Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Gimbal Motor Overload / Poor Customer Service
687 6 2017-5-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Upwind
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1158586 ft
United States

So I send in a P4Pro for gimbal motor overload problems to DJI for repair.  The drone was owned approxmiately 2 months before a warning started popping up.  While it would take pictures, the gimbal would basically flop around underneath the aircraft and everything else appeared to operate normally.  Because the drone had not been crashed, struck, dropped, etc. I assumed that it'd be covered under warranty.  If I understand correctly most parts are covered for either 6 to 12 months.  
10 Days or so after I send in the drone, I receive an invoice for $225 for Right Landing gear, Left Landing gear, Roll Motor, Yaw Axis motor, and Middle frame plus 2 hours of labor.  The landing gear and middle frame were never damaged and certainly not affected by a gimbal issue.  Why would I receive an invoice for something that was never an issue to begin with?  I spoke with DJI 4 times on the phone and not once was someone able to explain to me why the landing gear was on the invoice.  They said an engineering analysis was requested 11 days ago but never sent or forwarded to me.  

Anyone else have any ideas on what to do?  I've spoken with 4 reps now that tell me its an additional 24-48 hours.  The last rep basically told me  she can't promise me anything and was rude at best.  Any other means to contact someone?  I've emailed.  No Response.  Called 4 times now.  No one knows anything and keeps kicking it down the road.  I'd like my drone repaired and sent back to me.  It appears DJI is holding it hostage at this point.  Any ideas?
2017-5-24
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Could you please provide your case number so i can look into this?
2017-5-24
Use props
Upwind
lvl.1
United States

CAS-581631-B7T1N1
2017-5-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

We are sorry for all these trouble.
I have relayed your concerns to management and we will keep you updated as soon as possible.
2017-5-24
Use props
Upwind
lvl.1
United States

Thank you for looking into it.  Had to speak with "Anthony" yesterday in regards to it.
2017-5-25
Use props
Upwind
lvl.1
United States

Did receive a phone call and email regarding the drone today.  It is being repaired under warranty.  Thank you for your assistance.
2017-5-25
Use props
KM5RG-Robert
Captain
Flight distance : 2075213 ft
United States

Almost sounds like they got it confused with a (different) crashed drone.
2017-5-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules