What is this piece shipped w/P3Pro?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PaulyZ
New

United States

Newbie here... pls be gentle, it's my 1st post. Just rec'd my Phantom 3Pro - a newegg refurb - and while unboxing I noticed a "blocky" clear plastic piece in the bottom of the packaging compartment with the gimbal/cam (not attached to anything, just kind of fell out as I lifted the unit out of the packaging). Is this some sort of stabilizer for the gimbal, and if so, can anyone post a photo or describe how it should attach to what?
Thanks in advance!

f8448635d9144ab5733c0f009d224bf2e426918d-1.jpg
2017-5-24
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

That's the gimbal clamp to hold gimbal steady when being transported, here's one video:-

2017-5-24
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Did you find your OEM DJI gimbal guard in the box, like so many of us have? That's a bad entrance...

Anyway, Yes, youtube have several videos that explain this simple procedure.

It's easy, when you have done it a few times. Be sure to push it on tight, once you slide in into place. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2017-5-24
Use props
PaulyZ
New

United States

Aardvark Posted at 2017-5-24 13:17
That's the gimbal clamp to hold gimbal steady when being transported, here's one video:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mru5O64eM0

THAT'S IT! THANKS! I couldn't quite figure out how it fit, but just knew that's what it was for. The fact it wasn't holding things together can't be a good sign...
2017-5-24
Use props
PaulyZ
New

United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-5-24 13:55
Did you find your OEM DJI gimbal guard in the box, like so many of us have? That's a bad entrance...

Anyway, Yes, youtube have several videos that explain this simple procedure.

Sure did... sounds like I need to do some searching later this evening to catch up on other similar experiences. Thanks for the video, RedHotPoker
2017-5-24
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

PaulyZ Posted at 2017-5-24 14:04
THAT'S IT! THANKS! I couldn't quite figure out how it fit, but just knew that's what it was for. The fact it wasn't holding things together can't be a good sign...

It takes some tinkering with the angling to put it on more consistently, good to hear you were able to get it sorted.
2017-5-24
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

PaulyZ Posted at 2017-5-24 14:05
Sure did... sounds like I need to do some searching later this evening to catch up on other similar experiences. Thanks for the video, RedHotPoker

Glad to help, hope that it will stay on, when it's been put on correctly. The stock gimbal guard works effectively when it's applied right. But there are better kinds available, many of which, have been 3D printed, and work great. A forum friend gave me a cool lens cap/gimbal guard, which has a dual purpose. The best of both worlds. Ha

RedHotPoker
2017-5-24
Use props
crash1sttime
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1047503 ft
United Kingdom

to hard to take on and off, take a look at these simple things

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3D-Pri ... :g:itsAAOSwo4pYXH41
2017-5-25
Use props
Advanced