Camera blacked out
1621 24 2017-5-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Lobstah Mobstah
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1218379 ft
United States

I got my Mavic on May 11th.  At first I had no problems.  After about a week I noticed some weird, small glitches with the camera.  Last Saturday a lot of my videos were glitched REALLY bad.  Sunday I got a completely black screen.  I contacted DJI on Monday.  After being on hold for 45 minutes, I spoke with a nice rep who told me that I should send it in.  He informed me that a UPS lable would be sent via e-mail within 2 days.   It came within 20 minutes!  I was fable to package up the Mavic and drop it off at UPS today.  So far the service has been good.  I'm hoping that the camera issues are taken care of under warranty.  I have DJI Refresh Care.  I don't want to have to use one of my refreshes on this.  I leave for an epic east coast road trip in 3 weeks.  I'm hoping that I can get my Mavic back before I leave!  I've heard good and bad about DJI's service.  I'm counting on you DJI.  Don't let me down!

2017-5-23
Use props
I am the E
lvl.4
  • >>>
Netherlands

From what has been reported it dep0end on your luck. Lot of praying might or might not help! Good Luck!
2017-5-23
Use props
Lobstah Mobstah
Second Officer
United States

Shipped for repair to Cerritos CA from south Florida.  Dropped off on 5/23/17 scheduled for delivery on 5/31/17.  This also takes into consideration Monday being Memorial Day.  UPS has not updated for 2 days.  It showed the drone as being in Jacksonville both yesterday and .
  I am going to chronical every step of this repair process.  I had several choices to make when purchasing this drone.  I chose DJI because I judged this product to be superior.  I was well aware of the company's reputation for bad customer service.  I am going to honestly report on the process and let you decide if tbey deserve the poor reputation or not.  Will update each step of the way.
2017-5-25
Use props
hungdang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4931706 ft
  • >>>
Australia

They might send you a used one as many people have been reported. hopefully they won't do that to you
2017-5-25
Use props
Lobstah Mobstah
Second Officer
United States

After showing "in transit" with a delivery date for tomorrow for the last week,  today the status changed to:
"Scheduled delivery information is not available at this time. Please check back later."
Last Location:
Departed - Jacksonville, FL, United States, Wednesday, 05/24/2017

I opened a chat with UPS who claimed it was delivered.  Then I called DJI who stated that they don't have it.  I was placed on hold while they checked the shipping department and was told they do not have it.  Then I called UPS who told me that they would look into into it.   I'm hoping that SOMEONE in that chain has it.  My hopes for getting my drone back by June 13th are getting slimmer each day.
2017-5-30
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Lobstah Mobstah Posted at 2017-5-30 08:45
After showing "in transit" with a delivery date for tomorrow for the last week,  today the status changed to:
"Scheduled delivery information is not available at this time. Please check back later."
Last Location:

Ugh. Hope UPS find it soon and it wasn't stolen. Good luck.
2017-5-30
Use props
Lobstah Mobstah
Second Officer
United States

I finally spoke to someone at UPS.  It was not deliver today.it will be delivered to DJI tomorrow.  So far the return process is going well on DJI's end.  I have no complaints.
2017-5-30
Use props
Lobstah Mobstah
Second Officer
United States

UPS is showing delivered at 10:00.  DJI site has not yet updated.  I'll give them a benefit of a doubt seeing how they have only had it for 25 minutes or so.  Do I still have hope to get my drone back in time for my trip to Maine? I leave on June 13, so It's possible.  Stay tuned for updates!
Case No.
CAS-659615-Y5Q2H5
2017-5-31
Use props
Lobstah Mobstah
Second Officer
United States

Drone was received at 10:00am.  It is still showing as in transit almost 12 hours later.  I sure hope they open it up tomorrow!
2017-5-31
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Lobstah Mobstah Posted at 2017-5-31 19:34
Drone was received at 10:00am.  It is still showing as in transit almost 12 hours later.  I sure hope they open it up tomorrow!

PM DJI Mindy or Jamie and give them your case number and they will check on it for you. Good luck!
2017-5-31
Use props
Lobstah Mobstah
Second Officer
United States

dronist Posted at 2017-5-31 20:25
PM DJI Mindy or Jamie and give them your case number and they will check on it for you. Good luck!

I'll try that thank you!
2017-6-1
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

Good luck my man!
2017-6-1
Use props
Lobstah Mobstah
Second Officer
United States

Thanks.  I PMed both Mindy and James.  This is very important to me.  I spent months saving on a teacher's salary to get this to take on a trip back to my home state of Maine from here in South Florida.  .  My wife is a teacher also,  We finish next Friday for summer vacation.  I'm hoping that I get lucky and get the drone back before we leave on the 13th..  I have been dreaming of some of the places I could film along the way.  It won't matter if I can't get the drone back in 13 days.  
2017-6-1
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
Malaysia

Lobstah Mobstah Posted at 2017-6-1 06:49
Thanks.  I PMed both Mindy and James.  This is very important to me.  I spent months saving on a teacher's salary to get this to take on a trip back to my home state of Maine from here in South Florida.  .  My wife is a teacher also,  We finish next Friday for summer vacation.  I'm hoping that I get lucky and get the drone back before we leave on the 13th..  I have been dreaming of some of the places I could film along the way.  It won't matter if I can't get the drone back in 13 days.

Man, sorry about that. they usually respond rather quickly,. Give them a hour and shoot another one. Good luck!
2017-6-1
Use props
Lobstah Mobstah
Second Officer
United States

My status was still listed as "to be received".   I called DJI and to my surprise was immediately connected with a customer service rep.  I was put on a brief hold while the rep. checked the status.  When the rep came back on, I was told that my mavic was waiting to be assessed.  I asked how long that process should take and was told 3-5 business days.  I inquired about expedited shipping because I'd be leaving for a trip.  I stated that I would pay any extra fees related to this.  I was told it would be added in the notes in my file.  As soon as I got off the phone I got an email update stating that my drone was received yesterday and that they were now conducting damage assessment .  According to the site this part should be done between 1- 3 working days.  I hope the website is more accurate than the service rep.  So far so good as far as the whole process.  I'm hoping to be a DJI Service success story!
2017-6-1
Use props
Lobstah Mobstah
Second Officer
United States

I Pmed DJI Natalia a couple of hours ago.  I didn't get a response but my case moved to the next step.  It was evaluated and an invoice was sent for:
Item:  Mavic Pro Aircraft & Gimbal (Excluding remote controller, Battery, Battery Charger, Propellers, SD Card, and AC Cable)                                                                                                Quantity: 1                                                                            Unit Price(USD) $696.00        Total Price(USD)  $696.00   

Freight:                                     0.00
Total Amount:                        79.00
Total Payment:                        79.00

I'm not going to question the fact that even though only the camera was inoperable, they decided the whole unit was a total loss.  I'm just happy that the process is moving forward.  I paid the invoice.  Now I wait to receive my new or refurbished Mavic.  I don't know if my constant checking up by calling and sending PMs has speeded up the process, but I feel that so far their service is doing great!
2017-6-2
Use props
Lobstah Mobstah
Second Officer
United States

Okay, this may be too good to be true but..  I just called DJI Support.  Again the wait time was very short, less than 2 minutes.  I was calling to inquire about expedited shipping.  I was put on a brief hold by a rep named Joy.  After the hold, Joy came back on the line and told me that expedited shipping was approved and I would be getting the confirmation information between 24 and 48 hours.  If I get my drone back any time next week I will be ecstatic!  Considering that I started the process on May 22nd, so far, I'd give DJI Customer Service a grade of "A"!
2017-6-2
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Lobstah Mobstah Posted at 2017-6-2 08:23
I Pmed DJI Natalia a couple of hours ago.  I didn't get a response but my case moved to the next step.  It was evaluated and an invoice was sent for:
Item:  Mavic Pro Aircraft & Gimbal (Excluding remote controller, Battery, Battery Charger, Propellers, SD Card, and AC Cable)                                                                                                Quantity: 1                                                                            Unit Price(USD) $696.00        Total Price(USD)  $696.00   

Sorry, PM does not function well sometimes so we failed to receive you message.
Glad to know you called our support to get a progress on this case.
I just checked your case, we sent you the quotation, may I know you have paid the invoice or not?
Please feel free to let me know if you need any help, we'd love to try our best to help.
Appreciate your patience and support!
2017-6-5
Use props
Lobstah Mobstah
Second Officer
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-6-5 01:06
Sorry, PM does not function well sometimes so we failed to receive you message.
Glad to know you called our support to get a progress on this case.
I just checked your case, we sent you the quotation, may I know you have paid the invoice or not?

Hi Natalia,
I did pay the invoice as soon as I got it on Friday.  It was a little after 12:00 pm EST
The Transaction ID is:  1ML15559HH596793R.  
The invoice ID appears to also be my case number:  
Invoice ID:  CAS-659615-Y5Q2H5

I was a little surprised to see the quote for repair be for the total amount of the aircraft.  It was still flyable, so it seemed strange that the quote was for $696.
Will I be getting a new Mavic or a refurbished one?  Also, I was promised expedited shipping.  I'm really hoping that the drone goes out today!  Please contact me with some good news!  Thank you!
Dan
2017-6-5
Use props
Lobstah Mobstah
Second Officer
United States

I called DJI in California at 12.10 EST.  I was caller number 16.  After being on hold for 30 minutes,  I was told that my Mavic was going to be replaced through DJI Care Refresh, which I already knew.  I asked if it would be shipping today with the promised expedited shipping. I also asked if I was getting a new or factory refurbished unit.   After a 5-10 minute hold the rep came back and said that she spoke to her supervisor and that my Mavic would be shipping soon and to watch for an email.  I asked if it would be a new or refurbished unit to which I was told yes, it would be either a new or refurbished unit.  :sigh:  I tried to make it clear that I wanted to know whether it would be a new OR refurbished.  The person could not tell me what kind of unit I'd get.  Only that I should be looking for an email "soon".  It has  only been 2 hours since the call, but I still have hope for it going out to today.  I only have 5 working days after today before my vacation.  I'd be lying if I said I wasn't getting concerned.
2017-6-5
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Lobstah Mobstah Posted at 2017-6-5 05:37
Hi Natalia,
I did pay the invoice as soon as I got it on Friday.  It was a little after 12:00 pm EST
The Transaction ID is:  1ML15559HH596793R.  

The unit has been shipped out already, hope you would receive it soon and enjoy flying.
Each time you request a replacement, you’ll receive a replacement unit that is new or equivalent to new in performance and reliability.
After you receive it, please check the performance, thanks.
2017-6-6
Use props
Lobstah Mobstah
Second Officer
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-6-6 04:50
The unit has been shipped out already, hope you would receive it soon and enjoy flying.
Each time you request a replacement, you’ll receive a replacement unit that is new or equivalent to new in performance and reliability.
After you receive it, please check the performance, thanks.

Thank you for your help in this matter.  I have to say that DJI DOES have helpful, knowledgeable people.  You just have to seek them out.  I'm going to create a thread about my whole experience.
2017-6-6
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Lobstah Mobstah Posted at 2017-6-6 05:11
Thank you for your help in this matter.  I have to say that DJI DOES have helpful, knowledgeable people.  You just have to seek them out.  I'm going to create a thread about my whole experience.

Truly appreciate your support and patience, we listen to all the feedback on social media and are learning from them, will work harder to improve so you will have a better experience with us.
2017-6-7
Use props
4wesomeAdam
lvl.4
United States

I wonder if all the flooding around the country slowed the transit times. Good luck. You had to pay freight? Is the unit not under warranty? Maine would be a great place to get video.
2017-6-7
Use props
Lobstah Mobstah
Second Officer
United States

4wesomeAdam Posted at 2017-6-7 04:28
I wonder if all the flooding around the country slowed the transit times. Good luck. You had to pay freight? Is the unit not under warranty? Maine would be a great place to get video.

I didn't have to pay freight.  They expedited shipping for free.  I was told that it wasn't under warranty because I didn't inquire about it.  I was in such a hurry to get my Mavic back that I didn't think to question it until later, then was told it was too late.  I typed out a very long post about my whole experience but I'm having trouble posting it.  I ended up cutting it into parts.  You can read the whole post here:  http://forum.dji.com/thread-99205-1-1.html
2017-6-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules