Mavic with many strange behaviors after tripod mode
753 4 2017-5-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans382dcc90
lvl.1
Brazil

Hi guys.

Please watch this video log which shows many very strange behaviors from a Mavic flight in Brazil. I have the drone for 4 months, latest firmware and this is the first time it happened. I almost lost it. Hopefully someone can figure it out. Check my timeline notes below:

Flight time:

Til 12:40: Normal flight behavior.  
12:40: I cancelled tripod mode and start to move up.
13:00:  Mavic start to move left by its own. Note that it states GPS mode, but I am not touching the right stick. Seems like it is behaving as atti mode, right? The wind was about 19 mph west (same direction the drone is flying).
13:24: I tried to take it to the right but drone goes back.
14:00: Tried to move forward, drone goes right.
14:19 and 14:24: drone not responding to right stick commands.
14:32: Pressed the RTH button. Drone start to go home but after 18 seconds it stops and starts to go backwards again.
15:27: Pressed the RTH button again. Drone received the command but continues moving back.  
16:08: Again no response from right stick. Left stick working fine.
16:15: I had the idea of Swithing to sport mode and back to s mode.
16:20: Pressed RTH button again and it finally start to behave better and go back home.
16:55: Weird behavior: goes right and slows down.
17:25: Weird behavior: goes right and slows down.
18:43: RTH set to remote controller position, as I was running to catch the drone!
18:56: Landing mode initialized and drone goes back again.
20:10: I was finally able to take manual control with the sticks and the drone landed in my hand!

Don't you guys think there were so many strange behaviors in this flight? I uploaded the log to airdata.com and the app said it was a normal flight! But it does not take in consideration the remove controller sticks data! See here: https://app.airdata.com/main?fli ... ATHERGround_Weather

Hopefully someone can help with it as I feel afraid to fly again!
Fabio
2017-5-24
Use props
flecha
lvl.1
Brazil

Anyone has any ideias? Specially in these two moments:

13:00:  Mavic start to move left by its own. Note that it states GPS mode, but I am not touching the right stick. Seems like it is behaving as atti mode, right? The wind was about 19 mph west (same direction the drone is flying).

14:32: Pressed the RTH button. Drone start to go home but after 18 seconds it stops and starts to go backwards again.

2017-5-31
Use props
UCBarkeeper
lvl.3
Flight distance : 616982 ft
Switzerland

looks like heavy wind, even if i dont understand all the inputs and reactions (like 14:19, maybe to short?). next time try to switch to sports mode.
2017-5-31
Use props
flecha
lvl.1
Brazil

UCBarkeeper Posted at 2017-5-31 05:17
looks like heavy wind, even if i dont understand all the inputs and reactions (like 14:19, maybe to short?). next time try to switch to sports mode.

Thanks for answering, UCBarkepper. It make sense , the wind was very strong. However, when I pressed RTH it shouldn't automatically go to the fastest speed to match the wind speed? Or if I had changed to sport mode it would make the RTH faster?
2017-6-4
Use props
UCBarkeeper
lvl.3
Flight distance : 616982 ft
Switzerland

well no, rth does not use full speed/power. i'm not exactly sure why, but it could be for the obstacle avoidance. if the ac is at full power against the wind, the tilt will be to much downwards, so the OA wouldn't work.
there are some cases in this forum, with ppl losing their mavics because of that exact same thing.

bottom line: don't use rth, if you still have control over your drone. and use sport mode in heavy wind.  
2017-6-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules