Can't upgrade P3P. Solid red light
1680 10 2017-5-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
IaRoadKill
lvl.1
United States

I have a P3P which I have not used for over six months.  I charged the batteries and the remote control, powered up and it said I needed to upgrade. Started the upgrade and it ran for about 15 minutes, while I was doing other things in the room,  when I noticed it had a solid red light and a continuous hard drive running sound and was getting very hot. Powered it off. Tried to  upgrade again this time it only takes 15 seconds to get to the solid red light. I have tried two different ST cards and two different versions all with no success.  Any help would be appreciated. Thank you
2017-5-24
Use props
pasaytenpete
lvl.3
Flight distance : 47346 ft
United States

Are you upgrading with the firmware on the SD card?    If so,  there should be a .txt file on it that might have some messages about success/failure information.
2017-5-24
Use props
IaRoadKill
lvl.1
United States

pasaytenpete Posted at 2017-5-24 11:58
Are you upgrading with the firmware on the SD card?    If so,  there should be a .txt file on it that might have some messages about success/failure information.

Yes I am using the ST card. There is a text file on the card now  but it only displays success and failures of previous Upgrade attempts.
I decided to put in my videoing SD card (no.bin file)  and pretend that I was going to fly again and now I get no warning about an upgrade needed.  I never got a successful solid green light from uploading.
It's seems happy now, But now I have no video feed.
2017-5-24
Use props
IaRoadKill
lvl.1
United States

pasaytenpete Posted at 2017-5-24 11:58

Yes I am using the SDcard. There is a text file on the card now  but it only displays success and failures of previous Upgrade attempts.
I decided to put in my videoing SD card (no.bin file)  and pretend that I was going to fly again and now I get no warning about an upgrade needed.  I never got a successful solid green light from uploading.
2017-5-24
Use props
fans01941ac7
New
Flight distance : 45512 ft
Italy

qualcuno parla italiano , ciao
2017-5-24
Use props
fans01941ac7
New
Flight distance : 45512 ft
Italy

avrei bisogno di aiuto per il mio phantom 3 pro ..
Dopo l'aggiornamento dei firmware, nonostante l'esito positivo ..
quando aggiorno l'IMU , non va oltre 1 % ed esce una dritta dov'è fmdice che ci sono dei problemi di temperatura .. come posso fare ? graxie
2017-5-24
Use props
IaRoadKill
lvl.1
United States

Replies in English would be appreciated.
2017-5-24
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

IaRoadKill Posted at 2017-5-24 13:12
Yes I am using the SDcard. There is a text file on the card now  but it only displays success and failures of previous Upgrade attempts.

Could you clarify what firmware versions does the aircraft and RC read in the Go app? Are all other statuses reading as normal?
2017-5-25
Use props
IaRoadKill
lvl.1
United States

For some reason I cannot post a reply to your message.
Sorry it took me so long to get this information.
Aircraft 1.10.90
rc 1.8.0
2017-6-7
Use props
IaRoadKill
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-5-25 12:07
Could you clarify what firmware versions does the aircraft and RC read in the Go app? Are all other statuses reading as normal?

For some reason I was having problems trying to post a reply to your message.
Aircraft 1.10.90
rc 1.8.0
2017-6-9
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

IaRoadKill Posted at 2017-6-9 03:17
For some reason I was having problems trying to post a reply to your message.
Aircraft 1.10.90

It looks like everything is up to date, and I am reading correctly that the upgrade message hasn't come back and it's just the video feed that's the issue, right? Try the follwoing button combinations to make sure that the RC and aircraft are communicating properly:

Reset the RC:
* Turn on the RC, and leave the aircraft off.
* Press C1, C2, and shutter and then turn the it off.
* While still holding the buttons, turn on the RC, then the aircraft and relink the remote.

Manually relinking the RC to the aircraft:
* Turn on both the aircraft and the RC.
* Press C1, C2, and the record button on the RC, which will produce a "D-DD" audio queue. This may take a few seconds of holding them.
* While still holding the buttons, press the wheel on the right side of the RC (ISO). The LED indicator on the RC will turn blue and it will constantly beep "DDDD".
* Use a pen to push in the linking button on the aircraft and hold for 3-5 seconds, then take the pen off the aircraft and wait, it will be linked soon.

Let me know if there are any changes.
2017-6-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules