iPhone 6 Plus won't connect to Mavic Pro Remote Controller
10417 11 2017-5-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansbf4545ab
New
Singapore

The link of video is exactly the problem that I am facing

I bought my DJI Mavic Pro on last week 19/05/2017 and having the problem. My iPhone 6 plus (ios 9.3.1) with installed DJI go 4 (version4.0.8) won't connect to Mavic Pro Remote Controller.

Things I have tried:
- Uninstall + install DJI Go 4
- Plug + Unplug the cable

Please help? I saw more forum having same issues but none with a solution.

Thanks.
2017-5-24
Use props
Glideslope
lvl.1
Flight distance : 38655 ft
United States

Move the Mavic. You have Magnetic Interference. It won't connect with this.
2017-5-24
Use props
fansbf4545ab
New
Singapore

Glideslope Posted at 2017-5-24 03:30

I tried to move to outdoor and still the same.. I am thinking is it the ios problem? I am currently in version 9.3.1
2017-5-24
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Could be something as simple as a bad cable. Unplug the DJI remote's Lightening cable and take the one you got with your iPhone, plug it into the bottom USB port and see if it works.

UPDATE: I see you already tried that -- I've read of a few people who had lint/debris in their lightening sockets that caused connection problems, so that might be something else to check out if you haven't already considered that.

What is causing the magnetic interferance? I've only seen that warning once when landing on a metal road plate.

2017-5-24
Use props
Glideslope
lvl.1
Flight distance : 38655 ft
United States

fansbf4545ab Posted at 2017-5-24 07:16
I tried to move to outdoor and still the same.. I am thinking is it the ios problem? I am currently in version 9.3.1

Well I run iOS 10.2.2.  I don't use the pass through clip on the remote grip for the lightning connection. Even the slightest movement would cause my phone to disconnect. Once I went the rout of of a straight out cable plugged into the bottom USB I have not had a single disconnect. I do use an Anker Braided 10" USB to Lightning Cable.

One caveat. I keep the stock Mini Connector in place on the controller to keep the port clean for charging.

This must be unplugged at startup for the controller to recognize the USB on the bottom as the input. One the connection is established I reattach the Mini Plug (there is no longer a Lightning Port on the other end.) Use must do this each time you boot the the connection.
2017-5-25
Use props
fansbf4545ab
New
Singapore

Glideslope Posted at 2017-5-24 03:30

It's worked for me after I updated to latest ios version. Thank so much ! Cheers

2017-5-25
Use props
fansbf4545ab
New
Singapore

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-5-24 11:11
Could be something as simple as a bad cable. Unplug the DJI remote's Lightening cable and take the one you got with your iPhone, plug it into the bottom USB port and see if it works.

UPDATE: I see you already tried that -- I've read of a few people who had lint/debris in their lightening sockets that caused connection problems, so that might be something else to check out if you haven't already considered that.

It's worked for me after I updated to latest ios version. Thank so much ! Cheers

2017-5-25
Use props
fansbf4545ab
New
Singapore

Glideslope Posted at 2017-5-25 03:07
Well I run iOS 10.2.2.  I don't use the pass through clip on the remote grip for the lightning connection. Even the slightest movement would cause my phone to disconnect. Once I went the rout of of a straight out cable plugged into the bottom USB I have not had a single disconnect. I do use an Anker Braided 10" USB to Lightning Cable.

One caveat. I keep the stock Mini Connector in place on the controller to keep the port clean for charging.

2017-5-25
Use props
borse2008
lvl.2
United States

Firstly why are you still running an iOS firmware which is 13 months old.
March 31, 2016; 13 months ago 9.3.1

Its works pefectly in iOS 10

2017-5-26
Use props
ChosenIdea
lvl.1
Canada

borse2008 Posted at 2017-5-26 02:45
Firstly why are you still running an iOS firmware which is 13 months old.
March 31, 2016; 13 months ago 9.3.1

I've got a iPhone 6s Plus running the latest iOS. No luck connecting to the controller at all. Redownloaded the app several times now, as well as having tried many different cables. Great experience with my first DJI product.
2017-6-28
Use props
fans599085b0
lvl.1
Taiwan

Hi ,
I had the same problem for 2 months. Suddenly I needed to repair the llightning connector as my phone did not charge anymore.

Although data everything was ok before (so on my mac etc). after this repair my mavic worked again.

Conclusion. Although it might seems that your iphone plus or others works correctly on data and power, it still might be that the lightning is broken which prevents the mavic working with the iphone plus or others.

Yes it is strange, but anyway after the repair no issue anymore.

2017-9-1
Use props
luismachadoreis
lvl.1
Flight distance : 32772 ft
Brazil

Hey folks

I got this problem after update my iPhone 6 Plus to iOS 11.1.

First it started to hang/crash when start to record videos ... (since last Sunday 11/5) ... and today (11/12) it stopped to recognize iPhone X RC connection on DJI Go.

After get the head in pain, frustration and furious, I started to investigate what happened and my conclusion was:

A) update firmware using DJI Go is a crap - don’t do this!

B) iOS 11.1 really doesn’t work with DJI Go.

So I started a try/fail session to test several situations and finally I got a good result with this:

Hey folks

Update about my case:

Todas o got a new issue on my iPhone 6 Plus ... it stopped to be detected by DJI Go.

Then I start to test several situations and here is my fix:

1. Updated to iOS 11.1.1
2. Drop DJI Go
3. Install DJI Go again
(It doesn’t worked)
4. Downgraded firmware version for Mavic and RC through Assistant
5. Power cycle
(It doesn’t worked again)
6. Turned off Rc and Mavic
7. Upgrades firmware on Mavic and RC using Assistant
8. Worked
2017-11-12