Is the Phantom 4 Pro Plus Supposed to Work??
4619 35 2017-5-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Heir InVioLable
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3963865 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Is the SD card slot on the RC controller supposed to work?  I have had my drone now since the launch and it has never worked.  So is it supposed to?  I just got it back from repair, believe I was given a refurbished unit,  and once again,  the SD card slot does not work and the horizon issues still remain--is there away to activate the SD card slot on RC?.  As well the firmware changes day to day.   Is anyone else having major issues with the Phantom 4 Pro Plus (NOT THE PRO) on a continuious basis?  I will note that I have calibrated everything nuts and bolts,  and am apparently up to date on my firmware (so says the drone half the time.).
2017-5-24
Use props
Dobmatt
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

What kind of issues you actually have with your drone? The SD card slot on RC controller is optional and can be used for RC firmware update with P4P+ setup, if I'm not mistaken. With P4P version it's disabled, I believe.
2017-5-24
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

What are you wanting the SD card to do with your controller?
You don't need it for anything.
You shouldn't need to calibrate anything either.
And the P4 pro flies just fine whether it has the latest firmware or last month's.
Just go out and fly.
2017-5-24
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

The SD card slot would be used for manual firmware updates, like Dobmatt mentioned. Could you please elaborate as to what other problems you're referring to regarding your unit as a whole?
2017-5-24
Use props
Heir InVioLable
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-5-24 14:59
The SD card slot would be used for manual firmware updates, like Dobmatt mentioned. Could you please elaborate as to what other problems you're referring to regarding your unit as a whole?

IS the SD Card which you put in the SD CARD SLOT on your Remote Controller on your Phantom 4 Pro+ supposed to capture drone footage through the camera?   It's really an extremely simple question and I'm sorry if I worded it confusingly.   Basically is the SD car slot supposed to work on my RC to store footage in the exact manner the SD card reader does on the P4Pro+ drone body?
2017-5-31
Use props
Heir InVioLable
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 2017-5-24 14:56

Right,  Hey you got something that doesn't work…?  Just go out and fly it man, welcome advice.
2017-5-31
Use props
gixxer_rydder
lvl.1
United States

Heir InVioLable Posted at 2017-5-31 08:13
IS the SD Card which you put in the SD CARD SLOT on your Remote Controller on your Phantom 4 Pro+ supposed to capture drone footage through the camera?   It's really an extremely simple question and I'm sorry if I worded it confusingly.   Basically is the SD car slot supposed to work on my RC to store footage in the exact manner the SD card reader does on the P4Pro+ drone body?

NO it is not
2017-5-31
Use props
Antonio76
Second Officer
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

Dobmatt Posted at 2017-5-24 14:28
What kind of issues you actually have with your drone? The SD card slot on RC controller is optional and can be used for RC firmware update with P4P+ setup, if I'm not mistaken. With P4P version it's disabled, I believe.

in the P4P+ the memody card slot between the micro USB port and the HDMI port can be used to increase the memory of the screen unit (Max 128 Gb), per the operating manual, page 9. In the NON +  RC this slot is simply not present...
2017-5-31
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Heir InVioLable Posted at 2017-5-31 08:16
Right,  Hey you got something that doesn't work…?  Just go out and fly it man, welcome advice.

Well Mr Thumbs Down,  what is it about your machine that doesn't work?
You haven't described any issues that affected flying?
2017-5-31
Use props
Heir InVioLable
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 2017-5-31 14:55
Well Mr Thumbs Down,  what is it about your machine that doesn't work?
You haven't described any issues that affected flying?

It seems as if Antonio76 was the only one who understood the question,  perhaps becuase he own the unit and was smart enough to  read the manual like I should have.

Labroids, Not trying to pick a fight but here is my first  post :
Is the (micro) SD card slot on the RC controller supposed to work?  I have had my drone now since the launch and it has never worked.  So is it supposed to?  I just got it back from repair, believe I was given a refurbished unit,  and once again,  the SD card slot does not work and the horizon issues still remain--is there away to activate the SD card slot on RC?.  As well the firmware changes day to day.   Is anyone else having major issues with the Phantom 4 Pro Plus (NOT THE PRO) on a continuious basis?  I will note that I have calibrated everything nuts and bolts,  and am apparently up to date on my firmware (so says the drone half the time.).
2017-5-31
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Heir InVioLable Posted at 2017-5-31 16:49
It seems as if Antonio76 was the only one who understood the question,  perhaps becuase he own the unit and was smart enough to  read the manual like I should have.

You had nothing that didn't work and my advice to just go out and fly it was quite appropriate.
2017-5-31
Use props
I am the E
lvl.4
  • >>>
Sweden

Don't mind Labby, he is always rude and grumpy... lol

You need to go into the setting and you need to mount the card first and when you scroll the menu you will see the size that is available. I have 64 gig mounted.

Now remember you need to UNMOUNT the card before you take it off or you will corrupt the data.

I don't have issue with the horizon but did you COLD IMU and then calibrated on a 100% leveled surface?

Good luck and Have fun!

2017-5-31
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

He trolls everyone, I'm not saying who but his name begins with labroides
2017-6-2
Use props
Antonio76
Second Officer
Denmark

I actually have a P4P NON Plus,  I just read the manual over and over again, and in the end something sticks to my memory  (This doesn't mean that I know it all and understand it all, of course...
2017-6-4
Use props
racer888
lvl.3
Flight distance : 99970 ft
United States

I also have the P4P+ and the SD card slot on the controller serves no purpose except to do a manual update. The SD card goes into the slot on the drone and that is where the video is recoded to. The controller screen will show you what is being recorded or pictures being taken but to veiw/edit the videos/pictures on your computer you need to remove the SD card from the drone and put it in that adapetr so the computer can read it. I also suggest you do not try to edit the videos using the built in editor on the controller as it will drive you nuts and do a lousey job. Get a decent video editor.
2017-6-4
Use props
Heir InVioLable
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

racer888 Posted at 2017-6-4 11:06
I also have the P4P+ and the SD card slot on the controller serves no purpose except to do a manual update. The SD card goes into the slot on the drone and that is where the video is recoded to. The controller screen will show you what is being recorded or pictures being taken but to veiw/edit the videos/pictures on your computer you need to remove the SD card from the drone and put it in that adapetr so the computer can read it. I also suggest you do not try to edit the videos using the built in editor on the controller as it will drive you nuts and do a lousey job. Get a decent video editor.

Thanks all,  I am well aware of grumplabroids.  He is harmless (I think).   It's good to see some of you guys back on the boards.
Thank you all for the info above.  At the moment I get absolutely NO/Silch/Zip out of this P4ProPlus card slot Doesn't read anything and never has, and doesn't perform in the manner of the above posters.  The monitor is always shutting down on me.  I shoot in 4K a lot and in the city where we do a lot of our work,  this drone,  on a good day will probably fly around 800 feet before dropping signal.  However,  and this is good news for those who perfer not to rely on DJI,  I went and bought simple clip on range extenders (as not to promote DM if you want the name),  and I got a top distance of over 9000ft in the country side  (NOT THE CITY, and yes we had spotters).  I will post some of the issuesI keep having with this Pro4Plus.  Keep in mind I am not having any of these issues with our Phantom 4 Pro Regular.  That actually seems to be a decent machine.  No complaints.
2017-6-5
Use props
Heir InVioLable
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I am the E Posted at 2017-5-31 19:03
Don't mind Labby, he is always rude and grumpy... lol

You need to go into the setting and you need to mount the card first and when you scroll the menu you will see the size that is available. I have 64 gig mounted.

I am the E, it sounds to me from the responses above to not realize that this is supposed be a mountable card via the rc micro port.  I suspect that DJI wouldn't just put a micro SD card slot on the back of the controller for no good reason and you just confirmed this.  However for those who have units who's RC micro sd card "port/reader" do not work,  how would they know if it ever did unless of course they…..read the manual,  assuming it's in there lol…..
And to clarify yes,  I have tried to internally find a way to activate/mount the port,  and even with your advice, no luck.
2017-6-5
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Heir InVioLable Posted at 2017-6-5 08:54
I am the E, it sounds to me from the responses above to not realize that this is supposed be a mountable card via the rc micro port.  I suspect that DJI wouldn't just put a micro SD card slot on the back of the controller for no good reason and you just confirmed this.  However for those who have units who's RC micro sd card "port/reader" do not work,  how would they know if it ever did unless of course they…..read the manual,  assuming it's in there lol…..
And to clarify yes,  I have tried to internally find a way to activate/mount the port,  and even with your advice, no luck.

Heir,
You can follow the pictures below:

Follow the steps in the order of each image title. I mounted 64GIG. Let me know if you have any other questions!

FOURTH STEP

FOURTH STEP

THIRD STEP

THIRD STEP

2ND STEP

2ND STEP

FIRST STEP

FIRST STEP
2017-6-5
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
Romania

Heir InVioLable Posted at 2017-6-5 08:54

Heir,

Mine was already mounted. So your screen should show "MOUNT" instead of "UNMOUNT". Also you can copy pictures and videos to the mounted SD CARD from the drone and the temp files.

Also you can mount up to three (3) SD CARDS, maybe they have them set up for future use???

2017-6-5
Use props
Heir InVioLable
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

dronist Posted at 2017-6-5 14:59
Heir,

Awesome!  Thank you,  I will try this today.
2017-6-13
Use props
CanonMax
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8953215 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Labroides Posted at 2017-5-24 14:56

I was wondering is I were the only one with a great functioning Phantom Pro 4...
I'm happy I'm NOT the only one.
Made several flights today, filming, testing speeds, all went well... 2 batteries almost at a stretch...

Take care and fly!

Max
2017-6-13
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Heir InVioLable Posted at 2017-6-13 11:16
Awesome!  Thank you,  I will try this today.

My pleasure! Let me know!
2017-6-14
Use props
15matjan
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1158258 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Antonio76 Posted at 2017-5-31 10:25
in the P4P+ the memody card slot between the micro USB port and the HDMI port can be used to increase the memory of the screen unit (Max 128 Gb), per the operating manual, page 9. In the NON +  RC this slot is simply not present...

This is absolutely FALSE. You can not increase P4P+ RC's memory through SD memory slot.
2018-2-9
Use props
15matjan
Second Officer
  • >>>
Spain

dronist Posted at 2017-6-5 14:59
Heir,

Hi dronist,
can you please elaborate more on this subject?Correct me if I'm wrong please, "mounting the Sd card" will allow to translate (at least part) of the P4P+ apps from the NAND Flash memory to the SD card ??? Or to be able to videocache on the same SD ??? I struggled many months for now hoping to find a way to increase the internal available ROM memory of P4P+ RC and did not managed yet. I have my SD mounted, but still unable to transfer apps and files like downloaded maps to the SD yet. Having downloaded offline maps, it consumed 12,3 Gb and I need those maps, remaining left a couple of Gb for videocache (in the best possible and available situation) which is ridiculously not enough when flying and using it. Thanks for future clarifications and help.
2018-2-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

15matjan Posted at 2018-2-9 04:43
This is absolutely FALSE. You can not increase P4P+ RC's memory through SD memory slot.

Read again what he said, then read the page below, you seem intent on trawling the forum to pick a fight.
2018-2-9
Use props
15matjan
Second Officer
  • >>>
Spain

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-2-9 04:57
Read again what he said, then read the page below, you seem intent on trawling the forum to pick a fight.[view_image]

What I say remain true...
No need to read it again. I read it hopelessly so many times, again and again....
Definitely that extra storage for the "display device" up to 128 Gb it is not provided...
I know what I say, owning a P4P+...
Otherwise, always keen to learn how... will you please show us how to videocache on external SD card or transfer files and apps to that so much claimed and inexistent "extra storage space" ???
2018-2-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

15matjan Posted at 2018-2-9 05:07
What I say remain true...
No need to read it again. I read it hopelessly so many times, again and again....
Definitely that extra storage for the "display device" up to 128 Gb it is not provided...

Antonio was merely pointing out what was covered in the manual, add it to your list for dji it seems your now making a career out of it now, maybe when you update new firmware you might come back and let us know how you get on.....
2018-2-9
Use props
15matjan
Second Officer
  • >>>
Spain

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-2-9 05:12
Antonio was merely pointing out what was covered in the manual, add it to your list for dji it seems your now making a career out of it now, maybe when you update new firmware you might come back and let us know how you get on.....

Antonio was talking about something he had no idea at all. Professional indeed... At least he finally admited not to own a P4P+.
Why do some speaks from books and not real life ???
FYI our list with missing features for DJI being moreover, features announced but inexistent, was forwarded many times to DJI. No answer was received, we can imagine the reasons.
The difference is I'm talking about REAL issues, why being bothered ??? Is this affecting your, legal, interests ?
I have my career, no need to make one on this forum, only want solutions as all the rest of owners or forum users.
IMHO, a DJI forum carrer the way things are lately work, is lacking some bolts and nuts, or ...some FWAfterall, that's why we have so many beta's...
2018-2-9
Use props
Antonio76
Second Officer
Denmark

15matjan Posted at 2018-2-9 04:43

whatever you call it, memory or storage space, here is what is writtten in the manual.  I agree that the difference is quite confusing...
memory-storage space.jpg
2018-2-9
Use props
Antonio76
Second Officer
Denmark

15matjan Posted at 2018-2-9 05:30
Antonio was talking about something he had no idea at all. Professional indeed... At least he finally admited not to own a P4P+.
Why do some speaks from books and not real life ???
FYI our list with missing features for DJI being moreover, features announced but inexistent, was forwarded many times to DJI. No answer was received, we can imagine the reasons.

"Why do some speaks from books and not real life ???" -some don't bother to read books, thinking that "experience" gathered from a possibly confused understanding of †he "facts of life" is the absolute truth,  while those who have enough brains spend some time studying books even on matters of which they have not direct knowledge...
2018-2-9
Use props
15matjan
Second Officer
  • >>>
Spain

Antonio76 Posted at 2018-2-9 11:42
"Why do some speaks from books and not real life ???" -some don't bother to read books, thinking that "experience" gathered from a possibly confused understanding of †he "facts of life" is the absolute truth,  while those who have enough brains spend some time studying books even on matters of which they have not direct knowledge...

Antonio, I have enough brains to read not only manuals or available books but to do also an extensive search about this subject (and many others).
Definitely GL300E does not allow to transfer video cached, photo files or installed apps to that SD slot you mention. This it means it is not expandable. No need for many pictures, we have seen it many times...
Nobody so far was able to prove the contrary and I'd pay the beers and more to the one being able to show that I am wrong...This would be good news for me and other owners. But facts are totally different and I really do not understand where from your struggle to talk about something you do not know nor you can prove...Should the situation be as you suggest, DJI moderators would have contradict me at least once. And the only answer we got was a guilty, long, circumstantial silence.
I can say it louder but perhaps not clearer...
2018-2-9
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Antonio76 Posted at 2018-2-9 11:18
whatever you call it, memory or storage space, here is what is writtten in the manual.  I agree that the difference is quite confusing...

I know you have done the best you can to help but no matter what the manual state it is not correct, that is just one of the issues we + owners have been ranting about for very long ...

Thanks anyway for trying to help us in the right direction.
2018-2-9
Use props
Antonio76
Second Officer
Denmark

KedDK Posted at 2018-2-9 12:01
I know you have done the best you can to help but no matter what the manual state it is not correct, that is just one of the issues we + owners have been ranting about for very long ...

Thanks anyway for trying to help us in the right direction.

Thanks for understanding the motive of my comment...
2018-2-10
Use props
sol.alowooja
lvl.1

United Kingdom

It seems as if Antonio76 was the only one who understood the question,  perhaps becuase he own the unit and was smart enough to  read the manual like I should have.

Hi Heir InVioLable,

Thanks for sharing your experience. I also have one of those RC (with the factory fitted screen), however I  am also not sure if there is the need for the SD Card.

What I have done going forward is bought a 64Gb SanDisk Extreme Micro SD Card, for the Drone (AirCraft) itself and that seems to work perfectly.

Thanks

2019-5-4
Use props
Rog O
New
United States

I had all kinds of problems till I saw a video and the problem was solved by buying new better made chip for drone.The chip in it is a cheep one buy what I bought to solve all my problems.buy SandDisk pro online about $35.00 solve all your problems.Good luck.
2019-5-5
Use props
Alvaro L
lvl.3
Flight distance : 8832 ft
Spain

It is also a good storage place for a replacement SD in case you forgot to empty the one you're about to fly in the drone, or if it becomes full.
2019-5-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules