Phantom 3 Standard - Issues
1436 5 2017-5-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fanscc51c021
New
Flight distance : 25030 ft
United States

I am a newbie and the drone has been flying pretty good. Although it has started to act unpredictable after a flight last evening. I hit the home button on the DJI go app and the drone returned to home. When it landed the propellers started to shut off but then 2 propellers started back up then all 4 and the drone tipped over on the propellers and was running full speed. I was abel to pick it up and turn the battery off to stop the drone. I flew it for another test run and once it took off it should have hovered about 4 feet in the air but it just steadily climbed and I had a hard time getting it back to the ground. I then recharged the battery, and controller. I proceeded to do another tesdt flight after I calibrated the drone. It still is acting on its own. Not sure what tot do at this point. Does anyone have any thoughts or steps I should consider. (Also I checked the drone and it was not damaged accept 1 propeller was slightly damaged at the end. Approx. 1/16" inch.)
2017-5-24
Use props
kmastro66
lvl.3
United States

You could try doing a cold IMU calibration.  Perhaps sensors need adjusting.
2017-5-24
Use props
Gerardo Rejec
lvl.3
Flight distance : 120141 ft
United States

Have you recently performed a firmware update? and if so, did you calibrate the IMU after updating the drone?   if you have not done any of this, I would first start out with an IMU calibration. Make sure it is on a flat surface
2017-5-24
Use props
fanscc51c021
New
United States

I did do a firware update and it was sucessful. However I did not do a IMU calibration after the firmware update. I did however try to calibrate the drone. The horizontal calibration was accepted but  I could not calibrate the vertical calibration no matter what I tried. Thanks for your ideas I appreciate it.
2017-5-24
Use props
fanscc51c021
New
United States

fanscc51c021 Posted at 2017-5-24 07:10
I did do a firware update and it was sucessful. However I did not do a IMU calibration after the firmware update. I did however try to calibrate the drone. The horizontal calibration was accepted but  I could not calibrate the vertical calibration no matter what I tried. Thanks for your ideas I appreciate it.

2017-5-24
Use props
WD9EON
Second Officer
Flight distance : 686886 ft
United States

fanscc51c021 Posted at 2017-5-24 09:42

What is this "horizontal" and "vertical" calibration?  You must be talking about compass calibration?
The IMU calibration must be done on a level surface and it needs to be done while the drone is cool or you will have long warm up times.
2017-5-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules