Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Annoying battery
1683 8 2017-5-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans0cbcfa59
New
Flight distance : 23504 ft
New Zealand

I must say as a new Mavic owner, I am annoyed to see that the Spark uses a different battery.

In about 3 years time when my mavic batteries need replacing, this makes it less likely that I will be able to purchase new fresh stock - instead of new-old stock, as is usually the case with custom batteries.
If the spark and future models used the same batteries, it means the production run would continue and the chances of getting fresher stock when you go to buy a battery would be much better.
When DJI decides mavic sales are low, and the batteries are no longer needed, they will stop production. Retailers will buy their last set and they will sit on the shelf in the store slowly going towards a permanant deep discharge.
2017-5-24
Use props
HWCM
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5484997 ft
United States

So it should use a battery from the Mavic? That would make the battery bigger than the Spark itself. I do not get your logic.
2017-5-24
Use props
Barney2k
Second Officer
United Kingdom

In fairness to create something this side they were always going to have to reduce the dimensions and weight of the battery.
2017-5-24
Use props
trance728-
First Officer
Flight distance : 298048 ft
  • >>>
United States

That's like arguing that the Phantom batteries should fit the Mavic or they should all work with Inspire batteries. Size of the craft is going to dictate what battery weight it can support.
2017-5-25
Use props
theGrindLab.com
Captain
Flight distance : 1375846 ft
  • >>>
United States

I must agree with others here. That's not a very logical complaint. New, independent products should not have to work with previous product hardware/software.
2017-5-25
Use props
Griffith
First Officer
Flight distance : 98537 ft
United States

I wouldn't trade size and weight for the convenience.  Besides, not all Spark buyers have a closet full of Mavic batteries :-)
2017-5-25
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

So, your complaint is not very logical.
I think you do not like the fact that DJI has proprietary batteries on their drones and you have no control over cost and freshness... right.

Sorry, there is nothing the user can do about this ... it is life with new tech  and big companies.

Rich
2017-5-25
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

The Mavic and the Spark are two completely different aircrafts with drastic dimension differences. A Mavic battery is 2/3 the size of the Spark body itself and trying to fit a Mavic battery on a Spark would be comical at best.

Given that the Mavic is its own series, there will still be batteries available for it.
2017-5-25
Use props
ro_flyer
Captain
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

I don't know why you guys even bother to answer ....
2017-5-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules