Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Where to fly in Bunbury WA?
1219 3 2017-5-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Zamboon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1332844 ft
Zambia

Good morning Oz, I’ll be doing my annual visit to Bunbury WA with my Mavic and hopefully goggles if they arrive in time.

My question is where can you fly in and around there?

I have got a ARN and CASA registration number online so I think that I have taken care of the formalities, it’s just a question of where to avoid and any recommendations.

Thanks and look forward to any input.  
2017-5-25
Use props
Zamboon
lvl.4
Zambia

Oh well, I guess nobody from Bunbury on the forum........ Will make a plan and play it by ear!
2017-6-10
Use props
Madeinoz
New
Australia

I'm from good ol bunno (and a mavic owner), best bet is to use the CASA app "Can I fly there", and as you are casa registered you are aware of the required flying regulations (as should any non registered UAV pilots), Really the main restriction is around the local Airport and is clearly outlined in the CASA app and what heights you are allowed in and around it, it does differs greatly with the DJI no fly area, so I would be guided by the CASA app over DJI
2017-9-6
Use props
Zamboon
lvl.4
Zambia

Thanks for that Madeinoz, I managed to get good information from the Mavic open forum and have flown in the area and am now back home. Yes the CASA app was very useful and I recommend it. Happy flying
2017-9-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules