brand new mavic huge camera problems
2596 18 2017-5-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans87d1c6fa
lvl.2
Flight distance : 327497 ft
Australia

Brand new mavic, taken it for a few small test flights, and coming from a phantom 2 with gopro 4 black, 2 years flying, so i am reasonably familiar with  drones.
I have calibrated the IMU a number of times.
Calibrated the donward sensors and the gimbal
Updated and refreshed the hardware
calibrated compass
sandisk extreme pro 8GB
went for a flight this morning got the first horrible video
second vieo this afternoon was a bit better inititally after a gimbal calibration just before flying, but the horrible flickering shaking returned
shooting at 720 25 fps PAL
ive tried watching the gimbal and there is no visible shaking that i can observe
also have taken the props on and off, and the gimbal is seated under the tabs as I have already checked this forum...

Im guessing  my drone needs to be returned?

2017-5-24
Use props
Mcflying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 243753 ft
Netherlands

Have you checked your gimbal plate?
See this video to check it

2017-5-24
Use props
simsurf
lvl.2
Australia

Mcflying Posted at 2017-5-24 01:48
Have you checked your gimbal plate?
See this video to check it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFdbG3Xr1aQ

yes as stated in my OP "and the gimbal is seated under the tabs as I have already checked this forum"

Ive tried everything i think????
2017-5-24
Use props
Holteng
New
Flight distance : 38143 ft
Norway

Hello!
Maybe you have the same problem that I have. See my post here: http://forum.dji.com/thread-97172-1-1.html
2017-5-24
Use props
FlyingSmasher
lvl.2
France

Another dancing mavic. Return to store for a refund a get a new one!
2017-5-24
Use props
simsurf
lvl.2
Australia

Holteng Posted at 2017-5-24 05:39
Hello!
Maybe you have the same problem that I have. See my post here: http://forum.dji.com/thread-97172-1-1.html

hmmm I have never crashed mine and i have receive no error messages...
2017-5-24
Use props
simsurf
lvl.2
Australia

calibrated gimbal again today and tried, still glitching!

no comments from DJI?
2017-5-24
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

Have you tried any video with the original SD card?
2017-5-24
Use props
Bent Kangaroo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 362510 ft
Australia

What does it do when shooting in anything other than the most poverty stricken resolution on the Mavic?
2017-5-24
Use props
simsurf
lvl.2
Australia

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-5-24 21:31
Have you tried any video with the original SD card?

no, my sandisk etxtreme is vastly superior to the generic card it was shipped with?
2017-5-25
Use props
simsurf
lvl.2
Australia

Bent Kangaroo Posted at 2017-5-24 21:39
What does it do when shooting in anything other than the most poverty stricken resolution on the Mavic?

the last video was in 2.7k 25 FPS i think..
2017-5-25
Use props
Bent Kangaroo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 362510 ft
Australia

simsurf Posted at 2017-5-25 00:36
no, my sandisk etxtreme is vastly superior to the generic card it was shipped with?

Is it a U3 rating?
The shipping SD card should be 16Gb U3 rated for hi transfer.

My internet is limited so viewing YT in 144p at the moment but your shimmy is still quite visible. Maybe why i didnt see difference in low and higher res vid. hehe

I had a similar stammer in some footage i took after formatting a SD card in the Mavic. I removed and formatted on PC and it was 100%. Not sure if it was the format or simply re-seating the SD card that made the difference.
It would be good to rule out such things before boxing it up to send in for repairs.
Good luck.
2017-5-25
Use props
simsurf
lvl.2
Australia

you did get me thinking for a sec! but i checked the card that shipped with it (some panasonic one) from the first flight the night after it arrived and i realised something wasnt right!

DJI_0004 - Copy.jpg
2017-5-25
Use props
simsurf
lvl.2
Australia

Oh well i got three cards formatted and i'll try again tomorrow, but if that doesnt I think i will have to accept i got  a lemon{:4_154:}
cards.jpeg
2017-5-25
Use props
Griffith
Second Officer
Flight distance : 98537 ft
United States

Are you looking at video from the card or phone video?  The shaking does not appear to be mechanical, but more like a processing/conversion problem - dropping the first few bytes of a horizontal line causing it to shift.  Memory writing problems typically show up as dropped or partially dropped frames.  

So, not a gimbal problem.  If the video is coming from your phone, it's the likely culprit (common in older phones and notepads).  If the video is off the SD card (and the card is up to spec), then the problem is likely in the Mavic.
2017-5-25
Use props
fans94d51e9e
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2362 ft
Germany

Hi,

i got the same problem. I do anything but nothing happen, the problem was still there.

Now you can write some messages in this forum but the only thing what can help is "call the dji support", then send it back and the problem will be fixed in may be 2 to 4 weeks. All other things is just wasting time. The changing process takes time so relax and contact dji immediately.

Wish you a fast replacement and have fun.
2017-5-25
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

I am lost here as some others have added their problems on your thread.
If the original SD card that came with the Mavic has the same issues, and you have tried it in other resolutions and all video from the SD cards is like these then you should contact support and take it from there.
2017-5-25
Use props
simsurf
lvl.2
Australia

Griffith Posted at 2017-5-25 06:13
Are you looking at video from the card or phone video?  The shaking does not appear to be mechanical, but more like a processing/conversion problem - dropping the first few bytes of a horizontal line causing it to shift.  Memory writing problems typically show up as dropped or partially dropped frames.  

So, not a gimbal problem.  If the video is coming from your phone, it's the likely culprit (common in older phones and notepads).  If the video is off the SD card (and the card is up to spec), then the problem is likely in the Mavic.

the video is directly downloaded from the sd card,....dont even get me started on the quality of the app for android! Saving that for another post when i get a working mavic!
2017-5-25
Use props
simsurf
lvl.2
Australia

fans94d51e9e Posted at 2017-5-25 06:38
Hi,

i got the same problem. I do anything but nothing happen, the problem was still there.

yes i have been in contact with DJI to return the mavic..
2017-5-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules