Mavic Vision Sensor Faulty?
1374 9 2017-5-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans2b18c5bd
lvl.1
Flight distance : 167 ft
United Kingdom

Hi, I have recently bought a Mavic after upgrading from a P2.
On the first few flights i noticed that the Mavic was descending very slowly, and always seemed to be flashing up 'landing' on the controller even when at high altitude.
In addition, post take off the mavic wont maintain a constant height - it ascends without any input on the controller.
I have now found it to be a fault with the downward vision sensors - I have re-calibrated the vision sensors but the mavic still shows the same flight symptoms.
The only way i can get a good flight is to turn off the 'landing protection' setting.
I can take it off, turn on the 'landing protection' and the mavic will instantly gain altitude without input!
Please Help
Paul
2017-5-24
Use props
thehippoz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

Could reset defaults in assistant. Then calibrate your controller in go, see if that does it.
2017-5-24
Use props
fAiRzEe
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Thanks for the reply. I will give it a go
2017-5-24
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Make sure you are on the latest firmware.
Also connect it to the Assistant 2 and restore factory defaults.
You can also try refreshing the firmware.
If you do not have Assistant 2, you can find it here.
http://www.dji.com/mavic/info#downloads
2017-5-24
Use props
fAiRzEe
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I have the latest firmware installed. I will try to refresh it restore defaults tomorrow and see if the fault is still there. Thanks
2017-5-24
Use props
fAiRzEe
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Well, I reset the default settings. Loaded the update software. Mavic still has the same fault. Works perfectly if I turn off 'landing protection though so may have to just carry on as it. Is there a benefit to using 'landing protection?
2017-5-26
Use props
cristianc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1008143 ft
Australia

fAiRzEe Posted at 2017-5-26 05:11
Well, I reset the default settings. Loaded the update software. Mavic still has the same fault. Works perfectly if I turn off 'landing protection though so may have to just carry on as it. Is there a benefit to using 'landing protection?

It's really a gimmick, as part of your flight checklist it makes sense to the area is free of obstructions i.e. rocks, dirt, water etc so you should be able to land it where you took of from... If you hand catch  & release then yes by any means turn it off.
2017-5-26
Use props
Peter Galbavy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 545377 ft
United Kingdom

Have you checked all four smaller cameras for any factory-fitted blue protection film?

I have posted this in other threads as I found one front sensor with plastic film left on, and others have too. It's seems a random quality control / shipping issue with rare units.
2017-5-26
Use props
fAiRzEe
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Yes. I removed all of the protective covers from the sensors
2017-6-1
Use props
rnrnrn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 430932 ft
Germany

fAiRzEe Posted at 2017-6-1 02:14
Yes. I removed all of the protective covers from the sensors

To be honest with you - landing protection is the first thing I check after an update to make sure it is off. This has caused in previous firmwares sudden landings that you cannot abort - even at 60m up etc. It is pretty useless honestly and you're better off without it. However you shouldn't have that problem to start with. If everything else works I'd advise to skip service as it takes a long time and just enjoy flying with the option off. Happy flying ;-) Cheers!
2017-6-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules