Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
escalate issue
853 9 2017-5-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DECinHSV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14255190 ft
  • >>>
United States

Is there a means to escalate an issue with a unit thats in DJI Repair (California) ?  Ive spoke to the DJI line 6 times in the last 10 days (2 supposed supervisors) and no closer to an answer on the case and not one bit of communique' via email which I've been told to expect w/i 24-48 hours.  I'm in a bind next week if it doesn't return by end of week, so I don't have much wiggle room, so looking for ideas or a contact that can assist ~
2017-5-25
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Sorry to hear you're experiencing difficulties, we'd love to help you look into it.
What's your case number, please?
2017-5-25
Use props
rmaxwell.dccnet
First Officer
Flight distance : 698661 ft
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-5-25 18:26
Sorry to hear you're experiencing difficulties, we'd love to help you look into it.

Support from the California repair depot...

2016-04-26 Purchased Zenmuse X5R for my Inspire One  (worked fine until white pixels appeared in left half of dark areas of the RAW data....)  This problem appears in February 2017.

2017-02-20  Case:  CAS-465635-N0H2R5  send it back to DJI California for warranty repair.

2017-03-15  Case:  CAS-465635-N0H2R5  Unit is shipped back to me.

Exchange Unit arrives and will not mechanically connect to either my Osmo or my Inspire One.

2017-03-22  Case:  CAS-525264-D6K6N5  I am authorized to return it to California for another try.

2017-04-06  Case:  CAS-525264-D6K6N5  Unit is shipped back to me.

Same Exchange Unit arrives and will not mechanically connect to my Osmo correctly but will connect to my Inspire One.  When I command gimbal to look straight ahead it looks 45 degrees to the right.

2017-04-21 Case:  CAS-589891-Q3H6R4  I am authorized to return it to California for repair. They email shipping label giving two day shipping.

2017-05-05  Case:   CAS-589891-Q3H6R4  They inform me that their assessment is complete and they tell me they are going to send me an exchange or new unit.

I wait a week and then call and ask them why it has not shipped.

I wait another week and ask why it has not shipped.

2017-05-24   Case:   CAS-589891-Q3H6R4  Unit finally ships using overnight shipping.

2017-05-25  Unit arrives.  I test it.  It works!!!!  Only three months to get a working unit!

Dear DECinHSV...Good luck!!!  I hope you are not in a hurry.   OH...don't forget they have an exchange program that only costs $5,000.  Maybe that would speed things up!

Ray

2017-5-26
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

rmaxwell.dccnet Posted at 2017-5-26 00:00

2016-04-26 Purchased Zenmuse X5R for my Inspire One  (worked fine until white pixels appeared in left half of dark areas of the RAW data....)  This problem appears in February 2017.

That's really frustrating, Ray.
Sincerely sorry for your unpleasant experience, while we are glad to know the new one arrived is working properly!
We're concerned much about customer satisfaction, your feedback provides us motivation to keep improve, thanks again for your support  and patience!
2017-5-26
Use props
rmaxwell.dccnet
First Officer
Flight distance : 698661 ft
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-5-26 00:44
That's really frustrating, Ray.
Sincerely sorry for your unpleasant experience, while we are glad to know the new one arrived is working properly!
We're concerned much about customer satisfaction, your feedback provides us motivation to keep improve, thanks again for your support  and patience!

As a retired electronics engineer, I would like to say that the engineering in the DJI products is state of the art and is at a very high level.  I love their technology.

However, their support and their promised delivery times on new products leaves a lot to be desired.  Their policies in these areas are very misguided.  The people who manage these areas should be replaced.

Compare their support to my local camera dealer...I bought a Canon 5D MkII and after a month it developed a problem.  I took it to my dealer and asked him to send it in.  Instead he reached behind the counter and gave me a new camera.  I just bought a new Canon 5D MkIV from this very nice dealer.

If you make a living or want to be able to deliver aerial filming services to your clients on a reliable basis you need a second unit as a backup.  I have both an Inspire One and an Inspire 2.  If I did not have both, I would have been without a workable unit for three months.  A second unit is not that much more than subscribing to their new exchange service.

Has anyone had any experience with this service???

Ray
2017-5-26
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

rmaxwell.dccnet Posted at 2017-5-26 11:28
As a retired electronics engineer, I would like to say that the engineering in the DJI products is state of the art and is at a very high level.  I love their technology.

However, their support and their promised delivery times on new products leaves a lot to be desired.  Their policies in these areas are very misguided.  The people who manage these areas should be replaced.

Ray, thanks for sharing your experience with us.
We listen to all feedback on social media, and know that we have much to learn and improve about service, will work harder.
2017-5-26
Use props
DECinHSV
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

rmaxwell.dccnet Posted at 2017-5-26 00:00

Ray --- thats a BIG part of the issue !
2017-5-30
Use props
DECinHSV
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-5-25 18:26

Thank you DJI Natalia - CAS-630468-R1K7X5 is the case number.  I'd prefer to speak with someone instead of airing the issue in the forum.  I've called multiple times (as you can probably see from the notes) and I think the issue comes down to "warranty vs DJI Care".  I dont see why I need to use the CARE choice which I have relayed on each call.  #frustrating
2017-5-30
Use props
DECinHSV
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Natalia (or whoever may have intervened), thank you.  I was contacted regarding the issue and it appears its atleast back into the repair cue !  I missed out on the chance to fly it this weekend, but was able to have a friend get the gig (if the weather holds up) so all-in-all not terribly affected by this !  Thank you ~
2017-5-31
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

DECinHSV Posted at 2017-5-31 13:28
DJI Natalia (or whoever may have intervened), thank you.  I was contacted regarding the issue and it appears its atleast back into the repair cue !  I missed out on the chance to fly it this weekend, but was able to have a friend get the gig (if the weather holds up) so all-in-all not terribly affected by this !  Thank you ~

Good to hear it's getting sorted.
2017-5-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules