvl.1
Flight distance : 390 ft
United States

I accidentally had broken the fragile gimbal ribbon on my Mavic which required me to send the unit in for repair.

Previous to this incident the Mavic had about 2 hours of flight time on it and everything worked flawlessly. Image quality was excellent, video quality was excellent - both formats produced crisp 4k images.

My case number for the repair was CAS-616899-Z5L8J0

Because the break was my fault I had to pay over $200 for the part + labor to repair which I was fine with. I recieved the repaired unit which happened to just be an entirely new unit (different serial numbers). The image & video quality on this unit is horrendous. Colors are totally oversaturated, almost as if the contrast is maxed out and the mavic is unable to focus correctly. Even when setting the focus to manual and entering my own paramaters to try and get the iso and shutter speed right, it will not create a crisp image.

Very dissapointed to say the least. I just sent the unit back to DJI which will probably result in another month of waiting unforunately. Pretty bummed out about this.

In Summary, after waiting clsoe to a month for this unit to be repaired, I had the unit for literally a day and now I am sending it off again. I wish they could just refund me my moey so I could go buy a new one from a store.

New case #
CAS-657278-G9C2K8

2017-5-23
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

We do apologize for your unpleasant experience with us.
We are aware of your case, will take care of it for you and work hard to speed up the repair process so you can get it back soon.
Besides, the first drone was sent in for repair by pilot error, after you received the repaired/replaced one, which shall be covered for the time remaining in the original product’s warranty. Since the drone is out of refund service period, we're not able to issue the refund to you.
2017-5-23
Use props
MentalEcho
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9413 ft
United States

How'd the box look? New or handled?  Quite likely that they issued you a refurb, which if you question them on, they will gladly tell you "you agreed to that in the agreement you had to accept to give us your money".  I've read that they often no longer put the 'refurb' sticker on the Mavics that they send out...

If it makes you feel better about your plight, I paid them $1400 in Feb and was sent a defective unit. Today, on 5/23, they sent me a battered refurb P3S as my replacement - which was supposed to be a new, non-refurb Mavic Pro to replace the defective new one they sent me to begin with...  

Best of luck to you! Hope you can find better actual assistance than I have (not just friendly seeming folks)!
2017-5-23
Use props
fans75505490
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-5-23 20:40
Like Natalia mentioned, we'll help get this sorted for you. Just for the sake of documentation, though, did you happen to send any samples of what you're getting from this unit to Support as well?

I did send them documentation. This is a link of me trying to auto focus the camera on my self. I tried three different focus points and you can see the camera try to adjust but it just stays blurry.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ywggvjmq1jqziso/DJI_0006.MOV?dl=0
2017-5-23
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Like Natalia mentioned, we'll help get this sorted for you. Just for the sake of documentation, though, did you happen to send any samples of what you're getting from this unit to Support as well?
2017-5-23
Use props
fans75505490
lvl.1
United States

MentalEcho Posted at 2017-5-23 19:35
How'd the box look? New or handled?  Quite likely that they issued you a refurb, which if you question them on, they will gladly tell you "you agreed to that in the agreement you had to accept to give us your money".  I've read that they often no longer put the 'refurb' sticker on the Mavics that they send out...

If it makes you feel better about your plight, I paid them $1400 in Feb and was sent a defective unit. Today, on 5/23, they sent me a battered refurb P3S as my replacement - which was supposed to be a new, non-refurb Mavic Pro to replace the defective new one they sent me to begin with...  

The box? LOL, it came in an oversized cardboard box wrapped with some pink bubble wrap. It had plenty of room inside the box to bounce around / move freely. I was in disbelief at how this replacement was packaged. It was hilarious.

I have zero expectations on getting a mavic back that is in 100% working order. Based on personal experiences as well as a multitude of user experiences that I've read it is clear that post purchase customer satisfaction ranks low. The DJI reps on this forum that act like they care and want to help mediate these issues but they just add insult to injury. No offense DJI reps but I had concerns about the post customer service & support after reading other's posts and now those concerns have been validated as I find my self in that same boat. I'll never rant again because it does nothing but I thought I would at least offer my two cents.
DJI is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gona get

2017-5-23
Use props
MentalEcho
lvl.2
United States

fans75505490 Posted at 2017-5-23 20:44
The box? LOL, it came in an oversized cardboard box wrapped with some pink bubble wrap. It had plenty of room inside the box to bounce around / move freely. I was in disbelief at how this replacement was packaged. It was hilarious.
I have zero expectations on getting a mavic back that is in 100% working order.

Yeah, I was really blown away by how poorly the P3S they 'accidentally' shipped me today was... Like everything was just tossed in the box and crammed for close (bulging)... I'm hoping that's one of their in house refurbs - I'd be ticked to be the actual owner of that P3S today if I saw how it was shipped around.  But I hear you.. You get a lot of friendly people acting like they want to be helpful - but 3 months into my nightmare and I'm still waiting for the ~12 helpful people I've come across with DJI to date to actually provide some help. I feel like they have to kinda get a kick out of it - see if they can drive someone to do something crazy after promising "it will ship tomorrow" daily for 4 months or something of the sort...
2017-5-23
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

MentalEcho Posted at 2017-5-23 20:57
Yeah, I was really blown away by how poorly the P3S they 'accidentally' shipped me today was... Like everything was just tossed in the box and crammed for close (bulging)... I'm hoping that's one of their in house refurbs - I'd be ticked to be the actual owner of that P3S today if I saw how it was shipped around.  But I hear you.. You get a lot of friendly people acting like they want to be helpful - but 3 months into my nightmare and I'm still waiting for the ~12 helpful people I've come across with DJI to date to actually provide some help. I feel like they have to kinda get a kick out of it - see if they can drive someone to do something crazy after promising "it will ship tomorrow" daily for 4 months or something of the sort...

We replied your another thread and are working on it now, please do not spam on Forum, or you will be banned, thanks for your understanding and support!
2017-5-24
Use props
MentalEcho
lvl.2
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-5-24 01:02
We replied your another thread and are working on it now, please do not spam on Forum, or you will be banned, thanks for your understanding and support!

Wow. DJI... I just don't know what to say. I'd urge people to look at my history.  I made 8 comments yesterday and I'm being threatened with being banned by DJI on here now (I've saved it all to pass to my lawyer).  My posts weren't spam - it was honest communication.
Why is it that DJI seems to constantly turn to this? People work with DJI trying to get a fair solution.  After DJI fails to provide a solution for months and months, people desperately turn to the Internet for help and then DJI bans or threatens to ban.

I'm the victim here, DJI - not you.

8 comments in a day, a few of which had nothing to do with my terrible support experience and were just friendly interaction, and you threaten me?

Thanks for all of the friendly abuse.
2017-5-24
Use props
fans75505490
lvl.1
United States

When does this thing ship out? No updates since the 26th. I am happy to keep waiting if they send me one that is actually working properly but it would be nice to have an ETA.
Case #CAS-657278-G9C2K8

update.PNG

2017-5-31
Use props
MentalEcho
lvl.2
United States

fans75505490 Posted at 2017-5-31 08:44
When does this thing ship out? No updates since the 26th. I am happy to keep waiting if they send me one that is actually working properly but it would be nice to have an ETA.
Case #CAS-657278-G9C2K8

Hey, pal! I see that we're both still getting that wonderful DJI support!!!

Here's my latest update.. Working on a video too... I am going to get this info out, regardless of if they help me or not (which I am not holding my breath for) https://forum.dji.com/thread-98395-1-1.html
2017-5-31
Use props
fansbdcccd8b
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

I can't wait for the video!  Need an extra ?  I must say I like you,  MentalEcho.  Good spunk . Were you in special ops ?
2017-5-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules