Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Phantom 3 Standard Battery/Drone Issues After Crash
840 2 2017-5-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
karldoblehmuk
New
United Kingdom

Hey I could really use some help, my DGI Phantom 3 went under a bridge last year and essentially lost connection to my remote, and crashed into the bridge, I'd done this flight many times and it's never happened but it was almost like my drone just flew itself into a bridge. Anyways., snce then, it's not been used and I really miss flying it but can't afford to buy a new one unfortuantely. The camera gimbal was completely busted so I removed it but the battery itself turns on, it either flashes completely green or one bar green, and it even flashes when it's not on. Sometimes it'll just turn on randomly without me even being near it. The drone still works, last time I checked my phone picks it up too and it turns on but will not fly, do I
a. need a new battery
b. need a new drone?

Any help will be incredibly appreciated.
Thanks.

2017-5-24
Use props
Mr Pete
lvl.1
Flight distance : 404219 ft
United Kingdom

I would try for a battery as it's definitely busted due to it switching itself on etc...
2017-5-25
Use props
solentlife
Captain
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

If you lost control connection under a bridge - the RTH function probably kicked in ... it climbed to set height but of course the Bridge would be in the way ... BHAM.

I hope you removed the battery ? Here we have two items possibly damaged - the aircraft and a LiPo. Not a good combo.

If the battery is not in the aircraft and is acting as you say - then something is 'adrift' inside the front of the casing where the control board is. It is not designed to be User Serviceable but can in fact be opened with care ... see Youtube. You may find a broken wire but to be honest unless you know about LiPo's .... best to not dabble there.

The Aircraft ? Who knows ... but so many posts by people who have tried fixing gimbals / cameras etc. and still not worked.

If you get another OR fix this one ... next time you want to fly under bridge amongst trees etc. - set auto to HOVER and not RTH and also reduce height setting for that......

Nigel
2017-5-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules