DJI P3S with Samsung Note II
1164 8 2017-5-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gaderas
New

Lithuania

Hi!

I have seen similar topics regarding this issue where DJI GO does not show live feed on Note II, but no resolution. Maybe someone figured out a workaround so that you could use Samsung Galaxy Note II with DJI Go app and see the live feed? So far I tried DJI Go and Litchi with my DJI Phantom 3 Standard drone and I can use all the functions, however I cannot see the live feed, which is probably the most important feature.

I found a "workaround" for Litchi, which recommends turning "Hardware Encoding" option off, but the problem is that in my app, there is no such function at all. So I still see a black screen either on DJI Go or Samsung Note II. The drones live feed works perfectly with an iPhone 6 (my friend gave it for a try), so I know that it's not the drones problem. Also I tried downloading an earlier version of DJI Go, but it forces me to update (even if I'm not connected to the internet).

Any suggestions?
2017-5-24
Use props
Gaderas
New

Lithuania

Anyone at all?
2017-5-25
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

You need to get a better device, the Note II is too old and slow to run the the app. Choose one from this list:

iOS:
iPhone 5s, iPhone SE, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4 and iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular.  
This app is optimized for iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus.

Android:
Samsung S7 edge, Samsung S7, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Samsung tabs 705c, Ascend Mate 9, Ascend Mate 7, Huawei Honor 8, Huawei P8 Max, Vivo X7, Xiaomi 5, MI 3, Google Nexus 6p, Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, LG V20, Sony Xperia Z3, Smartisan T1.
2017-5-26
Use props
Mitch mitchell3
lvl.3
Flight distance : 254190 ft
United Kingdom

Hi i have the note 4 works fine
2017-5-26
Use props
Gaderas
New

Lithuania

Mitch mitchell3 Posted at 2017-5-26 02:14
Hi i have the note 4 works fine

I'm thinking of getting a Note 4. Is the live feed laggy for Note 4 or is it smooth enough?
2017-5-29
Use props
Mitch mitchell3
lvl.3
Flight distance : 254190 ft
United Kingdom

nice and smooth no problems at all
2017-6-3
Use props
Oldsailor80
lvl.1
Flight distance : 19498 ft
United States

I have tried three phones, a Nexus 6, Nexus 6P and A Galaxy Note2. The two Nexus phones say disconnected. The Note 2 connects but the screen is black (I saw the comment above that it is too old and too slow}. I can take photos and videos. I just cannot see what I am doing. The photos I can see on the phone. The videos I can see the first shot, but the video does not show on the phone. When I put the card in my computer I can view the videos. The Nexus 6 is running Android 7.0. The Nexus 6P is running 7.1.2.  I am using the DJI Go app 3.1.5 for drones before P4.  The reviews of the app are generally lousy. Is there an app that works?
2017-6-5
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

You may dload an older version of Go app on apkmirror. The 2 Nexus6 have active WLAN modules and enough RAM?
2017-6-5
Use props
Oldsailor80
lvl.1
Flight distance : 19498 ft
United States

Oldsailor80 Posted at 2017-6-5 07:30
I have tried three phones, a Nexus 6, Nexus 6P and A Galaxy Note2. The two Nexus phones say disconnected. The Note 2 connects but the screen is black (I saw the comment above that it is too old and too slow}. I can take photos and videos. I just cannot see what I am doing. The photos I can see on the phone. The videos I can see the first shot, but the video does not show on the phone. When I put the card in my computer I can view the videos. The Nexus 6 is running Android 7.0. The Nexus 6P is running 7.1.2.  I am using the DJI Go app 3.1.5 for drones before P4.  The reviews of the app are generally lousy. Is there an app that works?

On another thread, I read that someone with a one plus 2 had to turn off 4G data. I did that on my
Nexus  6 and it worked. I have camera view and I can play back videos on the phone.
2017-6-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules