Took forever to get my drone fixed
1561 21 2017-5-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Blackbeagle
lvl.3
Flight distance : 56 ft
United States

I'm very upset at the fact that it has taken so long to get my P3A fixed that I will never send it in again. I mean, really? Over a month? This thing didn't need to have micro surgery. It needed a few cables reattached (camera fell loose during a crash). I could have done it myself with some YouTube videos, but I decided against it because of the sensitive  nature of electronics and wiring. But the fact that it has taken this long is simply ridiculous. I've beeen tracking this thing since I sent it in. They receive it and they just sat on it for days without doing anything. Then they tell me that they sent me the assessment and it took me 4 days to pay. That is absolutely false. The day the assessment email arrived, was the same day I paid. Between the time that I paid until the time it was actually fixed was over 3 weeks. Are you kidding? What in this world takes 3 weeks to fix? You can build a brand new car in 3 days. It takes 3 weeks to attach a camera/gimbal? Who's doing the repairs? Stevie Wonder?

So now they tell me it has been repaired since last Friday (May 19th). ????? So again...where's my drone? It's almost been a week since they've repaired it. It takes 1-2 days to ship it? So where is it? Where's my tracking number. I am so PO'ed at them right now.

I was planning to use my P3A to video my friend's kid's graduation and his party. Nope. No Drone. No footage. Last week, I went to the lake. Beautiful scenery with the low fog bank. No drone. No footage.

My suggestion to anyone that has a broken DJI Drone: Don't send it in. Unless you don't need it back anytime soon, don't send it in. Find a local place that is an authorized repair center. You might pay a little more, but who cares. It won't take them over 30 days to fix something that easy to fix.

If I had known that this fix would take over a month, I would have never sent it in. I thought it would take a few weeks max. For it to take this long (and I still don't have a tracking number) is completely unacceptable.

Never again. DJI...you make a very good product. But your service sucks. I have no diplomatic way of describing it other than that.
2017-5-25
Use props
KM5RG-Robert
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2075213 ft
United States

Sent my P3A in a week+ ago. They received it in on the 21st, checked it in on the 22nd, assessed and repaired on the 23rd, now doing flight tests and QC.  
2017-5-25
Use props
Blackbeagle
lvl.3
United States

So what can I assume about this? That' there's no consistency? One person gets it 1 week. One person gets it in one month? Again, I don't know what problems you had with your drone to get it done so fast. Mine was a camera that detached from the cables when it crashed to the ground. The frame and everything appears to be fine. Attaching the camera shouldn't take over 30 days to do.  Shouldn't it?
2017-5-25
Use props
Max App
lvl.3
Flight distance : 781624 ft
United Kingdom

Exactly why I am getting my in warranty p4 repaired at my cost. Customer service that's good is worth paying for over slow and poor service
2017-5-25
Use props
KM5RG-Robert
Second Officer
United States

Blackbeagle Posted at 2017-5-25 07:21
So what can I assume about this? That' there's no consistency? One person gets it 1 week. One person gets it in one month? Again, I don't know what problems you had with your drone to get it done so fast. Mine was a camera that detached from the cables when it crashed to the ground. The frame and everything appears to be fine. Attaching the camera shouldn't take over 30 days to do.  Shouldn't it?

Cracked shell. And correction, they received mine on Friday the 19th.
2017-5-25
Use props
KM5RG-Robert
Second Officer
United States

Flight tests finished, awaiting QC.
2017-5-25
Use props
AG0N-Gary
Second Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

If I had known that this fix would take over a month, I would have never sent it in. I thought it would take a few weeks max. For it to take this long (and I still don't have a tracking number) is completely unacceptable.

You apparently don't read this forum unless you need something yourself.  Slow and inconsistent repair times are a well known fact of DJI.  Sometimes they're fast and sometimes you wonder if they're on summer break, or whatever season it is.
2017-5-25
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Could you please provide your case number so I can follow up with this?
2017-5-25
Use props
fans31f7c8b0
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1360643 ft
United States

I've had the same problem with mine and it's been about a month now. I contacted them today and they said there has been a delay with shipping. The only time my progress changed was after contacting them about it. They say 2-3 days but that has not accurate but I hope it comes back good as new. I'm trying to be patient with the process but that's difficult to do when they aren't holding up their end.
2017-5-25
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

fans31f7c8b0 Posted at 2017-5-25 16:38
I've had the same problem with mine and it's been about a month now. I contacted them today and they said there has been a delay with shipping. The only time my progress changed was after contacting them about it. They say 2-3 days but that has not accurate but I hope it comes back good as new. I'm trying to be patient with the process but that's difficult to do when they aren't holding up their end.

I'm sorry if this was asked before, but could you please provide your case number so I can follow up?
2017-5-25
Use props
Blackbeagle
lvl.3
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-5-25 20:41
I'm sorry if this was asked before, but could you please provide your case number so I can follow up?

cas-575418-h1k3f9
2017-5-26
Use props
Blackbeagle
lvl.3
United States

Just spent 45 minutes on the phone on hold. Then when I reached someone, they are telling that the unit is in quality assessment stage...whatever the hell that means, and that it will take 4-5 business days to complete. I was sent an email that it was completed 5/16. The repairs were completed on 5/16. So now, over 10 days later, it's going to go through some checks and that it will take 4-5 more business days to ship? Get your crap together DJI. I will tell everyone about this experience. They spend all their money on products and marketing, but apparently none on service.
2017-5-26
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Blackbeagle Posted at 2017-5-26 10:49
Just spent 45 minutes on the phone on hold. Then when I reached someone, they are telling that the unit is in quality assessment stage...whatever the hell that means, and that it will take 4-5 business days to complete. I was sent an email that it was completed 5/16. The repairs were completed on 5/16. So now, over 10 days later, it's going to go through some checks and that it will take 4-5 more business days to ship? Get your crap together DJI. I will tell everyone about this experience. They spend all their money on products and marketing, but apparently none on service.

Unfortunately, there has been a backlog in the Shipping department. Based on the information provided, though, you should be receiving tracking information shortly.
2017-5-26
Use props
KM5RG-Robert
Second Officer
United States

Yeah, mine is stuck in QC now for a couple days too....
2017-5-26
Use props
fans31f7c8b0
lvl.2
United States

This sounds all to familiar, I wonder if they will ship it 2 day or something so we will get out drones sooner than later. This wait is not cool. Considering its Memorial Day Monday nothing won't be shipped out possibly until Tuesday at the earliest. At that point mine will have been in this "shipping stage" a week. Quite pathetic and frustrating
2017-5-27
Use props
fans29892e4c
New

United States

Mine too has been in shipping for a full week! Then I'm told bs stories that I'll receive an email with an update, and have no received anything! DJI, you are going to lose customers quick!
2017-5-28
Use props
Blackbeagle
lvl.3
United States

Get this. I'm almost have given up on DJI service. It's beyond bad. I might as well not get upset and just accept this is how it's going to be. So they decided to finally deliver my drone to me 5/30. So they send UPS. UPS puts a note on my door telling me they tried to deliver. What? Nobody's home. Do what everyone does.....drop the box on my front porch. When I bought it from Amazon, they delivered it to my front porch. Why do I need to sign for it during the day when I'm working like every other stiff? So I go home over lunch, and see the note. "Sorry..we tried to deliver but you weren't home so we're going to send it to one of these UPS centers". Great. So I go this place. THe address was weird. I don't know of any UPS center in this area where I was going to. So I was a little lost. I find out they drop it off at a local Ace Hardware Store. That's the UPS drop off center. WTF? So I go in and they tell me that it won't arrive until the next day. Huh? Even though the UPS site said, "Delivered".

I know this is not DJI's fault, but then it is. You guys are the ones that chose such a moronic shipping company. You've made it easier for YOU. But not for the CUSTOMER. Just simply drop it off at my porch and the problem is solved. No. Driver requires signature. What a bunch of crap. When does the drivers needs more important than the Customer's need? I authorized you to drop it off on my porch so I dont have to drive all over Kingdom Come to pick up a box. But no, driver cannot do that.

This thing is beyond F'd up. Now, my guess is, when I open up the box and try to fly the drone, something won't work and I will have to send it back and repeat the process all over again.
2017-5-31
Use props
fans31f7c8b0
lvl.2
United States

That does suck, I still haven't even received an email about mine being shipped and I talked with them yesterday. Nothing has changed I'm still getting excuses aboutthere being a shipping delay and it's been well over a week now.
2017-5-31
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Blackbeagle Posted at 2017-5-31 07:08
Get this. I'm almost have given up on DJI service. It's beyond bad. I might as well not get upset and just accept this is how it's going to be. So they decided to finally deliver my drone to me 5/30. So they send UPS. UPS puts a note on my door telling me they tried to deliver. What? Nobody's home. Do what everyone does.....drop the box on my front porch. When I bought it from Amazon, they delivered it to my front porch. Why do I need to sign for it during the day when I'm working like every other stiff? So I go home over lunch, and see the note. "Sorry..we tried to deliver but you weren't home so we're going to send it to one of these UPS centers". Great. So I go this place. THe address was weird. I don't know of any UPS center in this area where I was going to. So I was a little lost. I find out they drop it off at a local Ace Hardware Store. That's the UPS drop off center. WTF? So I go in and they tell me that it won't arrive until the next day. Huh? Even though the UPS site said, "Delivered".

I know this is not DJI's fault, but then it is. You guys are the ones that chose such a moronic shipping company. You've made it easier for YOU. But not for the CUSTOMER. Just simply drop it off at my porch and the problem is solved. No. Driver requires signature. What a bunch of crap. When does the drivers needs more important than the Customer's need? I authorized you to drop it off on my porch so I dont have to drive all over Kingdom Come to pick up a box. But no, driver cannot do that.

Unfortunately the direct signature has been made a requirement due to the increase in theft. I understand that this is frustrating, but I'm sure you'll be up and running again soon despite the shipping mishap by UPS.
2017-5-31
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

fans31f7c8b0 Posted at 2017-5-31 07:43
That does suck, I still haven't even received an email about mine being shipped and I talked with them yesterday. Nothing has changed I'm still getting excuses aboutthere being a shipping delay and it's been well over a week now.

I'm sorry if this was missed, but could you provide your case number so I can follow up?
2017-5-31
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

fans29892e4c Posted at 2017-5-28 15:53
Mine too has been in shipping for a full week! Then I'm told bs stories that I'll receive an email with an update, and have no received anything! DJI, you are going to lose customers quick!

You should have received tracking information rececently regarding your aircraft. You'll be up and running again shortly.
2017-5-31
Use props
Blackbeagle
lvl.3
United States

OK last update (I hope). So I received the box from Ace Hardware. The first thing I noticed is the box was the original box that I sent. Just taped up again. Huh? YOu can't find a brand new box? The box I sent was brand new. But it doens't look brand new anymore. I mean, that's what happens when you ship back and forth and UPS/FedX gets their hands on it. It's going to be beat up. And it was beat up. So I opened up the outside brown box, which had a big gouge on the side. I see that the white DJI Box had a huge dent on the corner like someone dropped it, threw it, or kicked at it. WOW. It looks terrible. Luckily,when I oppened, everything appears fine. But to me, this is just garbage. DJI could have prevented it by getting a better box and securing it with foam or popcorn. They did neither. But I will give them props as they did include a new set of "Props" with the repairs.

So I did did a quick test. I wanted to fire it up and turn off just to see if it works. It starts up fine, but now, when I do the sticks down and in, the motor doesn't stop. I finally figured that if you move the left stick down and in, it would stop. But not with both sticks (which it was before). Not sure what happened there.

So overall, I'm going to give DJI service a letter grade of D for communication, for length of repairs, for repackaging and shipping.  Again, when you hire a shipping company, and that company Fs up, it's on you. Just look at the condition of the box. Totally unaccepatable. That drone could have been in two pieces. Then I have to ship it back and wait for another month and a half? That's my summer right there.
Only time will tell if this thing will fly right. I will test again this weekend.
ups3.jpg
2017-6-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules