Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Litchi or GO4 App?
1709 14 2017-5-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Swing4thering
New
United States

Until GO4 App is more stable, is Litchi a contender to use with the Mavic?  You will void warranty with DJI in the event something happens, but customer service may take forever to repair or send a refurb anyway.  So again, Litchi a better insurance program to use with the Mavic?
2017-5-24
Use props
thehippoz
Captain
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

Get Litchi for sure. It's worth the 25 bucks think spent on it.
2017-5-24
Use props
Ex Machina
Captain
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Where did you see that using Litchi would void your DJI warranty?
2017-5-24
Use props
Tombolian
Second Officer
Flight distance : 675958 ft
United States

thehippoz Posted at 2017-5-24 10:40
Get Litchi for sure. It's worth the 25 bucks think spent on it.

Why does the word 'think' appear in so many of your posts?  I'm thinking it's auto-correct but I want to understand what you're saying...
2017-5-24
Use props
thehippoz
Captain
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

Tombolian Posted at 2017-5-24 12:35
Why does the word 'think' appear in so many of your posts?  I'm thinking it's auto-correct but I want to understand what you're saying...

Just means don't remember exactly. It was around 25. I'm so used to shortening sentences, bad habit. {:4_177:}
2017-5-24
Use props
rydfree41
Second Officer
Flight distance : 153268 ft
United States

I've used Litchi since day one with no issues but whenever I've used Go4 it works also . I love the features that Litchi gives and much prefer using it . As far as I know using Litchi will not void the warranty but there may be an issue of not being able to supply the flight logs if you crash . If you're too concerned then wait till warranty is up then it doesn't matter anyway . I have State Farm Insurance so no big deal for me .
2017-5-24
Use props
I am the E
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Yes it will void the warranty if something happened that could have been prevented by using the GO4 and you chose to use a different app, not only Litchi, any app.
2017-5-24
Use props
Swing4thering
New
United States

Good info so far... I'm not seeing a lot of downside to Litchi other than spending money, but it may be well spent.  Just want to know that DJI will maintain a connection with my cellular iPad (no data... just using gps) as I won't be in a wifi spot.  
2017-5-24
Use props
ghost_ATX
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1277703 ft
United States

Swing4thering Posted at 2017-5-24 17:40
Good info so far... I'm not seeing a lot of downside to Litchi other than spending money, but it may be well spent.  Just want to know that DJI will maintain a connection with my cellular iPad (no data... just using gps) as I won't be in a wifi spot.

I switch between Litchi and DJI Go4 all the time. Never had a problem other than if you have one of the apps open you should make sure the other one is hard closed so they don't compete. I have switched between the two while my bird was hovering in the air (about 10 feet away from me - not anywhere dangerous). Opened Go4 and hard closed Litchi while hovering. I only did it because Litchi's video transmission was spotty at the time and I couldn't see what I was filming, which very rarely happens. I wouldn't recommend doing it on a regular basis, but my Mavic suffered no ill effects since the switch was quick enough before RTH kicked in. I use iOS btw. I also have AutoPilot but it's more cumbersome to learn to use so I haven't really used it.
2017-5-24
Use props
rydfree41
Second Officer
Flight distance : 153268 ft
United States

ghost_ATX Posted at 2017-5-24 18:53
I switch between Litchi and DJI Go4 all the time. Never had a problem other than if you have one of the apps open you should make sure the other one is hard closed so they don't compete. I have switched between the two while my bird was hovering in the air (about 10 feet away from me - not anywhere dangerous). Opened Go4 and hard closed Litchi while hovering. I only did it because Litchi's video transmission was spotty at the time and I couldn't see what I was filming, which very rarely happens. I wouldn't recommend doing it on a regular basis, but my Mavic suffered no ill effects since the switch was quick enough before RTH kicked in. I use iOS btw. I also have AutoPilot but it's more cumbersome to learn to use so I haven't really used it.

RTH will not kick in solely due to the app being closed or losing connection . The remote controller has control over the aircraft , the app is simply an interface for more functions .
2017-5-25
Use props
Ex Machina
Captain
United States

I am the E Posted at 2017-5-24 16:31
Yes it will void the warranty if something happened that could have been prevented by using the GO4 and you chose to use a different app, not only Litchi, any app.

Do you have a link somewhere to support that assertion?
I've yet to master Go 4 but plan on checking out some of the other full-featured apps at some point.
2017-5-26
Use props
Xman1
Second Officer

United States

rydfree41 Posted at 2017-5-25 08:44
RTH will not kick in solely due to the app being closed or losing connection . The remote controller has control over the aircraft , the app is simply an interface for more functions .

That is true unless the remote gets corrupted by the app in flight.

I have had the app crash and say disconnected and the remote lost half its functions along with it.  Only way to fix it I found was to pull the USB cable.  I promptly landed and rebooted the aircraft after that.
2017-5-26
Use props
I am the E
Second Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-5-26 08:33
Do you have a link somewhere to support that assertion?
I've yet to master Go 4 but plan on checking out some of the other full-featured apps at some point.

Sorry, I don't remember what thread it was. You can PM DJI Ken, he responded to one of the member few weeks ago who specifically asked about the issue.
2017-5-26
Use props
Ex Machina
Captain
United States

I am the E Posted at 2017-5-26 14:26
Sorry, I don't remember what thread it was. You can PM DJI Ken, he responded to one of the member few weeks ago who specifically asked about the issue.

K, thanks.
2017-5-26
Use props
I am the E
Second Officer
  • >>>
Austria

My pleasure! Enjoy your Memorial Holiday!

Remember the Fallen!
2017-5-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules