Mavic and Playsation 3
743 9 2017-5-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans4d4b7faf
New
Turkey

Hi folk,
I am trying to copy all my videos to my playstation 3 wich is very reasonable for me. All mpg4 vidoes from Gopro Hero 3 are competible with PS3 but it is not true for DJI Mavic Pro. anyone know the reason ? how can I load my Mavic videos to PS3 ?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Cheers

Can
2017-5-24
Use props
I am the E
lvl.4
  • >>>
France

It should be the same process. Plug AC in the USB port and on the main screen of the PS3 you should see it under video.
2017-5-24
Use props
Mari
First Officer
Flight distance : 1308780 ft
Netherlands

Download the videos from you Mavic onto your phone/tablet, then store them on you PS3.
2017-5-24
Use props
fans4d4b7faf
New
Turkey

Mari Posted at 2017-5-24 08:01
Download the videos from you Mavic onto your phone/tablet, then store them on you PS3.

Thanks for the replay. How to connect tablet or phone to PS3 ? Wifi cable ?
2017-5-25
Use props
Mari
First Officer
Flight distance : 1308780 ft
Netherlands

2017-5-25
Use props
randy.sauder
Second Officer
Flight distance : 872572 ft
Canada

The reason why you can't is that while you can STORE them on your PS3, you can't PLAY them all.  This is because the software that the PS3 uses (it's firmware) does not support all the formats  required to play them.  PS3 should be able to play any MP4 file that is encoded at 1080/30 but not the other resolutions (and fps)  including 2.7k and 4K.  Hope that makes sense: the PS3 can store any file, but that does not mean that the file format can be viewed/played...
2017-5-26
Use props
randy.sauder
Second Officer
Canada

randy.sauder Posted at 2017-5-26 20:00
The reason why you can't is that while you can STORE them on your PS3, you can't PLAY them all.  This is because the software that the PS3 uses (it's firmware) does not support all the formats  required to play them.  PS3 should be able to play any MP4 file that is encoded at 1080/30 but not the other resolutions (and fps)  including 2.7k and 4K.  Hope that makes sense: the PS3 can store any file, but that does not mean that the file format can be viewed/played...

Said differently, MP4 is the 'container' that stores your video file.  But your PS3 may not play what is inside the container, only if the data is  compatible- and this depends on what video Codecs (software) the PS3 is capable of playing.  An MP4 with a 1080/30 file will play, higher resolutions will not.
2017-5-26
Use props
randy.sauder
Second Officer
Canada

randy.sauder Posted at 2017-5-26 20:07
Said differently, MP4 is the 'container' that stores your video file.  But your PS3 may not play what is inside the container, only if the data is  compatible- and this depends on what video Codecs (software) the PS3 is capable of playing.  An MP4 with a 1080/30 file will play, higher resolutions will not.

and (Finally) to help you further, if you have any video that will not play, your may convert it to a PS3 compatible format using a video transcoder such as "VLC".  Run it through VLC, convert the file then save this file to your PS3- problem solved ...you will have all your Mavic videos on your PS3 in a playable format.
2017-5-26
Use props
randy.sauder
Second Officer
Canada

randy.sauder Posted at 2017-5-26 20:14
and (Finally) to help you further, if you have any video that will not play, your may convert it to a PS3 compatible format using a video transcoder such as "VLC".  Run it through VLC, convert the file then save this file to your PS3- problem solved ...you will have all your Mavic videos on your PS3 in a playable format.

Sorry, last post I promise: If I may suggest a better, more efficient way to do what you are doing....

1). Store all your videos on your computer. This is better because if/when you run out of space on a hard drive, you can just add another one (can't easily add multiple drives to the PS3...)

2.  ACCESS / play all your videos thru your PS3 (you can store them on your computer and the PS3).  You do this by installing a Media Player on your computer. I use Servio.  You can also use Plex.  Very easy to set up.  Then when you do this, you access Servio on your PS3 (search for Media Server...), select your video file and then Servio will automatically in the background and in realtime convert any file that the PS3 cannot play.  Saves you lots of time b/c you don't have to convert and store them on your PS3 as your computer will do all the work for you...
2017-5-26
Use props
fans4d4b7faf
New
Turkey

randy.sauder Posted at 2017-5-26 20:25
Sorry, last post I promise: If I may suggest a better, more efficient way to do what you are doing....

1). Store all your videos on your computer. This is better because if/when you run out of space on a hard drive, you can just add another one (can't easily add multiple drives to the PS3...)

Thank you very much for detailed answers and explanation i ll do as soon as possible...
Can
2017-5-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules