First Tilt Shift Vid
1040 15 2017-5-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans77c04fb2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 85384 ft
United States

Any pointers on things I can change to make it better are welcome!
2017-5-24
Use props
adrian8891
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2643110 ft
  • >>>
Poland

Nice vid, but try to film it a bit closer to cars.
2017-5-24
Use props
QuanthonyTrang
Second Officer
Flight distance : 419980 ft
  • >>>
Australia

You need more locations..
You need to reduce the frames so it becomes more like a stop motion vid.
2017-5-24
Use props
arcyenom
lvl.1
United States

adrian8891 Posted at 2017-5-24 21:43
Nice vid, but try to film it a bit closer to cars.

I agree. Thought the same thing during editing.
2017-5-24
Use props
arcyenom
lvl.1
United States

QuanthonyTrang Posted at 2017-5-24 22:00
You need more locations..
You need to reduce the frames so it becomes more like a stop motion vid.

I actually have one rendering right now at 3x the speed. Guess I could just speed the youtube video up to see the effect as well.
2017-5-24
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Flight distance : 80991 ft
Belgium

With the blur, you can really see the shortcomings of the codec.
2017-5-25
Use props
arcyenom
lvl.1
United States

So I wanted to see what zoomed in with stop motion looked like. Obviously I'll need to film closer to make it cleaner but just effect wise is this better?

2017-5-25
Use props
Asainz320
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1061594 ft
  • >>>
United States

I liked the first one better
2017-5-25
Use props
Bill in Ohio
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Nees Posted at 2017-5-25 00:34
With the blur, you can really see the shortcomings of the codec.

Reedited this once I figured out you were referring to your edited file.
My editing computer doesn't have trouble editing files generated by Mavic in 4K, however using H265 to export the final product takes a lot longer, but a smaller file size.  The finished 4K files play great on our UHD TV, but play erratically on my computer.  (I7-5960 Octacore,  32GB RAM, GeForce GTX970 video card) in H265, but not H264 which plays well on both.
I think you need to look at your data rate, if it is to low then you will have blurring.  What were your settings - Which program, Resolution, number of passes, and other settings etc.  Since I like to shoot in 4K and edit on Premeire Pro, I usually use "settings that match input file"  that usually produces really nice encoded video and have been experimenting with my settings.  If you use 4K Hi datarate it is also good, but has trouble playing on the video apps, but clear and clean on UHD TV.  If I use 4K medium datarate it produces splotchy video that is noticeable especially in areas with less contrast.

2017-5-25
Use props
arcyenom
lvl.1
United States

Yeah I don't think stop motion works as well for traffic. Maybe people walking around. I played with this one a bit before settling on just a faster speed.
2017-5-25
Use props
arcyenom
lvl.1
United States

I feel like I need to make the colors POP more. I'm using Power director. Any tips?
2017-5-25
Use props
thehippoz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

Bill in Ohio Posted at 2017-5-25 11:20
My editing computer doesn't have trouble editing files generated by Mavic in 4K, however using H265 to export the final product takes a lot longer, but a smaller file size.  The finished 4K files play great on our UHD TV, but play erratically on my computer.  (I7-5960 Octacore,  32GB RAM, GeForce GTX970 video card) in H265, but not H264 which plays well on both.
I think you need to look at your data rate, if it is to low then you will have blurring.  What were your settings - Which program, Resolution, number of passes, and other settings etc.  Since I like to shoot in 4K and edit on Premeire Pro, I usually use "settings that match input file"  that usually produces really nice encoded video and have been experimenting with my settings.  If you use 4K Hi datarate it is also good, but has trouble playing on the video apps, but clear and clean on UHD TV.  If I use 4K medium datarate it produces splotchy video that is noticeable especially in areas with less contrast.

hmm Haswell-E has problems playing h.265? It's probably the software. I have a 6 core broadwell@4.2, plays 4k h.265 fine. The encoding times are a lot longer. I wish youtube supported h.265 uploads but it comes down to the encode times.

Found the best youtube settings for h.264 4k is 60-80, 2 pass vbr, main profile, max render and depth checked. Google keeps quality that way with a target of 56mbps, still get good rates on areas with a lot of motion. Noticed the older adobe media encoder doesn't do as good a job of compressing with the same settings as 2017. I got rid of the 2017 version, the files are smaller with the same project, but it's noticeable on youtube.
2017-5-25
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Flight distance : 80991 ft
Belgium

Bill in Ohio Posted at 2017-5-25 11:20

Im talking about the pulsating (keyframe-mess) every half sec, that you can clearly see in the blurry parts. Not sure what you started talking about.
2017-5-26
Use props
arcyenom
lvl.1
United States

Third time's a charm?
2017-5-26
Use props
Bill in Ohio
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

thehippoz Posted at 2017-5-25 11:49
hmm Haswell-E has problems playing h.265? It's probably the software. I have a 6 core , plays 4k h.265 fine. The encoding times are a lot longer. I wish youtube supported h.265 uploads but it comes down to the encode times.

Found the best youtube settings for h.264 4k is 60-80, 2 pass vbr, main profile, max render and depth checked. Google keeps quality that way with a target of 56mbps, still get good rates on areas with a lot of motion. Noticed the older adobe media encoder doesn't do as good a job of compressing with the same settings as 2017. I got rid of the 2017 version, the files are smaller with the same project, but it's noticeable on youtube.

Thanks for the info.  When I use Adobe Prem Pro 2017 Creative cloud I have no trouble or editing the 4K 30fps from the Mavic.  I was using the H265 codec to produce about half the file size.  I have been using the mp4  setting on the drone vs AVCHD, because I noticed a lot of flickering of thin line (like trees without leaves) and some moire effects.

Either codec works great on the UHD TV.
2017-5-27
Use props
Bill in Ohio
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Nees Posted at 2017-5-26 15:19
Im talking about the pulsating (keyframe-mess) every half sec, that you can clearly see in the blurry parts. Not sure what you started talking about.

I should have just started with, asking what are your export settings and in what software are you editing.  I see in your video what I would tend to see when the data rate is to low.  Although I would expect it to be that way across the whole display.  
2017-5-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules