Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Is the Mavic getting QuickShot/Rocket/Dronie/Helix?
12Next >
15138 59 2017-5-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CynicalZombie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 179813 ft
United States

Watching the live event... is the Mavic getting QuickShot/Rocket/Dronie/Helix an the upcoming update?
2017-5-24
Use props
CynicalZombie
lvl.4
United States

I want my Mavic to also get Pano and ShallowFocus
2017-5-24
Use props
thehippoz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

Heelix can be done through waypoints on mavic Litchi. Pano Litchi. I thought the spark was going to be a racing type but it's a dobby.
2017-5-24
Use props
joanvm 6
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2038698 ft
Spain

I hope they'll will, although they are "easily" achievable with some practice. For helix like shots, I preset a POI/active track close tho the subject and then I start modifying the distance and altitude with the sticks as it goes around.
2017-5-24
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

It's quite the little baby.

Overview
Spark's remote controller features a brand new Wi-Fi signal transmission system, capable of controlling the aircraft* and gimbal camera at a maximum transmission range of 1.2 mi (2 km).** The remote controller can connect to a mobile device wirelessly and display a live video feed via the DJI GO 4 app. Its folding clamps allow you to attach your mobile device securely. Maximum remote controller battery life is 2.5 hours approximately.***

*The Spark remote controller is currently only compatible with Spark aircraft.
**The remote controller can reach its maximum transmission distance (FCC) in a wide open area with no electro-magnetic interference and at an altitude of about 120 meters.
***The maximum working time should be taken for reference only.
Highlights
Video transmission range of up to 1.2mi (2km).
Max speed of up to 31 mph (50 kph) in Sport Mode.
In the Box
Spark - Remote Controller × 1
Specifications
Operating Frequencies: 2.412-2.462 GHz, 5.745-5.825 GHz
Max Transmission Distance (unobstructed, free of interference):
2.4 GHz: 1.2 mi (2 km, FCC), 0.31 mi (0.5 km, CE), 0.31 mi (0.5 km, SRRC)
5.8 GHz: 1.2 mi (2 km, FCC), 0.19 mi (0.3 km, CE), 0.75 mi (1.2 km, SRRC)
Operating Temperature Range: 32°F to 104°F (0°C to 40°C)
Built-in Battery: 2970 mAh
Transmitter Power (EIRP):
2.4 GHz: 26 dbm (FCC), 18 dBm (CE), 18 dBm (SRRC)
5.8 GHz: 28 dbm (FCC), 14 dBm (CE), 26 dBm (SRRC)
Operating Voltage: 950 mA, 3.7 V
Supported Mobile Device Size: Thickness supported: 6.5 mm-8.5 mm
Max length: 160 mm
Compatibility
Spark
2017-5-24
Use props
thehippoz
lvl.4
United States

Check out iphonedo review. It's a lot better than thought. I'm considering buying one.
2017-5-24
Use props
Jimmers
lvl.4
Flight distance : 49623 ft
United States

It would be nice if they added these new intelligent flight modes.  I'm still learning so I'm not quite at the point of being able to achieve them on my own yet.
2017-5-24
Use props
Griffith
lvl.4
Flight distance : 98537 ft
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-5-24 09:29
It's quite the little baby.

Overview

Couldn't tell for sure, but is the RC included in the FlyMore package?
2017-5-24
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Griffith Posted at 2017-5-24 10:49
Couldn't tell for sure, but is the RC included in the FlyMore package?

Yes it does.
2017-5-24
Use props
fans8c339fa3
New

Germany

+1 - I'd like to have those modes too!
2017-5-25
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

fans8c339fa3 Posted at 2017-5-25 00:41
+1 - I'd like to have those modes too!

Maybe they will come with next update, but no one will have them because they afraid to do update.
2017-5-25
Use props
trica de
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1062090 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

same here - sounds for me like new stuff in the go app hopefully they add it for the mavic as well
2017-5-25
Use props
fans2d7d9047
lvl.1
Flight distance : 563724 ft
Australia

joanvm 6 Posted at 2017-5-24 09:18
I hope they'll will, although they are "easily" achievable with some practice. For helix like shots, I preset a POI/active track close tho the subject and then I start modifying the distance and altitude with the sticks as it goes around.

It's not really about if it's easily achievable. It's more about capturing epic self-footage, rather than looking like a dork holding a controller and checking what's the drone doing.
2017-5-25
Use props
Njw83
lvl.3
Flight distance : 89767 ft
United Kingdom

Whats helix?
2017-5-25
Use props
V_kingo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 310157 ft
Chile

The Intelligent Flight Modes of DJI Spark
2017-5-25
Use props
Ozmo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1423061 ft
United States

With no rear sensors - Id be nervous of some of those automated fly-backwards flight modes. On both the Spark and the Mavic if it gets them.
2017-5-25
Use props
Maxi3D
lvl.4
Flight distance : 307621 ft
  • >>>
United States

thehippoz Posted at 2017-5-24 08:03
Heelix can be done through waypoints on mavic Litchi. Pano Litchi. I thought the spark was going to be a racing type but it's a dobby.

I like my Dobby, it's a zippy flyer, but the battery sucks.  Once Whenever I get my Spark, I will have a race between Dobby and Spark.
2017-5-25
Use props
thehippoz
lvl.4
United States

Maxi3D Posted at 2017-5-25 05:42
I like my Dobby, it's a zippy flyer, but the battery sucks.  Once I got my Spark I will have a race between Dobby and Spark.

Race of the Chinese drones I'm not sure dobby is in the same class after watching reviews. Wait and see guess.
2017-5-25
Use props
Maxi3D
lvl.4
Flight distance : 307621 ft
  • >>>
United States

thehippoz Posted at 2017-5-25 08:53
Race of the Chinese drones  I'm not sure dobby is in the same class after watching reviews. Wait and see guess.

The Chinese drones. Are there others?
2017-5-25
Use props
fans5976d82a
lvl.1
Flight distance : 218140 ft
Canada

Dear DJI.  Please please please PLEASE add "Rocket", "Helix", and "Dronie" to the DJI Go app for the Mavic Pro.    PLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEE!
2017-5-25
Use props
thehippoz
lvl.4
United States

Maxi3D Posted at 2017-5-25 09:43
The Chinese drones. Are there others?

I know right. The dobby from what seen in reviews is just a digital stabilized camera, no gimbal.

I was thinking of getting a Spark, still waiting on real users to see though. 15 min flight time maybe like the mavics 27.
2017-5-25
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

I don't think these features will be available soon for mavic, after all they are Spark USP, unique selling point, if they were immediately available for Mavic dji may see a drop in sales, when mavic was first introduced same question was asked about P4 getting upgraded to tripod etc, and yes P4 did get upgraded but 4 months later, I for one think this is fair, lots of people will buy Spark for its uniqueness and it's only fair it has its day in the Sun
2017-5-25
Use props
Scott7161
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Funny, I just asked this question too!  We think alike...
2017-5-25
Use props
GLvdWalt
New
Flight distance : 12989 ft
South Africa

Sad, mavic didnt get the new features
2017-5-27
Use props
CamNYC
lvl.2
Flight distance : 55253 ft
United States

GLvdWalt Posted at 2017-5-27 01:04
Sad, mavic didnt get the new features

I know... I do hope the MAvic does get the new modes though. And as for "competition", it shouldn't be seen as such, as we're all DJI consumers/clients, and we're all going to continue to spend money on their products as long as we're happy customers. Limiting technology from a product they own just to artificially create "uniqueness" is a debatable strategy that might backfire if consumers see themselves unfairly treated. And the plus would be only if they were trying to sell the Spark to Mavic / Phantom owners. As is, and judging from the current response, the Spark will be a huge success, and caters to a huge chunk of new consumers. DJI doesn't NEED to withhold tech from Mavic owners (who btw paid twice as much for their drones...)

The only question I'd have was one brought up on another forum: what is exactly in that "3D sensor" of the spark? Because "3D" is usually something achieved by two cameras, and the mavic has those two forward-facing cameras. the spark might have more than two under that little bar, but even so I'd wager the Magic has more than enough under its hood to make those special modes work just fine. I for one would also like to control the Magic using hand gestures, which would complement nicely the "gesture mode" of the Mavic, which to me has remained more of a promise than anything practical, since it's wave your arms to "confirm" distance, and wave arms again plus "selfie-if-I-see-it" to snap a picture. I doubt many people with a Mavic controller find that mode useful. Now if we could put the controller down and guide the Mavic with our hands, that'd be a whole different game...
2017-5-28
Use props
TekSone
lvl.1
Flight distance : 124226 ft
  • >>>
United States

The QuickShot Intelligent Flight Modes on the Spark look like they will be easy to do on the Mavic Pro. The "Rocket" can be done by just sending the quad straight up in the air with the camera pointed straight down. The "Dronie" is flying backward and upward at the same time with the camera locked on a subject. This can be done by holding the left stick all the way up for fast ascent and holding the right stick all the way down for fast backward flight. You can also achieve this with waypoints.  The "Circle" is where you circle around your target. It is on the Mavic Pro already via Active Track. Put subject in camera's view > focus > hit record > open Active Track on the Intelligent Flight Mode screen > select target & hit go > select orbit speed in the direction (clockwise or counter-clockwise) you want to track. I hit record as the first step because the Mavic Pro will start to move as soon as you select the orbit speed and direction. The "Helix" under the QuickShot Intelligent Flight Mode is when you fly upward spiraling around your subject. On the Mavic Pro this can be done with waypoints or by presetting a POI/active track close to the subject and then start modifying the distance and altitude with the sticks as it goes around subject. Gonna go out and practice a little more and put the videos up on my YouTube channel. Yeah, sure it will be a lot easier on the Spark with a preset selection. I'd rather get the practice of doing it manually though, never know when you'll be using another quad without the Spark features.
2017-5-28
Use props
TekSone
lvl.1
Flight distance : 124226 ft
  • >>>
United States

TekSone Posted at 2017-5-28 09:06
The QuickShot Intelligent Flight Modes on the Spark look like they will be easy to do on the Mavic Pro. The "Rocket" can be done by just sending the quad straight up in the air with the camera pointed straight down. The "Dronie" is flying backward and upward at the same time with the camera locked on a subject. This can be done by holding the left stick all the way up for fast ascent and holding the right stick all the way down for fast backward flight. You can also achieve this with waypoints.  The "Circle" is where you circle around your target. It is on the Mavic Pro already via Active Track. Put subject in camera's view > focus > hit record > open Active Track on the Intelligent Flight Mode screen > select target & hit go > select orbit speed in the direction (clockwise or counter-clockwise) you want to track. I hit record as the first step because the Mavic Pro will start to move as soon as you select the orbit speed and direction. The "Helix" under the QuickShot Intelligent Flight Mode is when you fly upward spiraling around your subject. On the Mavic Pro this can be done with waypoints or by presetting a POI/active track close to the subject and then start modifying the distance and altitude with the sticks as it goes around subject. Gonna go out and practice a little more and put the videos up on my YouTube channel. Yeah, sure it will be a lot easier on the Spark with a preset selection. I'd rather get the practice of doing it manually though, never know when you'll be using another quad without the Spark features.

The Helix is very close to the "Circle" feature adding a slow upward climb or downward descent.
2017-5-28
Use props
iXaT1L7l4dPc
lvl.1
Flight distance : 159308 ft
United States

As one of the first Mavic owners who waiting months for my order this would be a great way to make it up to us by adding these modes.
2017-5-28
Use props
fans6f70dc92
New
Flight distance : 5410 ft
Netherlands

Nope, no new flying for the mavic ...

Thank you for contacting DJI Support.

The Flying modes for the Spark are for the spark only, these modes will not be shared with the Mavic.
This could change in the Future, but this won't be the case yet.

I hope to have informed you enough.

Thanks for choosing DJI

With kind regards,

2017-6-13
Use props
jamesw
lvl.3
Flight distance : 169364 ft
Canada

I have to say, it is really BS that DJI won't include these intelligent modes in the MAVIC.

Here's why:
1. Within a product line, it's typical that the more premium product (Mavic) gets the firmware and software upgrades/features that the entry level product (Spark). This has been demonstrated by Apple, Tesla and many other leading hardware + software companies. The exception are old companies like Canon and Sony who have historically been bad at software and antagonistic to their customers w/ regard to incomapatibility issues between different products, as well as manufactured obsolescence (discontinuing cables/inputs/chargers/batteries).

2. Customers these days expect that the value of their purchase will increase beyond their initial purchase.  They look at their purchase as an investment and they expect that the company will support them throughout the life of the product.

If DJI doesn't plan on putting in these feature into the current Mavic then they plan on one of 2 things to happen.

1. They expect Mavic owners to also purchase Spark to get these features. This is highly unlikely as we have already spent $1400+ on our Mavics.

2. They will put these features into Mavic 2 and DJI expects that current Mavic owners will also buy the Mavic 2  (I'm guessing they will release this in November 2017). How many of us need 2 drones?  

2017-6-14
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

jamesw Posted at 2017-6-14 05:43
I have to say, it is really BS that DJI won't include these intelligent modes in the MAVIC.

Here's why:

I think it would be BS if they were to give these new features to Mavic, people who bought spark were enticed by many of the new features, would it be fair to them no it wouldn't ,just like Mavic when it came out first it had many new features, these were not available to phantom and phantom didn't get them until 11 months later.

There are many new features on new Apple iPhones which will not be ever passed on to older models.

There are many features on a Mavic which will never be seen on a Spark.

I think your being a bit dilusional if you think people think tech products will grow in value, most tech products are throw away after five years.

Also if you take a look at spark forum you will see that most purchasers of spark already Mavic owners.

However I do think that some of the new features will eventually find there way on to Mavic but this could be 6 months away.
2017-6-14
Use props
CynicalZombie
lvl.4
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-6-14 06:07
I think it would be BS if they were to give these new features to Mavic, people who bought spark were enticed by many of the new features, would it be fair to them no it wouldn't ,just like Mavic when it came out first it had many new features, these were not available to phantom and phantom didn't get them until 11 months later.

There are many new features on new Apple iPhones which will not be ever passed on to older models.

"There are many new features on new Apple iPhones which will not be ever passed on to older models."

Unless an older model is limited by its hardware, when the new version of iOS comes out yearly, the new software features from iOS are usually available to at least the last 2-3 versions. In a lot of cases, even further back.

All this is is software.  Every new mode the spark got seemingly should be able to run on the Mavic.  DJI should do what's right and update the Mavic with the modes from Spark.
2017-6-14
Use props
CynicalZombie
lvl.4
United States

jamesw Posted at 2017-6-14 05:43

Here's why:

"2. Customers these days expect that the value of their purchase will increase beyond their initial purchase.  They look at their purchase as an investment and they expect that the company will support them throughout the life of the product. "

For a lot of electronic stuff, I completely agree. My iPhone has had many software features added since the day I bought it.  I can say the same thing about my iPad, GoPro, UE Megaboom, Echo Dot, Hue Light bulbs, even my Samsung Smart TV.

What's gonna get me to buy a Mavic 2 when it comes out isn't extra software features, it's new hardware. Hopefully a better camera, less fragile gimbal, more sensors, better battery life, faster in P mode.

Also, when it comes to recent DJI history and software related issues, I think DJI should go out of their way to give us a reason to be happy about a firmware update.  Instead of the constant dread thats displayed in these forums.
2017-6-14
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

CynicalZombie Posted at 2017-6-14 06:39
"There are many new features on new Apple iPhones which will not be ever passed on to older models."

Unless an older model is limited by its hardware, when the new version of iOS comes out yearly, the new software features from iOS are usually available to at least the last 2-3 versions. In a lot of cases, even further back.

I understand it's software, it was the same with Mavic it had software features that the more expensive models phantom and inspire, dji did implement these to both these models but some eleven months later.
I think if all the software add ons were introduced to Mavic now then the spark would loose its USP and from a business point of view this would not make sense, I think the fact that dji does eventually pass these on shows they are interested and invested to all there products.
2017-6-14
Use props
jamesw
lvl.3
Canada

@hallmark007

It's not delusional to expect that the product you buy will get better with software upgrades and bug fixes. I own a Tesla and it get's better every 6 months.
This isn't the 80's where products were shrink-wrapped, shipped and sold and that's it.  
Products and software are iterative and get better as long as the hardware can keep up.
Here's how Tesla keeps on improving their current model w/ upgrades and bug fixes.
download.png
2017-6-14
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

jamesw Posted at 2017-6-14 07:16
@hallmark007

It's not delusional to expect that the product you buy will get better with software upgrades and bug fixes. I own a Tesla and it get's better every 6 months.

I must remember that when I'm selling my Mavic because of some software add ons and some firmware upgrades it will be worth more than I paid for it , although by then dji will have discounted the Mavic in price , but my secondhand one will be worth more.

Case in point P4 €1499 when first came out just over a year ago, much improved software, now new €1000, how much do you think a secondhand one would be worth , if we use your analogy it should now be worth say €1599, that's a result so (delusional).

Now you can you show me other tech products, but this forum is about drones, if you were talking about something else that's fine. But I'm talking about drones.
2017-6-14
Use props
jamesw
lvl.3
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-6-14 07:27
I must remember that when I'm selling my Mavic because of some software add ons and some firmware upgrades it will be worth more than I paid for it , although by then dji will have discounted the Mavic in price , but my secondhand one will be worth more.

Case in point P4 €1499 when first came out just over a year ago, much improved software, now new €1000, how much do you think a secondhand one would be worth , if we use your analogy it should now be worth say €1599, that's a result so (delusional).

I'm talking about what world leading hardware companies do. DJI could be one and they should probably take note of what Apple and Tesla does. They are pretty good at it.
2017-6-14
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

jamesw Posted at 2017-6-14 07:16
@hallmark007

Does it fly?
2017-6-14
Use props
OhOhDrone
lvl.3
Flight distance : 526076 ft
United States

Most of the new flight modes can be achieved with piloting the Mavic. Helix seems to be the most complicated and if it can be added as a flight mode then great. If not you just need to use point of interest and use the stick to raise the drone and back up at the same time to get the effect.

2017-6-14
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

jamesw Posted at 2017-6-14 07:33
I'm talking about what world leading hardware companies do. DJI could be one and they should probably take note of what Apple and Tesla does. They are pretty good at it.

Try selling back your iPhone 6 mac air etc to Apple see how muc they will offer you, yes cars with big improvements houses etc can always have the potential to improve with upgrades extensions, but we are talking about Mavic phantom here not the same thing,
2017-6-14
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules