Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
FlySafe Exceptions
Home / SPARK /
2491 7 2017-5-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansdae0387d
lvl.1
Flight distance : 745 ft
United States

I live within the Washington D.C. Flight Restricted Zone (No Fly Zone).  I would like to fly the Spark I just ordered inside my house.  The problems I have had with my past Phantoms and Mavic are that I can't even start the motors in my own house because GPS signals go right through my roof.  Will I have the same problem with the Spark?  Is there a way to get an exception?
2017-5-24
Use props
I am the E
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Go to the basement!
2017-5-24
Use props
Mark The Droner
Captain
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

So far, in all the instances I've seen, you won't be successful trying to get a DJI authorization within the DC FRZ, regardless of the fact that your flight inside your house would be perfectly legal.  But yeah, you could fly in ATTI with the GPS antennas blocked.  You might try an RF-blocking copper tape sandwich stuck on top of the bird.  I'd get those prop guards though.  

https://www.amazon.com/gp/produc ... 0?ie=UTF8&psc=1
2017-5-24
Use props
R&L Aerial
Captain
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm not going into much detail because the moderator don't like people talking about using copper shields. Google is your friend, my friend.
2017-5-24
Use props
fansdae0387d
lvl.1
Flight distance : 745 ft
United States

Thanks for all the prompt suggestions:  I don't like to fly my drones in my dark dreary damp basement, and the creatures of the night who live there don't like it either.  I did the math, and it would cost me about $5,500 to cover my house in copper tape.  All kidding aside, I don't think DJI has any legal right to infringe on my personal right to operate my drones in my house or anywhere I want.  It's my responsibility.  What would people say if the software in automobiles and small aircraft restricted where they could be operated?  If a person is willing to provide valid identification and assume responsibility for their actions, there should be no reason for DJI to act as some sort of flawed law enforcer.  That's my opinion, and at least I have the right to that.
2017-5-24
Use props
P3T3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 701211 ft
  • >>>
United States

Coptorspace should have a firmware upgrade to change gps coords soon.
2017-5-24
Use props
QuanthonyTrang
First Officer
Flight distance : 419980 ft
  • >>>
Australia

DJI should just completely DISABLE NFZ with the Spark when flown in wifi mode/palm gesture mode.
Why? Coz the damn spark is only 300gram and the tiny blades cant kill anyone. It would be very hard to carry any ordanance or WMDs. And I am sure if a plane hit a Spark, the plane would be in heaps of trouble for flying at 50ft. And also, on wifi mode, the pilot is always in visual wifi range of less than 100ft and therefore can be identifiable and can be held accountable if something were to happen.
DJI, sometimes we just want to take a quick selfie at 15ft. We dont see any harm in that... So please disable NFZ only for the Spark when Wifi/Palm Gesture mode is activated.

2017-5-24
Use props
ahr69
lvl.3
Flight distance : 83612 ft
  • >>>
United States

fat they'll listen. great thought though.
2017-5-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules