Waypoints
12348 26 2017-5-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans6117b049
New

United Kingdom

I am interested in purchasing a DJI Spark. I will need this product to have the ability to have autonomous flight with waypoints. Is this within the capabilities of the Spark.

2017-5-25
Use props
fansd98a0a35
New

Malta

same question, I asked DJI customer care, and the answer I got is to look it up in the manual. I understand it has GPS technology to record the flight path that will be used in case the return to home (RTH) button is activated, however there is no mention of way points.
2017-6-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I'm not sure if it works with ground station or waypoints on the djigo 4 app, but litchi are working on the sdk so they will have a waypoint program very soon costs about $20 and is much better and easier to operate.
I also think there will be other apps free which will also work with spark.
2017-6-3
Use props
cayenne
lvl.1
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-6-3 01:54
I'm not sure if it works with ground station or waypoints on the djigo 4 app, but litchi are working on the sdk so they will have a waypoint program very soon costs about $20 and is much better and easier to operate.
I also think there will be other apps free which will also work with spark.

I've been trying to find this out myself.
I have seen many posts that say that the Spark will have ALL of the intelligent modes that come with the other DJI drones, plus the 4 new ones.

However, last week, I tried to get the DJI folks on chat and the person that was helping me took some time and came back to report that waypoints would NOT be included...which was disappointing to me.

So, I'm confused at this point, some posts say it will have it, others don't....I'm still hoping that someone actually holding and flying a unit can quickly look and report back.

I would guess they would only be available if you have the additional remote unit...but, I"ve seen videos and some people do, but can't get an answer from any of them....?

cayenne
2017-6-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

cayenne Posted at 2017-6-5 05:30
I have seen many posts that say that the Spark will have ALL of the intelligent modes that come with the other DJI drones, plus the 4 new ones.

So not sure if you will be able to use waypoints with djigo4 or ground station, but litchi have sdk and I presume they are working on automatic programme for Spark , but I suppose we will have to wait and see.
2017-6-5
Use props
cayenne
lvl.1
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-6-5 06:12
So not sure if you will be able to use waypoints with djigo4 or ground station, but litchi have sdk and I presume they are working on automatic programme for Spark , but I suppose we will have to wait and see.

Please forgive a noob here....who/what  is litchi?

Thank you in advance!!

C
2017-6-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

cayenne Posted at 2017-6-6 06:24
Please forgive a noob here....who/what  is litchi?

Thank you in advance!!

Litchi is a third party app you can purchase for iOS and android, you can plan your mission from home waypoints etc then just go and fly it automatically you can also do panorama and 360 panoramas. Cost about $20. Check it out in the App Store.
2017-6-6
Use props
cayenne
lvl.1
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-6-6 07:01
Litchi is a third party app you can purchase for iOS and android, you can plan your mission from home waypoints etc then just go and fly it automatically you can also do panorama and 360 panoramas. Cost about $20. Check it out in the App Store.

But, if you go this route with the Litchi....that is ONLY if you fly by the cell phone...but won't work with the controller.....right?

C
2017-6-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

cayenne Posted at 2017-6-9 10:43
But, if you go this route with the Litchi....that is ONLY if you fly by the cell phone...but won't work with the controller.....right?

C

No, it will work fine with remote controller.
2017-6-9
Use props
fansb047c767
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3678 ft
United States

Does flying with Litchi void the DJI Refresh if accident happens while using the app?
2017-6-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

fansb047c767 Posted at 2017-6-10 13:05
Does flying with Litchi void the DJI Refresh if accident happens while using the app?

No only if your crash is a direct result of using third party app, so in other words if app causes the crash your refresh is null and void, if you have an accident pilot error etc when using third party app your refresh can be used.
2017-6-10
Use props
cayenne
lvl.1
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-6-9 11:13
No, it will work fine with remote controller.

What I meant was...the Litchi app will only work when flying with phone, it won't work while flying with the remote which has longer range...etc.....?
2017-6-13
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

cayenne Posted at 2017-6-13 08:37
What I meant was...the Litchi app will only work when flying with phone, it won't work while flying with the remote which has longer range...etc.....?

Yes it will work with remote and phone and yes it will go the distance , litchi will also go outside radio distance to complete mission, but it takes a good strong stomach to try this one.
2017-6-13
Use props
fansedf894d5
lvl.3
Flight distance : 328957 ft
India

i have owned a spark and there is no waypoints with DJI go app!
2017-7-10
Use props
fansedf894d5
lvl.3
Flight distance : 328957 ft
India

i have owned a spark and there is no waypoints with DJI go app!
2017-7-10
Use props
David Atkinson
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Looking forward to an update with GS Pro. It's a great app and would work well with the Spark!
2017-7-12
Use props
CRAOBH RUADH
New
South Korea

cayenne Posted at 2017-6-5 05:30

Acoording to Lichi there will be no Orbit or waypoint function when they release it for Spark

They say it is because this functionaity is not currently in the Spark when they answered the same question on their Facebook page.

Hooe this helps

Screenshot_20170725-100901.png
2017-7-24
Use props
fansc1b6f1a3
lvl.1
United States

We need to send lots of requests to dji to allow at least manual waypoints in a future firmware upgrade if possible.  All that gesture crap is basically useless to most of us...would much rather have had some type of waypoints.  
2017-8-21
Use props
JohnnyL
New
United Kingdom

Waypoint is one big function all DJI drones should have!! Why not release it from day one! Not that impress!
2017-8-26
Use props
osiso
New
United States

Shocked that waypoints are not supported. Wish I could return.
2017-9-4
Use props
theLXK
New
Flight distance : 30377 ft
Germany

DJI GO 4 does not offer waypoints for the spark. Neither is it possible via mobile SDK calls at the moment, so any 3rd party app would need to implement flight control to do it.
2017-9-18
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

osiso Posted at 2017-9-4 11:37

In NL you can always return a product sold ONLINE withing xx days. (I believe 14 days).
Only cost might be shipment cost.
2017-9-18
Use props
JMX46
lvl.3
Flight distance : 101220 ft
Canada

You can do Waypoints now on the Spark with AutoPilot (I did this last week) with a good remote (radio connection) it works very well - really powerful app - about $30 USD.

- check out my response in this thread - https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 58484&fromuid=31979
2017-9-18
Use props
OneMatt
lvl.3
Flight distance : 155984 ft
Canada

osiso Posted at 2017-9-4 11:37

Shocked you are shocked. The literature never said it supported waypoints .
2017-9-18
Use props
David Calero
lvl.3
Spain

Check out the RED WAYPOINT APP for Android, is a mission planner for DJI drones including SPARK! (and Mavic Air of course!)

https://play.google.com/store/ap ... scanlan.RedWaypoint

2018-5-14
Use props
mablaud spark
lvl.1

I feel the same way and I'm going to Rally up a lot of people to address their feelings about this subject of waypoints not being on my spark DJI drone very disappointing and makes me want to return my drone as well and possibly never use DGI again because of their vagueness
2018-6-4
Use props
fans36bd112f
lvl.1
Flight distance : 453 ft
United States

Any updates to this?
2018-7-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules